Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

Extended warranties in general.

Why not sell me something more than a guaranteed piece of shit.

i cashed in on 2 of the 3 or maybe 4 extended warranties i've purchased - one for a canon camera that stopped being able to load film (one of the APS pieces of shit) and another for a sony dvd player that started tossing error codes.  might even count the extra 2 years of warranty i bought from dell for my laptop (after 3 years warranty stopped being standard) - made them replace the logic board a few times. 

never bought one for a car. 

After 100 pages not sure if mentioned but the fact I can’t control f while using my browser on my phone. Shit, Maybe one can but fuck if i know how... sometimes I want to order nachos but the damn web page won’t let me search; and control f and I go way the fuck back, we’re like brothers...

Edited by achooloco

Walking around DC yesterday, I pass some black dude in his 50s or 60s sitting with a woman on a bench outside a bakery. Neither of them look homeless “Hey man can you help me out. Help me out man” says guy with hand extended for money as I walk past. I don’t even look at him. A few minutes later I walk out of bakery, pass the same guy still sitting there “Hey man help me out” guy repeats, hand still extended. I keep walking and make it about two steps 

“HEY HELP ME OUT FAGGOT!” I’m a socially awkward person. Whenever I get nervous, I smile or laugh a little bit. I turn and kind of laugh at him, then continue walking. That sets him off. “FUCK YOU GUMP MOTHERFUCKER. LOOK AT THIS BITCH HE’S ACTING LIKE A GUMP. FAGGOT.” But he was such a lazy piece of shit that he never even got off the bench. Which was good because I didn’t want to embarrass myself trying to fight him. I kept walking. I hope he dies painfully, soon. 

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

Walking around DC yesterday, I pass some black dude in his 50s or 60s sitting with a woman on a bench outside a bakery. Neither of them look homeless “Hey man can you help me out. Help me out man” says guy with hand extended for money as I walk past. I don’t even look at him. A few minutes later I walk out of bakery, pass the same guy still sitting there “Hey man help me out” guy repeats, hand still extended. I keep walking and make it about two steps 

“HEY HELP ME OUT FAGGOT!” I’m a socially awkward person. Whenever I get nervous, I smile or laugh a little bit. I turn and kind of laugh at him, then continue walking. That sets him off. “FUCK YOU GUMP MOTHERFUCKER. LOOK AT THIS BITCH HE’S ACTING LIKE A GUMP. FAGGOT.” But he was such a lazy piece of shit that he never even got off the bench. Which was good because I didn’t want to embarrass myself trying to fight him. I kept walking. I hope he dies painfully, soon. 

What color was the woman's skin?

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What color was the woman's skin?

She was black too but she didn’t say one word the whole time. She should ditch that guy. 

I only mentioned his race to be more descriptive, although it really wasn’t relevant to the story. He single-handedly vaulted DC to 2nd place on my “Cities with most aggressive homeless population” list. Even though I’m not sure he was homeless, he didn’t really look the part. 1st place is San Fran and it’s not close. There’s some seriously angry hobos over there every time I’ve been.

32 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I only mentioned his race to be more descriptive, although it really wasn’t relevant to the story. He single-handedly vaulted DC to 2nd place on my “Cities with most aggressive homeless population” list. Even though I’m not sure he was homeless, he didn’t really look the part.

It was very descriptive. You're telling us you're almost certainly white. 

You admit his skin color wasn't relevant to the story but you told us anyway. That's discrimination.  You assumed he was homeless but admit he might not have been. That's prejudice. 

There's a word for that. 

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You admit his skin color wasn't relevant to the story but you told us anyway. That's discrimination.  You assumed he was homeless but admit he might not have been. That's prejudice. 

There's a word for that. 

I’m full hispanic first of all. And I mentioned his age as well, so am I an ageist? I don’t really think it’s much of a jump to assume a guy on a bench asking passerbys for money is homeless. He didn’t really look homeless (not many belongings with him, short haircut) which is why I literally said in my first post “he didn’t look homeless”. The aggressive asshole homeless people in City #1 San Fran I’ve encountered have mostly been white, although once again I don’t think it matters. They’re shitstains because of who they are, their race is irrelevant. In the same way the guy I ran into yesterday was an asshole because he was just an angry piece of human trash, not because he was black or (possibly) homeless. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There's a word for that. 

CR-------------->

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Good grief, I would definitely have to schedule an "offsite meeting" with a contractor / client / anyone in lieu of that bullshit.

Ahh yer that kid who never got valentines cards form the other kids in your decorated shoe box in 3rd grade ?  Those can be deeeeeeep wounds.... : )

14 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Ahh yer that kid who never got valentines cards form the other kids in your decorated shoe box in 3rd grade ?  Those can be deeeeeeep wounds.... : )

I'm just saying it would be a great excuse to go down to the titter and throw spare change at your mom.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’m full hispanic first of all. And I mentioned his age as well, so am I an ageist? I don’t really think it’s much of a jump to assume a guy on a bench asking passerbys for money is homeless. He didn’t really look homeless (not many belongings with him, short haircut) which is why I literally said in my first post “he didn’t look homeless”. The aggressive asshole homeless people in City #1 San Fran I’ve encountered have mostly been white, although once again I don’t think it matters. They’re shitstains because of who they are, their race is irrelevant. In the same way the guy I ran into yesterday was an asshole because he was just an angry piece of human trash, not because he was black or (possibly) homeless. 

homeless people are shitstains? huh.

• Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, Helobious said:

That's why I said "almost certainly white" because obviously it's not definite. Everyone can discriminate but the odds are what they are. 

The point is that when people include irrelevancies like a person's skin color in a story it's because they see the world that way. It's not a man, it's a black man, or whatever, depending on the circumstances. Including that information in the story doesn't make the story better, it just says something about the storyteller. You could just tell the story about what some guy did. Superficialities like skin color aren't remarkable unless you're filing a police report. 

That's why I said "almost certainly white" because obviously it's not definite. Everyone can discriminate but the odds are what they are. 
The point is that when people include irrelevancies like a person's skin color in a story it's because they see the world that way. It's not a man, it's a black man, or whatever, depending on the circumstances. Including that information in the story doesn't make the story better, it just says something about the storyteller. You could just tell the story about what some guy did. Superficialities like skin color aren't remarkable unless you're filing a police report. 

So everyone who mentions that their wife is female in the stupid wives thread is a sexist?

On 2/18/2019 at 5:21 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

So when a black guy says this crazy ass, cracka white, dude: he isn't being prejudice or discriminatory or Heavens to betsy racist right ?  Should we get a ruling from Dennison ?  

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

Speaking of homeless and Hispanics, I never see any homeless Hispanic people around Dallas or panhandling on street corners.

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Speaking of homeless and Hispanics, I never see any homeless Hispanic people around Dallas or panhandling on street corners.

I can't ever recall seeing a Hispanic person panhandling around here. It's usually white and black people, men and women about 50 /50. Never seen an Asian person panhandling in my life.

• Like 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

I can't ever recall seeing a Hispanic person panhandling around here. It's usually white and black people, men and women about 50 /50. Never seen an Asian person panhandling in my life.

Yep them either. Or Middle Eastern descent. It's just white and black when it comes to that.

On 2/15/2019 at 2:18 PM, Richard Kimball said:

You can safely ignore this post. It's me rambling, trying to stay awake during a three hour session. At least the Minnow had Ginger and Mary Anne. 

Oh God. VP coming around rapping on tables, trying to drum up enthusiasm. Only about half as many people here for second three hours, so, harder to hide, but easier to get a chair where no one can get behind me and see I'm surfing. Have a throw down word processing file I can pull up if necessary. 

"We're going to have an important conversation." translation: "Shut up and listen."

OMG, this is worse than the part about laws. Core values, rules of the road, people, inclusiveness, communication, excellence and integrity. Leadership team hasn't done good job of communicating, so they're going to annoy the shit out of us by having more meetings. 

HEY! We've got a poster! Here's a poster with generic clip art of laughing people having more fun than you ever have and buzz words. We're all in this together. Buzzword bingo. We can't do this by ourselves. It's a team effort. Courageous conversations. Just hit diverse on the buzzword bingo. That should be a free space. Sensitivity training video coming up. 

VP is wearing a bow tie. Personal note: only wear a bow tie with a tuxedo. We'll be open and courageous in our communication. Pretty sure they don't want to know what I really think. 

Does this post count as paying attention? Is cynicism a core value? If I'm making fun of the presentation while it's going on, I'm still paying attention. Jeez: We're going to walk the talk. I think he meant walk the walk. This bubbled up from us. We can all pat ourselves on the back. We need to celebrate the good stuff we do. 

Weird, I have a great attitude towards my job until they drag me to one of these fake "let's celebrate ourselves" meetings. We're doing great things, and we're going to do more great things. We're getting everyone on a level playing field. 

Oooooohhhh, powerpoint with charts. Trying to put a positive spin on bad numbers. 

OK, confession, they finally have some decent info. Relevant to our jobs. ten minutes of good info in four hours is above their average. 

45 minutes in: Presenters keep asking if there are questions. NO! We want out!

Settled into a low buzz of tedium and glazed eyes now. 

Dammit. I was stretching when presenter asked for questions. Hopeful look at me, I shake my head no. No one turns around to see what fool thought about asking a question. 

These meetings wouldn't bug me as much if I didn't know how they worked. "Listening sessions" aren't about finding out what they should do. If you go to a listening session, they've already decided what to do. They're determining who will fall in line and who they'll have to kill off.Search for "Mao let a hundred flowers blossom." Pro tip: don't invite a guy who used to be in charge of doing these things come to one as an attendee. 

Breaking now. Another hour and a half to glory. 

If you had just arrested and convicted that one armed bastard you wouldn't have to deal with all of that crap.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So the whole "They're taking our jerbs!!!" thing is a lie?

Got to the motherland, they will greet you at the border with palms outstretched.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

So the whole "They're taking our jerbs!!!" thing is a lie?

Got to the motherland, they will greet you at the border with palms outstretched.

Yeah I'm sure in country there are plenty. My comments are more about what I see here in Va.  It's white and black folks 99.99% of the time.

Have you ever read a book you fucking idiot?

1 hour ago, Paco said:
On 2/18/2019 at 4:21 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Read more  

Have you ever read a book you fucking idiot?

"The Nigger of the Narcissus" by Joseph Conrad is a great book that I've read. It's about a guy but I couldn't tell you what race because I'm colorblind like that.