Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

I hate this the other way around.  If I ask for the sandwich by name, instead of the much shorter, simpler number, there's pretty much no fucking way I meant the meal.

Fucking this. That's why I cut to the chase when I order just the burger, I say "just the burger by itself" because they will 100% of the time ask you if you want the meal. I'm pretty sure I'd have ordered the meal by number if I did.

notorious/infamous - these are used with bad connotation.  get it right.

"homemade" foods - for stuff actually made in low-batch, at home.  if youre cooking soup for 500 people in a cafeteria, its not homemade.  if you pump out industrial quantities of cookies to distribute to albertsons, its not "homemade", even if its baked from scratched

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

"homemade" foods - for stuff actually made in low-batch, at home.  if youre cooking soup for 500 people in a cafeteria, its not homemade.  if you pump out industrial quantities of cookies to distribute to albertsons, its not "homemade", even if its baked from scratched

I hate when douchebag chefs call someone a "Home Cook". No, MF'er, I am a human adult that wants to feed myself. I'm not a "cook". 

On 3/18/2019 at 10:06 PM, pyrohornIII said:

Walking past 8 or 12 spaces reserved at box stores for people too busy/lazy to go in and shop, forcing those who actually do make the effort to go into the store walk that much further.   HEB (when open) is the least offensive in their strategy here. 

Curbside rocks. 

Enjoy your hour of dodging small children in the store with the other poors. I'll pay my 5 bucks and be on my way 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 4:06 AM, pyrohornIII said:

Walking past 8 or 12 spaces reserved at box stores for people too busy/lazy to go in and shop, forcing those who actually do make the effort to go into the store walk that much further.   HEB (when open) is the least offensive in their strategy here. 

Are you a big fat person?  

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, VolenteHawk said:

As baseball season approaches, I've got a new one.  I've been a (25-ish game mini pack) season ticket holder for the Express for several years now.  My new season ticket rep interacted with me by email and added that one, a different email than is associated with my account, to their announcement system.  All my personal email lands in one spot, so I now get two back to back copies of everything promotional related to the Express or Dell Diamond

It's going to slowly drive me insane.

Are you buying any of the used/old seats they're selling?

I’m all for legalizing pot, but can we all agree on some fucking etiquette? You would think it’d be obvious, but not in public assholes. Seems every time I’m in a big city more than a few times I can see or smell it being puffed in densely populated streets. Just ridiculous, selfish, and rude.

Maybe less obvious, but can we all agree that pot is much more pungent than even regular cigarettes and sticks to your clothes? If you’re smoking at home and need to go to the store, change your damn clothes, out of respect for others who don’t want to smell it waiting in line behind you.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I’m all for legalizing pot, but can we all agree on some fucking etiquette? You would think it’d be obvious, but not in public assholes. Seems every time I’m in a big city more than a few times I can see or smell it being puffed in densely populated streets. Just ridiculous, selfish, and rude.

Maybe less obvious, but can we all agree that pot is much more pungent than even regular cigarettes and sticks to your clothes? If you’re smoking at home and need to go to the store, change your damn clothes, out of respect for others who don’t want to smell it waiting in line behind you.

Heyyyy maaaan, don't be such an uptight cat, ya know? What you need is some doobage for the ol' head there. Yahhh man, some doobie doobie doobage.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Man, every time I go to the fuckin' gym some 'head is there giving everyone around him a contact high. It's weird. Smoke pot all day and then go workout? Who does that?

Man, every time I go to the fuckin' gym some 'head is there giving everyone around him a contact high. It's weird. Smoke pot all day and then go workout? Who does that?

I know several high level Brazilian jiu jitsu fighters that smoke before training and absolutely demolish anyone that steps in the mats with them.

I don't care if pot's illegal or not, so I oppose legalization just to make certain people's heads explode. I like fucking with people who really, really, REALLY want it legalized.

I do think smoking pot is a pretty scuzzy behavior outside a certain age. But I'm old and square so it doesn't matter what I think. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

I don't care if pot's illegal or not, so I oppose legalization just to make certain people's heads explode. I like fucking with people who really, really, REALLY want it legalized.
I do think smoking pot is a pretty scuzzy behavior outside a certain age. But I'm old and square so it doesn't matter what I think. 

Lulz. Scuzzy?

Like drinking alcohol and beating your wife or driving drunk and killing a family?

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Weird reason to throw away your  credibility on matters that might not be as trivial, but whatever floats your boat.

16 hours ago, 'stache said:

but can we all agree that pot is much more pungent than even regular cigarettes and sticks to your clothes?

Um. No. Pot sticks to your clothes way less than cigarettes do. Unless you're hot-boxing a joint or smoking a blunt or something. 

Bong rips in a ventilated room won't make you smell like anything. 

• Like 3