6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Someone please tell me again, how a booster doing this for a high school recruit is NOT A VIOLATION?

Basically, all of the sites you see making commitment videos are doing it at no cost and for the publicity they receive from them. That goes from TexAgs to The Football Brainiacs. If someone actually fronts MONEY for the video to an outside company, that's different, but if you use your in-house staff to create it, then it's just marketing

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

One thing to call out here is that if you guys want to get serious about getting the aggie boosters masquerading as fan sites owners and admins investigated, the NCAA will listen to well-documented arguments regarding violations. You'd have to show proof that they're actual boosters who donate money to the school, and they're also providing benefits to recruits that give ATM an unfair recruiting advantage. If you wanted to pursue this correctly, consider taking it offline and organizing in some capacity. Tossing wistful missives out on a UT board brings nothing to the table though.

One person comes to mind that seems like they’d consider this a challenge, has the wherewithal, desire, and the time. Send up the Randolph Duke signal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 6FigsHandler said:

Basically, all of the sites you see making commitment videos are doing it at no cost and for the publicity they receive from them. That goes from TexAgs to The Football Brainiacs. If someone actually fronts MONEY for the video to an outside company, that's different, but if you use your in-house staff to create it, then it's just marketing

What about when said “site” is an actual branch of the university like Texags?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 6FigsHandler said:

How does that not fall under their impermissible (seriously asking): 

• Provide gifts or free or reduced-cost services to a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian.

If they had to pay for their own video production it would be more than "free".

I'd like to have these 5 stars be seen driving my Ford Trucks but pretty sure I can't let them do that and call it "marketing" for the dealership, no??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

How does that not fall under their impermissible (seriously asking): 

• Provide gifts or free or reduced-cost services to a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian.

If they had to pay for their own video production it would be more than "free".

I'd like to have these 5 stars be seen driving my Ford Trucks but pretty sure I can't let them do that and call it "marketing" for the dealership, no??

I'd say it's probably on par with someone like Netflix making their video around the Ohio State QB situation and Tate Martell (can't think of the name now). Basically media coverage, it seems, doesn't fall into these categories. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

As the CEO of The Other 98's parent company, FanReact, it’s important to clear up some things regarding Taylor Hamm's recent Facebook post. It’s been our intention from day 1 to have strong relationships with all A&M sites, including TexAgs, and I apologize to their staff for their name being brought into the fold. One of the pieces of information shared referenced how TexAgs "stole" FanReact's idea to create F5. This is unequivocally false - I had met with both Brandon and Logan in 2015 to talk about FanReact as a white-label tool for their mobile solution. However, earlier that year, TexAgs had already launched their F5 white-label solution (not to mention Brandon operating fan forums since the late 90's). Moving forward, we will continue build strong relationship with not just TexAgs but all A&M fan sites. The Aggie Network is not just for Former Students as individuals to take seriously, but also Aggie owned businesses, and we intend to treat each other with civility and respect.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Bag hag Karen is  going scorched earth on Hamm over on the other98

Saying she has texts & DMs from Hamm, she would not elaborate what was said, other than him spreading lies about her.

Its a shit show.

Starting to wonder if she wasn’t some factor that resulted in Jimbo having to whore himself out to the agroids.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Saying she has texts & DMs from Hamm, she would not elaborate what was said, other than him spreading lies about her.

Its a shit show.

AWsu5ew.gif?noredirect

Edited by BornAndRaised
Nevermind, thought there was a paywall

19 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Should start a gofundme page for Hammster where if a certain level is met he will then dish out all the goods on Aggy and the various boosters/trainers etc.

Prolly just get matched/trumped. But take  him to splash town........

Edited by Wishbone

Why do all the aggy sites have to meet with each other to coordinate their coverage? Wtf is that about? I've never heard about 247 sitting down with tfb and bo to coordinate. The aggy sites are all a bunch of retarded drama queens and no doubt engage in impermissible ncaa activities. 

• Like 2

Why do all the aggy sites have to meet with each other to coordinate their coverage? Wtf is that about? I've never heard about 247 sitting down with tfb and bo to coordinate. The aggy sites are all a bunch of retarded drama queens and no doubt engage in impermissible ncaa activities. 
I assume because texags rules the town and is so tight with the athletic Dept they realized they couldn't compete or break that up

2 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Its a shit show.

Hamm, the entire network has denounced you...   first the wedding ring & now the aggy ring.

Make them  pay smurf man, make them pay.

be498837aa5f45d6afd8b5e8d3478116--bash-f

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 6FigsHandler said:

I'd say it's probably on par with someone like Netflix making their video around the Ohio State QB situation and Tate Martell (can't think of the name now). Basically media coverage, it seems, doesn't fall into these categories. 

Umm, “someone” like Netflix? What the fuck are you talking about? Netflix distributes films and documentaries created by outside production companies as well as creating in house content, and they pay a shitload for it. The reason? it costs money to produce content. Furthermore, Netflix is not owned and operated by aggy boosters. Taylor Hamm talked about Hornsby sitting in on fucking storyboard sessions. That is a fucking service, and Hornsby is getting a benefit from it. And no, you are not a “media company” just because you say you are. If that’s the case, then Surly is a media company and we are all writers and reporters. 

The reality is, booster owned businesses “donating” the service of conceptualizing, filming, editing, post-producing, color correcting, sound mixing, mastering and uploading videos for high school football players is not some sort of gray area. It is a violation, plain and simple. It is no different than “donating” transportation, or your expertise with test taking, or maybe you want to “donate” your chef skills and in-house pantry to a coveted recruit and provide them with a 4 course meal? Being a media company, that would all be totally cool, right?

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Umm, “someone” like Netflix? What the fuck are you talking about? Netflix distributes films and documentaries created by outside production companies as well as creating in house content, and they pay a shitload for it. The reason? it costs money to produce content. Furthermore, Netflix is not owned and operated by aggy boosters. Taylor Hamm talked about Hornsby sitting in on fucking storyboard sessions. That is a fucking service, and Hornsby is getting a benefit from it. And no, you are not a “media company” just because you say you are. If that’s the case, then Surly is a media company and we are all writers and reporters. 

The reality is, booster owned businesses “donating” the service of conceptualizing, filming, editing, post-producing, color correcting, sound mixing, mastering and uploading videos for high school football players is not some sort of gray area. It is a violation, plain and simple. It is no different than “donating” transportation, or your expertise with test taking, or maybe you want to “donate” your chef skills and in-house pantry to a coveted recruit and provide them with a 4 course meal? Being a media company, that would all be totally cool, right?

I always maintain that we should have said FUCK THE NCAA and shown whatever content we wanted on the LHN, including, but most especially, HS football games featuring our recruiting targets. We still should.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Vertigo said:

How can this not be throwing off red flags left and right? What the fuck does this woman do all day for her supposed job, and how is she getting "another meeting" DURING FOOTBALL SEASON. What is she even meeting about, and why would anyone from Bright give a shit about an old lady from Florida? This is hilarious how blatant it all is. 

Edit: Damnit CTJ, let me have my wistful missives!

Looking over her twitter, she also tags TexAgs and Kidz1stFund in one of the tweets about the meeting. I am going to assume up front at face value that Kidz1stFund is Candi Fisher, or someone who runs the account for the Fishers according to the  account's bio:

"Established by Coach Jimbo Fisher & Candi Fisher after their son was diagnosed with Fanconi anemia. Kidz1stFund raises awareness & funds for FA research."

I guess it's also possible BagMaw runs the account if she's involved with the Fund, but a quick scan over her bio and feed doesn't really suggest that she's too concerned with Kidz 1st Fund.

In one of BagMaw's food pictures from the "meeting", you see part of a woman, and it's probably not BagMaw herself. The hair is of the darker persuasion, and googling Candi Fisher I only see her hair is blonde. Has she changed hair color? Dunno. Could be a friend of her's or BagMaw's.

I guess it's possible the meeting was about some TexAgs/Kidz 1st Fund joint venture. 

With the sensitivity of the subject matter behind Kidz 1st Fund, I don't wanna say, but can't help but speculate if there's an alternative/dual purpose for it's existence, and TexAgs' connection for at least one "meeting".

PS: Can we just print out the juicy parts of this thread involving Hamm and BagMaw beef and send it to all of the recruits? Who would wanna go be around that mess?

Edited by UncleBuck

Just now, Orange&White said:

I just assumed MeeMaw's meeting at Bright was the weekly meeting with John Sharp and all of the aggie $9.95ers/Twitterers/etc where he provides the speaking points for the week. Gotta keep everything in lockstep, you know.

"Now Karen, what we need you to do this week on twitter is say that Tua likes cats. Go on now, go out into the twitter and accomplish this task."

• Like 2