Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

What kind of brain dead fucktard puts an American Airlines style kiosk in a fast food joint?  Maybe I missed some long-ago revolution as I never walk into fast food places. 

[No CR]The kind that trying to get ahead of the curve and doesn't want to pay $15/hr to someone that doesn't know how to make change to begin with.... [/No CR]

• Like 3

Probably been mentioned, but getting satisfaction surveys any time you come in contact with another human being.  If you go to a bank teller.  If you call into a service center.  And gotdam, I just took my car into the dealer for routine service, and I have been hit with calls and surveys nonstop since.  You did fine.  Leave me TF alone.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Probably been mentioned, but getting satisfaction surveys any time you come in contact with another human being.  If you go to a bank teller.  If you call into a service center.  And gotdam, I just took my car into the dealer for routine service, and I have been hit with calls and surveys nonstop since.  You did fine.  Leave me TF alone.

Gotta get those metrics!!!

My standard response: "I don't do surveys"

I had an interaction with a business that apparently had a glitch in their survey request system. I got 9 emails a day for three weeks asking me to complete a satisfaction survey. After the first day I began returning one a day. My rants in the comment section became pretty lengthy and I’m sure if there is ever a workplace shooting there that I’ll be on some list as a suspect.
  • Haha 2

On 4/8/2018 at 4:56 PM, ernest_t_bass said:

Thick milkshakes... I'm not trying to bring any boys to the yard, so I don't like them thick.  It's been about 30 minutes since I ordered the fucking thing, and I STILL can't drink it.  I'm seriously fucking ragey, to the point I thought about driving back to the shake shack and throwing the fucking thing at the window.  It's either the shake of the piece of shit fucking straw that collapses in every time I try to take a drink.  Serenity fucking now.

I fucking hate thick milkshakes.  at whataburger I ask them to add extra milk to thin it out a little.  it helps. 

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

use the self-serve kiosk

I can't stand going to fast food restaurants or really any kind of drive thru where you have to talk into a speaker for this one trivial reason

Me: I'll have a whataburger with cheese, small fries, and that's it.

Them: Okay anything else?

Me: That's it.

I told you that I don't want anything else so why are you asking me? I could understand if they were trying to upsell me another menu item but that never happens.

36 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

In the same vein, when you pull up in the drive through and they say "Hey how are you?"   It creates an awkward transition to ordering.  "Um, fine.  I want..."  Just fucking say "Hello may I take your order."

The correct response it I'm just super, thanks for asking.... can we talk about Jesus ?

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, Moby Ric said:

Grown men wearing sneakers with suits. 

There is absolutely no circumstance in which sneakers with a suit or a sport coat is a good look.  I don’t know if seeing that makes me surly, really more pity for how ridiculous anyone wearing that looks.  

• Like 1

Could be on the dumb shit your wife does thread but people that leave the refrigerator door open while they take things in and out and leave the door open.

I’ve watched my wife probably 50 times stand there and make a sandwich with the door open the entire time and only go to close it when she leaves the kitchen.  

Just open it, get your shit, then close it, fuck.

21 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

I hate it when I say I want the #1 with cheese no onions and they ask wait you wanted the meal???

Why the fuck would I say #1 if I just wanted the burger?

I hate this the other way around.  If I ask for the sandwich by name, instead of the much shorter, simpler number, there's pretty much no fucking way I meant the meal.

As baseball season approaches, I've got a new one.  I've been a (25-ish game mini pack) season ticket holder for the Express for several years now.  My new season ticket rep interacted with me by email and added that one, a different email than is associated with my account, to their announcement system.  All my personal email lands in one spot, so I now get two back to back copies of everything promotional related to the Express or Dell Diamond

It's going to slowly drive me insane.

58 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

"Good, could I get a..."

Or you could test them and see how long they'll let you hold up the line while you answer their impertinent question until they stop you and ask you for your order which is what they should've done in the first place. They don't care how I'm doing, I don't care how they're doing. Just say, "Welcome to Taco Bell, may I take your order?" and let's get on with our transaction.