Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

47 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Um. No. Pot sticks to your clothes way less than cigarettes do. Unless you're hot-boxing a joint or smoking a blunt or something. 

Bong rips in a ventilated room won't make you smell like anything. 

As someone "accused" of  smelling like pot after re entering a building, I'm gonna disagree.

On 3/20/2019 at 8:00 AM, Llano Estacado said:

“North Pole” is the center of the disc. “Antarctica” is the edge. Do you even flat earth, bro?

Where's the giant turtle?  I thought the north pole was by his head?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

As someone "accused" of  smelling like pot after re entering a building, I'm gonna disagree.

"Way less" doesn't mean "not at all"

Go smoke a cigarette in your car with the windows rolled up. Tell me how you smell after that endeavor. 

Mother Fucker.  Goddamned Oklahoma. Goddamned draconian marijuana possession laws.

Just got a call from my 19 yr old daughter on her way back to Texas from Mizzou with one of her sorority sisters.

Her: "Dad I'm in OU Sux, is it illegal for a cop to make my friend sit with him in his cop car?"

Me: "Do you still have that Grateful Dead sticker on your rear window? Is the cop's name bernard?"

Her: "Yep"

Me: "some would consider that probable cause. Anything illegal in your car?"

Her: "not at the moment"

Me: "OK, just hang tight and chill out, he's probably trying to find you guys in a lie"

Fucker didn't even ask for their licenses or insurance.  Just leaned on them to search my daughter's car for drugs.  He even had a dog but didn't even let him out of the cop car.

Edited by BearSchlong

5 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Mother Fucker.  Goddamned Oklahoma. Goddamned draconian marijuana possession laws.

Just got a call from my 19 yr old daughter on her way back to Texas from Mizzou with one of her sorority sisters.

Her: "Dad I'm in OU Sux, is it illegal for a cop to make my friend sit with him in his cop car?"

Me: "Do you still have that Grateful Dead sticker on your rear window? Is the cop's name bernard?"

Me: "OK, just hang tight and chill out, he's probably trying to find you guys in a lie"

Fucker didn't even ask for their licenses or insurance.  Just leaned on them to search my daughter's car for drugs.  He even had a dog but didn't even let him out of the cop car.

Driving with drugs in your car through rural America with out of state plates is a great way to get arrested. 

(I know your daughter was clean, just saying)

• Like 1

One thing that makes me surly is public bathroom stalls (and sink areas) that don't have anyplace to put your shit. If I designed any bathroom, each stall would have a coathook and a fold-down shelf to put your briefcase or other objects on. And there would be shelves or storage options near the sink area. So you don't have to just dump your stuff all over the piss-soaked floor, or put clean items down on the wet sink counter. Why doesn't anyone think of these little details? I'm not that smart so the lack of these extremely basic amenities must be intentional.

Edited by Paper_jam
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

One thing that makes me surly is public bathroom stalls (and sink areas) that don't have anyplace to put your shit. If I designed any bathroom, each stall would have a coathook and a fold-down shelf to put your briefcase or other objects on. And there would be shelves or storage options near the sink area. So you don't have to just dump your stuff all over the piss-soaked floor, or put clean items down on the wet sink counter. Why doesn't anyone think of these little details? I'm not that smart so the lack of these extremely basic amenities must be intentional.

Architects do all the time, but budgets usually take out amenities in spaces like that.

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

bernard isn't the cop.  bernard is the vic.  misuse of surlyisms makes me surly.

• Like 6

Driving with drugs in your car through rural America with out of state plates is a great way to get arrested. 
Yep. Ever since CO legalized recreational weed, lots of CO cars get pulled over in Kansas and Nebraska. Probably OK, too.

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Yep. Ever since CO legalized recreational weed, lots of CO cars get pulled over in Kansas and Nebraska. Probably OK, too.

Yeah CO plates are probably the worst.

Shit, talk about probable cause, having CO plates is probable enough for a lot of cops.

3 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

Any surface in a bathroom to put shit on is also a surface to put shit on.

4 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

I can tell you from firsthand experience that the same shit happens in Texas. 

3 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

Many public restrooms actually are designed to NOT have flat surfaces to make drug use inconvenient - there was a time when some places were putting vaseline or other oil on toilet seats, completely negating their normal purpose, just to prevent them being used as surfaces for snorting lines.

I think my biggest surly rage point right now is this...

You're at a long light.  Light changes.  Marybeth in front of you is checking her phone.  You wait.  One second.... two seconds....three seconds.  If you don't do anything you're going to have to cycle through the light again.  So you honk as absolutely, everyloving lightly as you possibly can to alert Marybeth.  Rather than a "thank you" or "sorry" response, you get the "go f yourself" or finger.  

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

You f'ing lotto players. Yall will jam the line at the convenience store for 3-5 minutes playing your poors tax.

Hey now I play the lotto every now and then. It takes like 2 seconds to print one of those things out. It's the scratch off lottery people you're mad at. 

On 3/22/2019 at 7:43 AM, markstanco said:
On 2/26/2019 at 8:13 PM, NowThis said:
and guys who blow their snot from nose in a public / corporate bathroom,  straight into the sink basin.  Disgusting mofos man. 

Aka the snot rocket.

Coach's kleenex.

Yeah, that’s law enforcement practice literally everywhere, not unique to Oklahoma.

Yeah that shit was way too late for a Sunday. Has it always been that way? Sunday seems better suited to be done by 6 or 7 pm.
No, when CBS aired the whole thing and they cut in and out of games, it ended early on Sunday. Now that they stagger every single start to where every game ends and starts on it's own, they go very late. Since TBS, TNT and TruTv all air games now.

45 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
54 minutes ago, 'stache said:
Yeah that shit was way too late for a Sunday. Has it always been that way? Sunday seems better suited to be done by 6 or 7 pm.

No, when CBS aired the whole thing and they cut in and out of games, it ended early on Sunday. Now that they stagger every single start to where every game ends and starts on it's own, they go very late. Since TBS, TNT and TruTv all air games now.

Which is kind of ironic. Now that they have a dedicated broadcast vehicle for every game, they carefully stagger them to minimize overlap.

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Kid birthday parties on Sunday. WTF. I don't care if his birthday falls on a Sunday, it's a bad idea. Are you going to have it on a Monday next year? Especially during the school year. Not to mention I have to work the next day. Asshole parents.

Was that an evening thing? Or is it inconvenient for a daytime thing too...? Our daughter will be 2 in a few days and while we're at least a year away from scheduling birthday parties w/other kids attending, I may have a chance to learn something.

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Was that an evening thing? Or is it inconvenient for a daytime thing too...? Our daughter will be 2 in a few days and while we're at least a year away from scheduling birthday parties w/other kids attending, I may have a chance to learn something.

Don't do Sunday at all.  It's bad form.

• Like 2