Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Had Church’s in SA back in November, was pretty disappointed with it, nothing like I remember.  The pieces were small and for having just opened up for business, chicken wasn’t all that hot.  Although I do like their biscuits, I miss the rolls they served back in my working days for them.  Always made for great little wing sandwiches, breast or thighs also. 

Church’s sells a 10 piece spicy dark for $10. I regularly grab 2 of those and bring them to the tailgate. Sure, that’s partly because the boy can eat 10 pieces on his own, but still. They’re big enough pieces and pretty tasty.
But we still love Popeyes.

Also, just read an article that reminded me that I hate the term “shooting spree.” It makes it sound like something fun.
“Last weekend was great! I just got my year-end bonus, so I went on a shopping spree! And, I remembered that I’m a total psychopath with social adjustment issues, so on my shopping spree I picked up a coupla Glocks and went on a shooting spree! SO MUCH FUN!”

This has been mentoined on another thread, but in regards to Bill Miller
Their BBQ may be average (would probably be top 1% in any other state)

but their breakfast is on fucking point. Best breakfast tacos. period. 

I have espoused this opinion here before. Their breakfast tacos are the best in town no doubt.

I have never been in a Popeye's that wasn't dirty AF. The food is not bad but they are gross. Chick-Fil-A has been universally clean in my experience.
I've also never been to a Chick-fil-A where the Manager yelled at one of the cashiers in front of me and also threw a fit when I asked if they could change something on the order I had literally placed two seconds before. I have experienced both of those in a Popeye's.

shopping for new induction cooktop for the kitchen and.... literally every single one of these thing (outside of a 5000$ prosumer Miele unit) only have touch-interface.  i mean.... come the fuck on.  can i get a damn analog knob to control the stove, please?

15 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Here's a hearty "fuck you" to whoever came up with the idea for "continuing education" at work. Now I have to go to some bullshit class instead of doing my job. I know many people like this shit, as it allows them to slack off but I actually have work to do. 

99% of "corporate assistance" makes me think of the Ralph Wiggum "I'm Helping!" line. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

99% of "corporate assistance" makes me think of the Ralph Wiggum "I'm Helping!" line. 

It's worse than you think, as I work for the state. The only reason we have this shit is because someone out there had to come up with a reason for their job to exist. Fuck that guy/gal. 

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

shopping for new induction cooktop for the kitchen and.... literally every single one of these thing (outside of a 5000$ prosumer Miele unit) only have touch-interface.  i mean.... come the fuck on.  can i get a damn analog knob to control the stove, please?

And you lose a lot of storage space below those indiction cook tops. Not a fan.

right in the center of driveway.
Hey motherfucker..we have to park before we retrieve our trashcans.  
Also: leaving them off the curb in the street. 1) it narrows the street by 4-6 feet if done on both sides and 2) put the sumbeech back where you found it, ya idgit.

Or just throwing the cans down in general. I have had to repair my cans twice in the last two months because the wheels broke off. Hey trash guys, no end of year tip for you!!!!

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Huge holes in ear lobes make me a bit ragey.

They don't bother me, but I DO wonder WTF when I see them.

It's their own business, but damn... if Starbucks or Gamestop  ever stop hiring, they're kinda fucked for (legal) job prospects.

Having to remove the battery on my car to have enough room to get to the housing to replace a headlight because Honda put the driver's side headlight in a space that only an elf could stick his hand in. The passenger side headlight area is nice and open, very easy to just pop the light out of the housing on that side. Now I have to reset the clock and radio presets.

Having to remove the battery on my car to have enough room to get to the housing to replace a headlight because Honda put the driver's side headlight in a space that only an elf could stick his hand in. The passenger side headlight area is nice and open, very easy to just pop the light out of the housing on that side. Now I have to reset the clock and radio presets.
I've had to remove wheels from cars in order to replace headlights before. It's ridiculous.

57 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I don't care for tattoos, but generally don't mind them much.  The main exception to this is when the server at a restaurant has sleeves and hand tattoos to the extent that their hands and arms look dirty.  Makes the experience much less pleasant.

It's reached an interesting tipping point in Austin where if you stare at them, you're an asshole but if you completely ignore them because you're desensitized to them...the bearer of the ink is bummed out you didn't acknowledge them.  Coming from a Navy family, tattoos meant you had seen some shit in corners of the world not mentioned outside of certain publications.  Now, your 37 works of ink just mean you have some images saved up in your insta account and a car that can make it to a South Austin strip mall and back.  I ain't asking 'cause I ain't interested, I ain't judging 'cause I don't care, and tribal isn't a thing when you're from the West side of Houston.  I do enjoy the way you make an Old Fashioned though and irony is best left to those who roamed the Earth a time or two my friend.  But I never gave a shit about earrings, clothing, accents, or hair color.  I tip graciously so long as your need for validation don't jump my need for a cocktail in the next 20 minutes.  Skip the fair trade bullshit and the story behind the shoulder art, and bring daddy his medicine.

9 minutes ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I've had to remove wheels from cars in order to replace headlights before. It's ridiculous.

You had to replace a $600 sensor connected to the odometer on my 5 series BMW to replace a bad high beam switch.  And, a dealer has to replace it to re calibrate the odometer which costs $600 in labor in addition to the part that should be a $25 plug and play high beam switch.  Made me pissed enough to not buy another BMW since then.

9 hours ago, Sandman said:

Here's a hearty "fuck you" to whoever came up with the idea for "continuing education" at work. Now I have to go to some bullshit class instead of doing my job. I know many people like this shit, as it allows them to slack off but I actually have work to do. 

Ill raise you: continuing education in the education field.    Taught by former teachers that burnt out.   It's great when you walk in and get a 20 page packet of PowerPoint slides.   

• Like 1

You had to replace a $600 sensor connected to the odometer on my 5 series BMW to replace a bad high beam switch.  And, a dealer has to replace it to re calibrate the odometer which costs $600 in labor in addition to the part that should be a $25 plug and play high beam switch.  Made me pissed enough to not buy another BMW since then.
Yeah I shouldn't complain. My Infiniti was actually surprisingly easy to work on. I disassembled and reassembled the entire front end suspension in my garage over a weekend with nothing but hand tools and an impact.
  • Like 1

Tats are fine as long as you don't get your significant other's name tatted on you. It's funny how many have their ex's name tatted on them.

My niece is pregnant with her third kid by her third baby daddy. She thought she lost the kid after only a few weeks so she ran out and got another shitty tattoo. This dumb mother fucker now has another jail house tat done by some dumbass in their living room memorializing a kid she hasn’t lost. I keep waiting on the “I have hep” announcement, but it hasn’t come yet.