Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Uhh, sir, corporate HR would like a word with you 1. for uttering that christian mans name (offending our aetheists, Muslins and Buddhists) and 2. for using that saviors name in vain...  They're gone have an ask session with you

You sure they didn't mean ass session?  Because I've had lots of those.  And at the end of the day, net-net, going forward...it's top notch.

1 hour ago, VolenteHawk said:

I’ll gate check my bag on every flight for the rest of my life if it means no bullshit emotional support animals within 5 rows of me.

This right here! I am just waiting for one of them to bite me so I can have it euthanized.......because fuck them.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 1:52 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

If it's the only thing I'm carrying, sorry man, that's my space. I'm not screwing with my leg room.

I agree with both of you. I hate the pricks that throw two bags up, but if I'm just carrying the laptop bag, and I'm in for the bad movie, I'll throw it up - still only taking up one spot. This time of year, the jackets are the worst. Last flight some jackass put is coat up there ... my roller went on top of it.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:09 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

"Ask" as a noun is fucking bullshit. 

drives me nuts. i realize two syllables are so damn hard, but nothing wrong with "request." every meeting at my old shop was "do you have any asks?" I always wanted to say, "yes. grammar lessons for the group please."

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I agree with both of you. I hate the pricks that throw two bags up, but if I'm just carrying the laptop bag, and I'm in for the bad movie, I'll throw it up - still only taking up one spot. This time of year, the jackets are the worst. Last flight some jackass put is coat up there ... my roller went on top of it.

Once on a flight to Boston I was seated early on a full flight, some jackass across from me had stuffed his big parka and another jacket in the overhead.  Another guy with a carry-on stopped at his seat, opened the overhead door and promptly pulled that shit out and threw it in the aisle.  I vacillated between laughing and cheering.  Strangely enough nobody said shit.  Jackass just picked up his stuff and held it.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Once on a flight to Boston I was seated early on a full flight, some jackass across from me had stuffed his big parka and another jacket in the overhead.  Another guy with a carry-on stopped at his seat, opened the overhead door and promptly pulled that shit out and threw it in the aisle.  I vacillated between laughing and cheering.  Strangely enough nobody said shit.  Jackass just picked up his stuff and held it.

I've always wanted to see that. For some reason - I think it reflects the city - BOS has the worst travelers (the incident I referenced was to BOS). And nowhere else do so many group 5-8 people stand and block 20 minutes before the gate opens. F/As do not have to do much ... I wish they would do a better job policing that crap. I'm sure I've been That Guy on occasion but man there are a bunch of idiots on planes.

43 minutes ago, Kyle said:

drives me nuts. i realize two syllables are so damn hard, but nothing wrong with "request." every meeting at my old shop was "do you have any asks?" I always wanted to say, "yes. grammar lessons for the group please."

I will cut off a testicle if I ever use "ask" as a noun like that. Fucking California corporatespeak.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Throwing it on the floor was a total dick move. The proper response was, hey not to be a dick, but the over head is for baggage, do mind if I move your stuff over or can you put it somewhere else please.  Or just let the flight attendant handle it, cause that's their, you know, job.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Throwing it on the floor was a total dick move. The proper response was, hey not to be a dick, but the over head is for baggage, do mind if I move your stuff over or can you put it somewhere else please.  Or just let the flight attendant handle it, cause that's their, you know, job.

Yeah I agree it was a dick move, but it was funny and I was surprised fisticuffs didn't result.

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yeah I agree it was a dick move, but it was funny and I was surprised fisticuffs didn't result.

Oh yeah I'm laughing if that happens, quietly and to myself.. but I'm laughing..  I can't believe there wasn't a scene.  

(I'm not claiming any moral high ground) 

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Seriously ... I'm generally non-confrontational and take the passive aggressive approach. If someone leans back into me, I do not say anything but flip boogers in their hair all flight. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

When you can't find an appropriate difficulty level on a sports video game. One level you're running for 400 yards and winning 49-7, the next level you're lucky to score 14 and win by 1. I don't want to play around with the sliders but I guess that's all I got.

Great one. I also want the stats to be reasonable. I don’t want myself or the CPU to throw for 650 and run for 12.

19 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I’m not sure if this one is on me or not but one thing that makes me surly is when you are trying to coordinate with someone or get a call scheduled, the person says “my calendar is up to date”. 

Yes, I imagine it is, if you have any degree of organization, but what it means is basically “I’m too lazy to give you any open windows of times/dates for you to choose from so go open up a shared calendar and wait for it to load and do the leg work for me thnx”

It’s especially annoying when the person is wide open. And they are the one requesting the meeting. 😐

Eh...yeah, that’s me. I’m busy enough for a pretty full calendar but not important enough for a full time admin.

Sorry.

Freezing my ass off at the gas pump this morning:

Pick up pump and insert my CC

Debit or Credit?

Zip Code?

Receipt?

Do you want a car wash?

How about some overpriced fuel additives?

Are you sure?

Do you love this shit?

Are you high right now?

Do you ever get nervous?

Are you single?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Debit or Credit?

Zip Code?

Receipt?

Do you want a car wash?

Are you sure?

Do you love this shit?

Are you high right now?

Do you ever get nervous?

Are you single?

Not feeling that love from my gas pumps. Yer special brah.

My office has two floors, each with a men's room and a ladies.  For the last 5 years, the cleaning person was female so once or twice a day she'd clean the bathrooms.  This meant that every once in a while I'd find my floor's restroom closed while the woman was inside cleaning.  This meant I had to suffer the inconvenience of going down a flight of stairs are waiting 10 or 15 minutes.  Cleaning person recently changed to a man now the ladies' room is briefly closed for cleaning once or twice a day.  This apparently set off a firestorm of complaints from unnamed chicks because inconvenience to them.

I want to find these people and hit them over their heads with a vodka bottle.

• Like 1

My office has two floors, each with a men's room and a ladies.  For the last 5 years, the cleaning person was female so once or twice a day she'd clean the bathrooms.  This meant that every once in a while I'd find my floor's restroom closed while the woman was inside cleaning.  This meant I had to suffer the inconvenience of going down a flight of stairs are waiting 10 or 15 minutes.  Cleaning person recently changed to a man now the ladies' room is briefly closed for cleaning once or twice a day.  This apparently set off a firestorm of complaints from unnamed chicks because inconvenience to them.
I want to find these people and hit them over their heads with a vodka bottle.
Was the cleaning woman pretty hot?

On 2/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

When you can't find an appropriate difficulty level on a sports video game. One level you're running for 400 yards and winning 49-7, the next level you're lucky to score 14 and win by 1. I don't want to play around with the sliders but I guess that's all I got.

but isn't this where you want it? an even difficulty level. it's makes you a better player to get a challenge, makes you feel better when you do win. 

4 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

Debit or Credit?

Zip Code?

Receipt?

Do you want a car wash?

Are you sure?

Do you love this shit?

Are you high right now?

Do you ever get nervous?

Are you single?

costco pumps ask me if i want to use the card i just swiped to pay for my gas. 

On 2/7/2019 at 12:02 PM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I’m not sure if this one is on me or not but one thing that makes me surly is when you are trying to coordinate with someone or get a call scheduled, the person says “my calendar is up to date”. 

Yes, I imagine it is, if you have any degree of organization, but what it means is basically “I’m too lazy to give you any open windows of times/dates for you to choose from so go open up a shared calendar and wait for it to load and do the leg work for me thnx”

It’s especially annoying when the person is wide open. And they are the one requesting the meeting. 😐

If a coworker want to meet to discuss something, they can take the 5 seconds to type my name in outlook and then look for available time for both of us.  That’s what outlook calendars are for.  Now if it’s someone outside the organization then I need to throw a few times at them.