Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Guest Lobo
8 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

Some acronyms said aloud annoy me.

Example: Car commercials that say "mpg highway."  Just say miles per gallon or fuel efficiency or something. I hate when they say mpg.

"SMH" is idiotic. I hate that crap.

They do that to save time during the broadcast.  Same reason they say APR real fast during the financing information.  

People over 15 truncating full words in face to face conversation, now that is totes annoying for realz. 

26 minutes ago, Lobo said:

They do that to save time during the broadcast.  Same reason they say APR real fast during the financing information.  

People over 15 truncating full words in face to face conversation, now that is totes annoying for realz. 

I'd have to hear the deets on that convo.

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

I know why they do it. Still hate it. 

6 hours ago, happyfunball said:

On airplanes when people get up to let you out but don’t walk any distance away so you have to brush up against them to exit.

I have a friend with big tits. She brushes by people on the plane with her tits just to get a reaction.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2019 at 8:42 AM, Dbeasy said:

Don’t know if this has been mentioned or not, but I see rage every single time when I do a google search for the start time of a sporting event. They never put the time zone of the start time, forcing you to continue searching until you can somehow find that one web site that shows it, or you can triangulate between web sites that seem to cater to the different time zones. Drives me insane.

You don't check the TV listings in your newspaper?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, happyfunball said:

On airplanes when people get up to let you out but don’t walk any distance away so you have to brush up against them to exit.

11 hours ago, mycox said:

I have a friend with big tits. She brushes by people on the plane with her tits just to get a reaction.

which is exactly why i get up to let people out but dont walk any distance away.

The royal family. Who gives a single solitary fuck about these people, and more incredibly why do people care that they are able to procreate and choose a name for their rugrat, just like the other 7 billion people on earth manage to do. A few more limo crashes wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. 

• Like 7

On 5/6/2019 at 11:33 PM, BearMace said:

How bad are you fuckers at golf that you get irritated by people having the gall to read greens and actually try to make their puts? Like at what level of suck does your give a fuck level drop to just walking up giving it a whack?

Badass over here. 

Actual, professional golfers routinely get irritated at other pros for taking too long pre-shot or holding up play, and every shot those guys hit is worth potentially thousands of dollars. 

So I think no matter what level you are playing at/with, it's 100% justifiable to get annoyed with someone that acts like they are playing Saturday at the US Open.

It's a game. 

5 hours ago, Blotto said:

The royal family. Who gives a single solitary fuck about these people, and more incredibly why do people care that they are able to procreate and choose a name for their rugrat, just like the other 7 billion people on earth manage to do. A few more limo crashes wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. 

I especially like the accompanying graphics that imply Prince Charles sired Harry. Giggity

Badass over here. 
Actual, professional golfers routinely get irritated at other pros for taking too long pre-shot or holding up play, and every shot those guys hit is worth potentially thousands of dollars. 
So I think no matter what level you are playing at/with, it's 100% justifiable to get annoyed with someone that acts like they are playing Saturday at the US Open.
It's a game. 

Yeah, and it’s part of the game as well. I like to get the “Well, we’re waiting” from my partner, that tells me everything I need to know.

Now, if you can’t/don’t keep up with the group in front of you.....rage on my friend.

On my flight just now

Attendant: we need 1 volunteer from rows 4-7 to move to the back for weight balance.

She asked this 4 or 5 times saying the flight isnt moving until someone moves

Finally the pilot had to get on and say it. 1 dude finally got up and received a brooklyn cheer. Hate people.

Fyi I was row 11

44 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

If it's a worse seat, I ain't moving.  They'll have to bring cops on and beat my ass.  

why? the difference in seats on a plan is fucking marginal. flying kind of sucks no matter what, so put on your headphones and/or eye pillow mask and try to sleep until you land.

2 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Uh no, it's not marginal at all.  Maybe for the manlets.  Any of us over six feet fucking tall and flying is miserable.  I'm not getting stuck in a middle seat for four hours to JFK.  Or god forbid on an international flight.

6'2" and not a whiny bitch checking in. suck it up.

12 minutes ago, Llogg said:

why? the difference in seats on a plan is fucking marginal. flying kind of sucks no matter what, so put on your headphones and/or eye pillow mask and try to sleep until you land.

This is incorrect.

If it were true, move the cows from first class to the back.  See how it goes.

No fucking way am i volunteering to sit in a middle seat.  6'2, 240#, I pick the aisle any time I have a choice and the middle is NEVER if I have a choice.

14 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Our man is trying to get paid and I don't blame him.  I'll let the cops whoop my ass for a couple of million bucks.

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

They'll have to bring cops on and beat my ass.  

• Like 2

If it's a worse seat, I ain't moving.  They'll have to bring cops on and beat my ass.  

It was an Express jet...one side had 1 seat and the other had 2. There wasn't a good seat in the house rather than having to get off the plane ASAP which I doubt none had to do

And it was an hr flight from Louisville to Ohare

2 hours ago, slorch said:

This is incorrect.

No fucking way am i volunteering to sit in a middle seat.  6'2, 240#, I pick the aisle any time I have a choice and the middle is NEVER if I have a choice.

This is correct. I'm 6'2 235 lbs with broad shoulders. Aisle seat only for me. I can't fit in the middle or window seats. 

3 hours ago, slorch said:

This is incorrect.

Slorch

Buddy.  No shaming intended, but, for your health, you might consider shedding a few.  I know, I carry too much extra myself, and giving up shit is not in my DNA.

"hey can you take lunch late we're having cake at 2 for so and so's birthday and you're usually still out at lunch then"
2 rolls by
"so and so has to be on a conference call that got rescheduled this morning so cake is going to be a bit late"

still sitting here, not having eaten lunch and not having gotten any cake

20 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

Seems rather specific, and non trivial.

It WAS trivial. I just hate dealing with people who hate their jobs. They suck the life out of everyone they come in contact with. I've had occasion to call the CA DOI many times over the years and gotten that prick TWICE in probably the last 6 months. Just a sad sack of depressing humanity trying to spread his own misery.

52 minutes ago, elfenix said:

"hey can you take lunch late we're having cake at 2 for so and so's birthday and you're usually still out at lunch then"
2 rolls by
"so and so has to be on a conference call that got rescheduled this morning so cake is going to be a bit late"

still sitting here, not having eaten lunch and not having gotten any cake

41 minutes ago, elfenix said:

so and so's lunch came while she was on the conference call and so now so and so is eating lunch rather than all of us eating cake.  motherfucker!

So a usual day finds you still at lunch at 2 PM, and that's not considered a late lunch? And currently there's a bunch of you sitting around midday waiting to eat cake, but you cant even accomplish that because the birthday girl is now eating her lunch? What kind of monkeyfuck company do you work for?