Fire Chris Ash

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

9-3 is a tall order when OU and LSU will be likely losses.

I agree but 9-3 was actually within reach this year with even just mediocre coaching.  I think with some changes that are happening mediocre is feasible next year.  Unfortunately I think mediocrity will be our ceiling as long as herman is here.

• Like 1

This would have me hard

FD-03520I-Tackling-Fundamentals-Drills-f

but he also wrote this book

FD-05124A-How-to-Build-a-Championship-Cu

From rumors we know he built anything but a culture of winning. Sounds like everything was divisive.

We will see if this works. It can't be any worse than what Orlando was teaching but I am not sold on Ash. I would have preferred Odom.

Edited by DanTheHorn

15 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Exactly! With 4 or 5 games left and still a chance to get to the Big12 CCG we could have fired Orlando then and gotten a test drive with Ash to see what we might get.  I was an advocate of this but a lot of posters thought that it would be absurd to do that since Herman wouldn't make someone like Ash the DC for next year anyway once the offseason came and other options would be available

Welp, here we are in the offseason and despite other options Ash is now our DC.  Except doing it this way now means the test drive will be the start of a whole new season to potentially throw away if he's a bust.

Mack had more balls firing Diaz midseason than Herman, and that's saying something.

Didn't Mack fire Diaz to keep Akina from killing him on the sidelines? 

There’s 3 camps not 2, and the third camp is devoid of the blowhards who don’t know anything about whether Ash is good but complain anyway, and the Herman ass kissers who can’t face the reality that there are problems. Camp 3 is the best camp, with many stable geniuses (no cloakroom).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I agree but 9-3 was actually within reach this year with even just mediocre coaching.  I think with some changes that are happening mediocre is feasible next year.  Unfortunately I think mediocrity will be our ceiling as long as herman is here.

Yup. Herman has a history of dropping at least 2 easy games a year going back to his UH days - so take two of Ok State, WV, TCU, Iowa State, and KSU and you have 8-4 next year with 9-3 as your ceiling.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There’s 3 camps not 2, and the third camp is devoid of the blowhards who don’t know anything about whether Ash is good but complain anyway, and the Herman ass kissers who can’t face the reality that there are problems. Camp 3 is the best camp, with many stable geniuses (no cloakroom).

Two camps. You’re in Camp Herman. Make sure you have your tent grounded in cement, because the winds blow hard through that neck of the woods. 

It’s quite serene and sunny over here in Camp He’s Ash, My Dude. 

The good news with Ash is we hopefully won't have to make it to the end of the inevitable 3 year UT DC roller coaster that's defined the last decade: year 1 - "this guy's not so fucking bad"; year 2 - "is this guy fucking bad or what - it's hard to tell?"; year 3 - "this guy's fucking horrible."  

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

The good news with Ash is we hopefully won't have to make it to the end of the inevitable 3 year UT DC roller coaster that's defined the last decade: year 1 - "this guy's not so fucking bad"; year 2 - "is this guy fucking bad or what - it's hard to tell?"; year 3 - "this guy's fucking horrible."  

slight correction:

year 1 - "we need to lock this guy down because he's so good he's going to get poached for a HC gig."

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

This would have me hard

FD-03520I-Tackling-Fundamentals-Drills-f

but he also wrote this book

FD-05124A-How-to-Build-a-Championship-Cu

From rumors we know he built anything but a culture of winning. Sounds like everything was divisive.

We will see if this works. It can't be any worse than what Orlando was teaching but I am not sold on Ash. I would have preferred Odom.

Odom was never the genius behind Pinkel's Mizzou. It was a DL coach Bama scooped up.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Two camps. You’re in Camp Herman. Make sure you have your tent grounded in cement, because the winds blow hard through that neck of the woods. 

It’s quite serene and sunny over here in Camp He’s Ash, My Dude. 

Damn you still haven't jumped yet?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Brady/Aranda versus Herman/Ash. Pretty clear who comes out on top there. Herman will trot out those repeated gay ass QB Power, inside zone, and bubble screens to nowhere, and I'm sure we'll make a few special teams blunders as well that will lead to a blowout loss.

Nah we’re gonna win this game. Mark it down

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Yup. Herman has a history of dropping at least 2 easy games a year going back to his UH days - so take two of Ok State, WV, TCU, Iowa State, and KSU and you have 8-4 next year with 9-3 as your ceiling.

So did Dabo before he started winning national championships. Lincoln drops one every year and Stoops did as well. This is easily one of the silliest knocks on Herman tbh

9-10 wins now is actually 7-8 wins of the old days. 11-12 wins is what we should be pushing

Yep. It’s the extra digit effect. 10 seems great but we play more games than 30 years ago so it really doesn’t have much more value than 8 wins. It’s the same with paying someone $100K. That extra digit makes management prejudiced to the number even though it’s equal to $70K a decade ago.

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The Ash hire doesn't really excite me, but I can't see any way the defense gets worse.  I guess that's now the ceiling with Texas football, it can't get any worse.

Uh Chuckles says hold my beer...

The Ash hire doesn't really excite me, but I can't see any way the defense gets worse.  I guess that's now the ceiling with Texas football, it can't get any worse.

I agree. I think he sees that the defense should be a somewhat easy fix. They will be more experienced, but need some unfucking to get them processing correctly again. I think his hard line approach to his 10 commandments will help right the ship somewhat soon. Do I think he will bring us to a championship level? Not sure. His biggest challenge now will be to tailor his style to the Big 12 offenses.

21 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

So did Dabo before he started winning national championships. Lincoln drops one every year and Stoops did as well. This is easily one of the silliest knocks on Herman tbh

stoops averaged about 2.5 losses a year(including bowls/conf champ games) but he was winning the Big 12 consistently, even with the one WTF loss a year.  we are averaging 5 with no conf championships.

if Herman gets to the former I'm all in.

Dabo started hiring A+ assistants.  we are hiring B's to C+'s

If Herman would get to the former I'm all in.

• Like 1

From the UT press release
“After taking a hard look at a lot of options at defensive coordinator, Chris was the one that continued to stand out,” Herman said. 

giphy.gif

I have come to terms with Ash, however, This is the type of shit that pisses me off with Herman. Just fucking tell us that you had him in mind. This is just like the winning is hard crap that he spews. He put no time into the the search. Just tell us that you were downing vodka and Gatorade’s and could not be bothered due to bowl prep.

23 hours ago, Zavala said:

Damn you still haven't jumped yet?

When stupid fucks attempt to talk shit about my handle, it's always amusing. It's like you numbnuts fail to grasp that I chose my own handle, and talking shit about me jumping not only doesn't bother me, it was the fucking point of the handle. I literally created it in direct response to all of the poster dipshittery at the time on hornfans. I don't simply happen to be the only poster in the history of BBS' that was forced into my handle by the admin. It's always funny to me when morons fail to understand the basic logic that's flying right by them with their post.

On 12/16/2019 at 11:54 AM, 6th Street said:

Brady/Aranda versus Herman/Ash. Pretty clear who comes out on top there. Herman will trot out those repeated gay ass QB Power, inside zone, and bubble screens to nowhere, and I'm sure we'll make a few special teams blunders as well that will lead to a blowout loss.

Hell, we were an Ingram drop away from the LSU being much more interesting.  

4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

stoops averaged about 2.5 losses a year(including bowls/conf champ games) but he was winning the Big 12 consistently, even with the one WTF loss a year.  we are averaging 5 with no conf championships.

if Herman gets to the former I'm all in.

Dabo started hiring A+ assistants.  we are hiring B's to C+'s

If Herman would get to the former I'm all in.

Goofy Texas fans are literally the only ones saying Chris Ash is a bad hire. Even Ohio St fans that hate Texas are saying Ash is a great hire for us.

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I don’t get why Texas fans are scoffing at Lashlee as if that would be a bad hire. When did Graham Harrell become the second coming? 

Lashlee is about as inspiring as a box of saltines.

He's also better than most of the options mentioned so far. So here we are.