Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 3/2/2019 at 7:25 AM, BladeRunnerRock said:

Listening to sports talking heads on the radio......"right" is about to overtake "literally" ,  "at the end of the day" and "let's be honest" as required statements.

He is a good QB, right? He wants a big contract, right? He is going to get drafted in the first round, right?.... At first I thought it was just this Alex Marvez character. I still don't know who he is. But it seems to be about every other guest on whatever show I am listening to.

and for the corporate-speak guru's...the word "future" is outdated. It is now "on a go-forward basis".

My cousin's been saying "right?" for years, and I just thought it was a quirk of her's.  As you point out, it's fucking everywhere now.

Right?

On 3/1/2019 at 3:28 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

Going to a group outing, and there's a shared basket of fries, onion rings, what have you... and some bastard squirts ketchup out directly onto everything in the basket. I'll cut a motherfucker. I don't want anything on my fries but salt and pepper, asshole.

This guy needs to be drug out in the street and shot.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

What grinds my gears is when you are trying to order breakfast at a restaurant or a hotel and their only breakfast sausage option is a turkey sausage. What kind of indifedal is okay with that? How is this a good market strategy? I guess I’m the only one who didn’t get the weirdo sausage memo? And don’t get me started on the chicken sausage option. I’ll never choose that particular Hello Fresh meal kit so stop giving it as an option. Chicken sausage is for the extremely perverted and weird. I’m not from the North; I don’t eat that. I’m from Texas. 

Whoa.  Easy, buddy.  I'm not sure what you mean by "North", but in Iowa/Wisconsin, bratwurst is god damned way of life.  There ain't no god damned chicken sausage unless you go to Trader Joe's.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Whoa.  Easy, buddy.  I'm not sure what you mean by "North", but in Iowa/Wisconsin, bratwurst is god damned way of life.  There ain't no god damned chicken sausage unless you go to Trader Joe's.

I've never understood bratwurst. Or any non-spicy sausage for that matter. It it isn't hot, what's the point of eating it?

9 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It totally works with a pair of Chuck Taylor canvas high tops (Black only). just sayin'

I believe you are part of the problem, then. 

I also see these, which I personally think are tacky as well. Something about the light soles on the dark shoes just doesn't jive: 

new-cole-haan-grand-wingtip-shoes-black-

8 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I've never understood bratwurst. Or any non-spicy sausage for that matter. It it isn't hot, what's the point of eating it?

This isn't the dumbass opinion thread. Brats not spicy enough for ya? Throw some spicy mustard on it. 

• Like 1

I believe you are part of the problem, then. 
I also see these, which I personally think are tacky as well. Something about the light soles on the dark shoes just doesn't jive: 
new-cole-haan-grand-wingtip-shoes-black-white-2017-2018-e1495136374173.jpg
I actually picked up this exact pair at Dillards earlier today and started laughing, like how on earth is a wingtip sneaker ever got produced by Cole haan. . .tacky as hell.

I hate takeout places that tie a knot with the handles of the plastic bag making me cut or rip it open to get my food. For some reason, 99% of Asian restaurants have figured out the perfection of the slip knot, allowing you to carry the bag with one nicely centered handle (trivial thing that pleases the shit out of me) while 100% of the rest either tie a knot or do nothing.  Both of these far inferior options make me surlier than they should.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 3/5/2019 at 12:24 PM, lateshow said:
Grown ass men that wear sneakers with suits. I'm looking at you every dude on ESPN, and Skip Bayless.

Meh. Most of the time they are sitting down and you don't see the shoes. The suit is for show. Wear some Chucks and it's fine.

No. Chucks with a suit are dumb as hell too. If I couldn't see their feet, I wouldn't know that they are wearing sneakers. Be a grown man, and wear dress shoes with your suit. Change back into your precious sneaks after your hour or two on air ends. 

Exhibit A:

Image result for skip bayless sneakers

Edited by lateshow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 3/5/2019 at 12:24 PM, lateshow said:
Grown ass men that wear sneakers with suits. I'm looking at you every dude on ESPN, and Skip Bayless.

Meh. Most of the time they are sitting down and you don't see the shoes. The suit is for show. Wear some Chucks and it's fine.

no offense but you seem like the type that would wear a jersey to court

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

no offense but you seem like the type that would wear a jersey to a court date

I don't own jerseys of any sport.I also don't live a life that would cause me to have any court dates to worry about.

It's pretty common for these broadcasters to wear comfortable shows with their suits in a show where they are sitting down for the duration. No biggie. 

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I also don't live a life that would cause me to have any court dates to worry about. 

What about Dr appointments?  You seem like the type that might have to swing by the clinic for a shot every now and then.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

What’s up with cops letting their car idle in the parking lot while they’re inside eating? Can’t go back to a cold car like the rest of us?

If they have equipment running in the car (Mobile Data Terminal, camera system, etc), they run off the car, and it would drain the battery in no time.  Thus they leave the cars on to utilize the alternator.  Plus, ain't there gas or car.

18 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

So what do they do at the end of they’re shift? Battery dies overnight?

From my experiences:

At shift change, car video data is uploaded at the station, MDT is shut down, camera system is shut down, then the car is shut down.  Issues arose if you shut down the vehicle without uploading the video data.

18 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

From my experiences:

At shift change, car video data is uploaded at the station, MDT is shut down, camera system is shut down, then the car is shut down.  Issues arose if you shut down the vehicle without uploading the video data.

All that sensitive equipment is also why an LEO won't give a stranded motorist a jump start. They'll call roadside assistance. Unless you got yuuuuge knockers.

Watching mongoloids tear at a paper towel dispenser like a deranged monkey. Hey dipshit, if you'll just pull down at a reasonable rate it really will auto feed the next sheet so you don't have to put your grubby dickskinners on the dispenser and it will leave a tag end for the next schmuck to grab.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

When a movie poster has the three main characters prominently at the top of the photo, and the names are in a different order than the actors

To keep on the movie theme. 

When scenes in the trailer aren't actually in the movie cut.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

From my experiences:

Take note: PS is a cop