Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, Felix said:

I go even farther.  I tell them I will gladly let them leave them on for 1-3 years if hey will take $1000-$3000 off the price.  I call it my fee to market their dealership.

You're nice to them.  I tell them $100.00 per month for the entire time I own the vehicle.

I'm more pissed at him for being over the age of 8 and having a scooter (at least that's what it looks like).
So I found myself behind Tactical Backpack again this morning, and not having any urgent rush to get into the office, I decided to follow him to see where he works and to learn whatever else I could about the habits and rituals of such a strange creature.

He carried the scooter from Ogilvie Station all the way to Wabash and Monroe before eventually unfolding it and scooting off (map of walking route attached, along with a slightly better picture of his bag of bags.)

He had ample opportunity and clear enough sidewalks/streets to get it out much sooner, but he waited all that time.

Perhaps I spooked him. And maybe he's posting on a Zombie Prepper forum at this very moment about the stunningly handsome shithead who followed him this morning.1a026f3255abb3b13c9e4dd17c579afb.jpg6b5898f24fb908e6e84e4cb66033dd26.jpg
  • Like 3

Why is it that every fucking time I need to unlock the door to get in the house my keys are in the same pocket as whatever hand is carrying all the shit I’m bringing in from the car?

I’m forced to do the awkward opposite hand cross body pocket dig.

It makes it all better when my wife is sitting on the couch fifteen feet away from the door.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

So I found myself behind Tactical Backpack again this morning, and not having any urgent rush to get into the office, I decided to follow him to see where he works and to learn whatever else I could about the habits and rituals of such a strange creature.

He carried the scooter from Ogilvie Station all the way to Wabash and Monroe before eventually unfolding it and scooting off (map of walking route attached, along with a slightly better picture of his bag of bags.)

He had ample opportunity and clear enough sidewalks/streets to get it out much sooner, but he waited all that time.

Perhaps I spooked him. And maybe he's posting on a Zombie Prepper forum at this very moment about the stunningly handsome shithead who followed him this morning.1a026f3255abb3b13c9e4dd17c579afb.jpg6b5898f24fb908e6e84e4cb66033dd26.jpg

You're giving ROFLBOX a run for his money.

• Like 1

Stores that put trash cans out in front of their building but nowhere near the doors of the building.  I'm not walking through the wall of your store when I am entering and leaving.  I am walking through your doors.  If you want me to throw my trash in your trash cans put them by the doors.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:10 AM, TornACL said:

At the end of the car buying negotiation I always tell them my final condition / ask is that they remove all the marketing materials from the car. You'll always get the "oh we can't remove that, company policy, etc" and then I tell them that yes, I'm absolutely petty enough to walk away from this deal if they won't take that stupid decal off my car.  Plus, they always offer to wash it and fill up the tank anyway, while you're doing that, take that bullshit off.

And here I thought I was the only one. + rep 

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Stores that put trash cans out in front of their building but nowhere near the doors of the building.  I'm not walking through the wall of your store when I am entering and leaving.  I am walking through your doors.  If you want me to throw my trash in your trash cans put them by the doors.

assholes who litter

On 4/6/2019 at 1:57 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

How about license plate frames and stickers from the car dealership? Yeah, I fucking hate you guys so much, but I want to drive around displaying your advertisements...for free. 

I immediately remove those from my vehicles. 

On 4/9/2019 at 3:09 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Prepuce, you seem a little "disturbed" or obsessed.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Just saw a news story about an old couple that crashed their car into a store. The newscaster said “the driver mistook the brake for the gas pedal”. No you idiot, if that were true he would have stopped when he wanted to go. He mistook the gas pedal for the brake you moron.

I'd write a very strongly worded letter to the editor....

Fucking ebay sellers and their "Make an offer" bullshit. Guy priced his item at 55, I offered 40. He counters at 50 and says "Final price, no lower". Why even do the offer part? I'm not saying he should be forced to take my offer but if 5 bucks is all the margin you have, just stick with the "buy it now" and quit acting like you're doing me a favor. This other douche was at 75, I offered 60. He graciously countered with 72. WTF?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Fucking ebay sellers and their "Make an offer" bullshit. Guy priced his item at 55, I offered 40. He counters at 50 and says "Final price, no lower". Why even do the offer part? I'm not saying he should be forced to take my offer but if 5 bucks is all the margin you have, just stick with the "buy it now" and quit acting like you're doing me a favor. This other douche was at 75, I offered 60. He graciously countered with 72. WTF?

He's expecting you to continue the dance until you settle at 67 or somewhere in the middle. Not rocket science. 

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Yeah that's called negotiation friend. Stay strong. 

At home with a sick kid today.  School has been a beating lately, so I'm counting it as a day off.  Cool.  Time to sleep in.  Nope.

7:45 - Wife calls.  She left her phone at home.  Call her on this number if need be.

8:01 - Parent of one of my students texts three times to let me know she's sorry her kid hit another kid yesterday.

8:08 - Some robocall re: yearly insurance signups are coming up.

Oh well, at least I got the yard done.  Don't have to worry about it while in Austin for the Spring Game over the weekend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, former alkie said:

3 lane road, and car in right lane isn’t turning right on red.

Granted, it’s not a turn only lane, but still....

If it’s an old, it doesn’t really bother me as much, but typically, it’s just some poor

This kills me. Common fucking courtesy people.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, former alkie said:

3 lane road, and car in right lane isn’t turning right on red.

Granted, it’s not a turn only lane, but still....

If it’s an old, it doesn’t really bother me as much, but typically, it’s just some poor

What is worse is they sit there during the red and then turn right anyway when the light turns green.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I can't imagine being a teacher and giving your cell phone number to Mom's (unless they are hot).

How many "what was tonight's homework?" texts do you get in a week?

It's a poor school.  I'm generally quite ecstatic when I hear from a parent.  16 students.  I've met about 6 parents.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This kills me. Common fucking courtesy people.

This is stupid. It's never wrong to be in the appropriate lane for your course of action. You expecting other people to make multiple lane changes to accommodate the possibility that someone coming behind them might maybe want to turn right on red of the opportunity arises is the height of entitlement.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, Llogg said:

This is stupid. It's never wrong to be in the appropriate lane for your course of action. You expecting other people to make multiple lane changes to accommodate the possibility that someone coming behind them might maybe want to turn right on red of the opportunity arises is the height of entitlement.

Yes. I am entitled. Fuck you too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I can't imagine being a teacher and giving your cell phone number to Mom's (unless they are hot).

How many "what was tonight's homework?" texts do you get in a week?

Ten o clock last night, I ask some insignificant question to the wife about some insignificant shit my 3rd grader has coming up in school. Wife says "I'll text Mrs. ____." I'm like, what? its ten o clock at night.

Before I can even get the words out, the teacher has texted back.

Wtf.

12 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Ten o clock last night, I ask some insignificant question to the wife about some insignificant shit my 3rd grader has coming up in school. Wife says "I'll text Mrs. ____." I'm like, what? its ten o clock at night.

Before I can even get the words out, the teacher has texted back.

Wtf.

Any mention of “scissors” in the texts?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Morons who try to be nice and let someone else at a four way stop go when its their turn. Fucks everything all up.

Guilty as charged, but I’m slow as fuck getting across the intersection. However, I only wave them to go first if nobody else is at said intersection. Once I get going across the intersection, gtf out of my way because I like to drive 5-10 mph over the speed limit (except in residential areas).

2 hours ago, Llogg said:

the only time it applies is when there's no one in lane to the left of the one that turns right, and you're not going right immediately past the intersection.  if that is the situation, i move over into the vacant lane since i'm going straight and will continue to do so.  if you don't do that, you're an inconsiderate douchenozzle unaware that you share this earth with other people.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2019 at 7:49 PM, Jimbaround said:

Why is it that every fucking time I need to unlock the door to get in the house my keys are in the same pocket as whatever hand is carrying all the shit I’m bringing in from the car?

I’m forced to do the awkward opposite hand cross body pocket dig.

It makes it all better when my wife is sitting on the couch fifteen feet away from the door.

Side dominance thing I reckon. Same thing happens to me.

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Morons who try to be nice and let someone else at a four way stop go when its their turn. Fucks everything all up.

When I'm walking, and I've got my headphones on, and I'm in a rhythm, and I need to cross a street, but I'm waiting patiently to get the correct signal at a crosswalk, and some nutjob stops in spite of his green light, and waves at me to go ahead and cross against the light.

Look, jackass, you're paying attention to me, and trying to be nice and all, but someday somebody is going to rear end your stupid ass because you're ignoring the rules. I didn't just learn to walk yesterday, I know what the fuck the crossing rules are, and I'd like to follow them, okay?