Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

15 hours ago, Llogg said:

Elevator buttons that just have a little light shining around the rim. Motherfucker light that shit up like a Griswold Christmas so I don't have to squint to tell if it registered my floor!

Just hit all of them.

You’ll get there eventually. 

Websites that don't let you override their geographic routing.

My work's internet connection is routed through one country, and i'm often traveling to another.  Some websites will just fucking stick to that local variant and language, and don't allow or will ignore your trying to redirect it to the .COM or .com/en-us or whathaveyou

5 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

It bothers me when it is almost 70 degreed outside and there are still people out there dressed like it's 40 because it was 40 like 5 hours ago.  

Or when they are bundled up like an eskimo from the waist up, but are wearing running shorts and sneakers. Wtf?

7 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

It bothers me when it is almost 70 degreed outside and there are still people out there dressed like it's 40 because it was 40 like 5 hours ago.  

Houston people: OMG!!! It's 50 degrees outside.  Let's make it fucking 90 inside...

19 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, immortal13 said:
Or when they are bundled up like an eskimo from the waist up, but are wearing running shorts and sneakers. Wtf?

I wear long sleeves and shorts in the spring time. Lower body doesn't get as cold as upper body. But it's not a huge ass sweater or hoody though.

I'm talking about dead of the winter 30 degree type shit. I see these people and I just want to bitch slap them

The dad in Illinois who, after his son told him he wanted to spend his Christmas money on the homeless, called the local tv station and had a crew record their every movement that day from writing out a list, going to the bank to cash out Jr’s savings account, hitting up the Walmart, then delivering the goods. Selfless acts are much better when you don’t do a self promoting story about it. 

Oh this is a good one, not only homeless but veterans and puppies/shelters. 

I've got mixed feelings about this. My ex wife runs a government funded veteran's affairs agency and while in reality she has done tremendous work and helped thousands get much needed assistance it's pretty obvious by her social media presence that a significant amount of her attention whoring is to stroke her own ego. Maybe I notice it because I was married to her and see it for what is, a cry for validation. She's a mean vindictive witch to close family members but public perception puts her up there with mother Teresa.

My daughter is a former Miss Tennessee and her mom served as publicist. They went on a statewide campaign to bring awareness to veterans affairs but the minute she didn't win Miss America it was all crickets- they let her website lapse, no more social media campaigns, etc. I pointed out that duh, everyone loves puppies, children, cancer patients, the environment, and veterans when they serve a purpose, but real commitment is when you lose a pageant and keep investing your time for the cause. Tone.

I just joined the executive board of a very established, respected nonprofit and can't wait to bust my butt for them in obscurity and relative anonymity.

5 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I'm here at the discount tire for new  tires , and there is like a line 5 deep to get air pressure checked.   Can't believe how many can't figure out how to do this themselves.   Sure it's free, but I can do it in like 5 minutes with a cheap inflator at home.

Back in Oct when we had that really strong cold front come through N. Texas and lows dipped down in the 20s, I passed by a Discount Tire on my way to work one morning and the line for the tire pressure check was spilling out in the street.  Couldn't believe how many people A). Were stupid/lazy enough to not check their own tire pressure and B). Didn't understand how cold temperatures effect air pressure.  I bet they got into their cars that morning, put the key in the ignition, and their dash lit up like a Christmas tree with all the TPMS warnings and thought "zomg wat is happening!"

Maybe I should back track  and add a surly thought at the same time, because I just remembered something.  I was on a road trip and needed to air up a tire, the damn gas station charges  $1.50 to use their compressor.  Wtf.  Now I kind of understand waiting in line for 15 minutes at discount  tire.  

I'm here at the discount tire for new  tires , and there is like a line 5 deep to get air pressure checked.   Can't believe how many can't figure out how to do this themselves.   Sure it's free, but I can do it in like 5 minutes with a cheap inflator at home.
I had no idea this was a thing. A small, basic air compressor is like $100 and will last for years.

20 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Maybe I should back track  and add a surly thought at the same time, because I just remembered something.  I was on a road trip and needed to air up a tire, the damn gas station charges  $1.50 to use their compressor.  Wtf.  Now I kind of understand waiting in line for 15 minutes at discount  tire.  

To add to this, used to be that most would just start it for you for free when you asked. Now most of these compressors are credit card use and the guys inside have no control over it.

To add to this, used to be that most would just start it for you for free when you asked. Now most of these compressors are credit card use and the guys inside have no control over it.

Yep. I had the wife trained to hit such places regularly to check and air up her tires. But now, the machine is always broken, or it costs $3. And that doesn’t help when you’re somewhere remote and notice a low tire.

I bought her a nice portable $40 air compressor that runs off the vehicle power. You pick the pressure you want, and it fills till auto shutoff. It’s fool(wife)proof. She loves it, and has used it several times.

I can’t understand letting someone drive if they can’t pump their own gas, check and add oil, and check and air up and change their own tire. Those are the bare-minimums.

Yep. I had the wife trained to hit such places regularly to check and air up her tires. But now, the machine is always broken, or it costs $3. And that doesn’t help when you’re somewhere remote and notice a low tire.

I bought her a nice portable $40 air compressor that runs off the vehicle power. You pick the pressure you want, and it fills till auto shutoff. It’s fool(wife)proof. She loves it, and has used it several times.

I can’t understand letting someone drive if they can’t pump their own gas, check and add oil, and check and air up and change their own tire. Those are the bare-minimums.