Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Panic buttons on car remotes.  Has anyone ever used one of these to save their own lives or the lives of others?  I always hit them by mistake, and on some cars, you need to put the key in the god damn ignition to get it to turn off.  
Great post and no. I don't always hit my panic button. But when I do...I can never find the button to shut it off

On 4/26/2019 at 5:36 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:
On 4/25/2019 at 4:34 PM, cabowabo said:
Panic buttons on car remotes.  Has anyone ever used one of these to save their own lives or the lives of others?  I always hit them by mistake, and on some cars, you need to put the key in the god damn ignition to get it to turn off.  

Great post and no. I don't always hit my panic button. But when I do...I can never find the button to shut it off

Me either.  The one for my truck is way too easy to set off - it’s happened at inopportune times digging them out of my pocket.  The worst was at the LCRA campground in Matagorda.  Got up at a quarter to five to get down the beach before sunrise and bam!  Blared like ten times before I got it shut off because it was dark.  

Hold the button down for 2cseconds turns it off.

I've rented a bunch of cars and haven't ran across the key in the ignition thing. What brand of car do they do this?

4 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Loading a fucking PEZ dispenser for my kid. Used to be able to tear the wrapper down the side and slide all of them in at once. Now the wrappers have changed to shitty paper that won’t cleanly tear open so you have to load each piece of candy individually.

FML called they need this story pronto !!!

On 4/25/2019 at 11:34 PM, cabowabo said:

It's a decent prank to play on acquaintances/strangers when they walk by your car (and the panic alarm is loud)

The other useful function is it helps you track your car in a big parking lot

Live where burning brush is allowed. Storm came through late last night so decided to Cut down some trees today and burn them.

My pile was literally in mud and standing water that can be seen from the street. Only had flames taller than me a couple times when I’d put a branch with a lot of leaves. Apparently someone called the FD on me.

Hate that they had to waste their time coming to something that was 100% in control and legal. b4431e46140358a500fbdb8eba3aa3ca.jpg

When I send you an email, you don't have to address me using the same damn greeting every time. I can't tell you how many times I will email someone I'm trying or currently doing business with and they begin every email with "Hi Mike!". Yeah, I know my name and I know you're talking to me. Who is teaching these people to communicate like that?

2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

When I send you an email, you don't have to address me using the same damn greeting every time. I can't tell you how many times I will email someone I'm trying or currently doing business with and they begin every email with "Hi Mike!". Yeah, I know my name and I know you're talking to me. Who is teaching these people to communicate like that?

My dad puts 'Dad' at the end of any email he sends to me. Yeah, I know who you are by now, dad.

Rage but I don't think we have that thread: traded seats at the gate so a family could sit together. Moved me one row forward. I was ok with it because it's a window seat. Get on the plane and I see this:
4311eba62e1f4d550845f7fd52d64bae.jpg

I am definitely reclining.

Asking me to trade my aisle seat for a middle seat on a long flight so a family, or worse, a couple, can sit together. I'll trade an aisle for an aisle or even an aisle for a window seat to help out, but don't ask people to go to a middle seat because you didn't plan better, or found cheap flights knowing you were going to try to shame folks to accommodate you.
  • Like 1

The ambiguous logo design of the mute button on phone and telephony software (e.g. Skype) means I'm never more than 60% certain whether I'm muted or not.

The logo is usually of a mic.  So do I press the button to turn the mic on, or do I press it to mute the mic?  On Skype I think, the fucking mic button turns RED when muted.  Almost universally in the audio/video world, red means recording/hot/live.

Fuck man, it's software, just make the button literally say "mic on" or "mic off" or something

• Like 1

The ambiguous logo design of the mute button on phone and telephony software (e.g. Skype) means I'm never more than 60% certain whether I'm muted or not.

The logo is usually of a mic.  So do I press the button to turn the mic on, or do I press it to mute the mic?  On Skype I think, the fucking mic button turns RED when muted.  Almost universally in the audio/video world, red means recording/hot/live.

Fuck man, it's software, just make the button literally say "mic on" or "mic off" or something

Dad?
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, elfenix said:

Rage but I don't think we have that thread: traded seats at the gate so a family could sit together. Moved me one row forward. I was ok with it because it's a window seat. Get on the plane and I see this:

4311eba62e1f4d550845f7fd52d64bae.jpg

I am definitely reclining.

That's not a window.  Just saying.

Yup. I’ve been on a couple of calls where either I or someone else has muted the call and then accidentally hung up instead of turning off the mute because both buttons look the same and are right next to each other.

Someone may have already posted this, but it's deserving of multiple posts...

Getting a new phone.  More precisely, trying to update the new phone with the old phone's stuff.  Fuck Apple.  Fuck them with a 10 fucking foot pole and no lube.  This is the most ridiculous crap ever.  I miss the old "smart" phones where we removed the card from the old phone, put it in the new phone, and were done.  

• Like 4

It only really affects me when it is my neighbors, but I cannot stand seeing someone's house in complete shambles, with crap upon crap all over their yard.  I don't understand it.  I don't understand why someone chooses to live that way, and it should not affect my life in any way.  Serenity now.

• Like 2

Hi HRSchenker

Dont be a grumpy dick.

It only really affects me when it is my neighbors, but I cannot stand seeing someone's house in complete shambles, with crap upon crap all over their yard.  I don't understand it.  I don't understand why someone chooses to live that way, and it should not affect my life in any way.  Serenity now.
Maybe it's just me getting older but people who don't keep their yard manicured bugs the hell out of me. Grass high as hell. Weeds everywhere.
  • Like 1