Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

55 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

If you listen to the stealth hour plus Lev Parnas recording of Trump, you realize that he has a different personality in private and does not appear cognitively impaired.  He's not a bright bulb by any stretch, but it's nothing resembling dementia.  What we see at rallies, helo-pressers, and in other soundbites is a false character.  He appears cognitively impaired because of the ill-fitting combination of his perpetual lying, lack of understanding of complex matters facing a fit POTUS, and criminal personality. 

It's actually easier for him to get by appearing cognitively confused or limited because the alternative of maintaining credibility with his shit together while lying and deceiving the hell out of his followers is impossible for him.  People who give him the benefit of the doubt are just favorably filling in the blanks for what he's deliberately hiding.

Man, I suppose, but the differences in the speed and quality from earlier rallies is there. The jerky spasms followed by verbal miscues he has on occasion don't seem faked. The video with Lev Parnas was supposed to be from 2018, correct? I guess it could all be an act, in that he has always had the narcissistic false front since well, forever, but I'm not so sure he hasn't got something awry with his health.

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Man, I suppose, but the differences in the speed and quality from earlier rallies is there. The jerky spasms followed by verbal miscues he has on occasion don't seem faked. The video with Lev Parnas was supposed to be from 2018, correct? I guess it could all be an act, in that he has always had the narcissistic false front since well, forever, but I'm not so sure he hasn't got something awry with his health.

The kind of daily pressure Trump has been under to sustain the lies and obfuscation for all his WH criminality, including  3 years of Mueller, do take a toll on even the most reptilian mind.  He's definitely glitching under prolonged public scrutiny.  But it's reversible when he's in the warm confines of his den of thieves.  Back when, in the 5th Ave days, he felt bulletproof and dissociated from criminality.  Being potus has been a severe and sustained stress test on the function of that personal reality. 

And today he's nowhere near out of the woods.

I can't believe i'm gonna say this, but I guess I don't want to deface the Cloak Room with legit baseball talk.  But the issue with Rose was not just another player better while playing for his team.  But he was also the manager. And I say that as a kid who waited all day to get tickets to see him get hit 4,191 against the Cubs with my dad in one of the last games he and I ever saw together.  

But Donald, better on your team while being both a Player AND A Manager is a lot like hosting presidential events at one of your properties while your also a hotelier.  Or trying to give your SIL credit for Middle East Peace while trying to bang his wife.  

So many levels.  I like Pete Rose, I wish he was in the Hall...but stay outta this shit Mr. president because so many of your sins are analagous to Rose's.  And yeah, he's been banished for 30 years so maybe time for us to forgive him.  As such, in 30 years...I promise to stop taking shits on your presidential library.  not In, ON!  But then again, who the fuck is gonna actually host your library?  Serious question for you Trumpers?  

Paul Giamatti would finally be forced to take on his greatest role.  I mean he literally plays the Attorney General of New York and could finally avenge his father's death against real life Trump.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Why not Ivanka? If we are sliding into a monarchy, might as well have a queen with daddy issues. 

And Ivanka becomes the first woman president, as a final fuck you to Hillary?   

Sounds like something that could fire up the base, and try to lure back the suburban woman he's lost.

27 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

And Ivanka becomes the first woman president, as a final fuck you to Hillary?   

Sounds like something that could fire up the base, and try to lure back the suburban woman he's lost.

Is it too late for trump to adopt a 100% black American, put said adoptee on the ticket then be able to claim the first black President was a Tump ?

45 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Oh noes. With a hobbled NSC, our ability to compile kill lists will be diminished. How will we ever effectively execute our drone strike campaigns around the world. 

Well since trump did it I guess you support it. 

Back to Pete Rose. Since apparently trump wants him in the hall of fame that of course means he’s a total piece of shit who should never be in the hall of fame. 

Glad that was cleared up for me. One less thing to think about. 

21 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Well since trump did it I guess you support it. 

NSC staffing ballooned under Obama. Trimming it back should not be automatically offensive to anybody.

22 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

One less thing to think about. 

Good idea to make sure you are not spread too thin. 

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Didn't the white house send that pic out? Is he saying they photoshopped it? 

I went back a page and looked at the post with the tweet. It's from an account called WhiteHousePhotos and it does not have a blue check. However, the photographer seems to take pics at the WH. His name is Warren Moon. He must have got wind of Trump's tweet because when I went to his page, he had a tweet that said:

"This picture was never photoshopped, but used the Apple smartphone’s photo app to adjust the color of the picture."  (just in case the tweet gets deleted...)

I don't know who the official WH photographer is. Pete Souza retired when Obama left...

Edit-went and looked it up: Shealah Craighead is the official photographer.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Addition

NSC staffing ballooned under Obama. Trimming it back should not be automatically offensive to anybody.

I don't know that many people are worried about "how many" as they are worried about "who". With Trump, I think you'd agree it's a valid concern.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I went back a page and looked at the post with the tweet. It's from an account called WhiteHousePhotos and it does not have a blue check. However, the photographer seems to take pics at the WH. His name is Warren Moon. He must have got wind of Trump's tweet because when I went to his page, he had a tweet that said:

"This picture was never photoshopped, but used the Apple smartphone’s photo app to adjust the color of the picture."  (just in case the tweet gets deleted...)

I don't know who the official WH photographer is. Pete Souza retired when Obama left...

His name isn't Warren Moon. It's Bernie Kosar. 

Ok It's William Moon. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Oh noes. With a hobbled NSC, our ability to compile kill lists will be diminished. How will we ever effectively execute our drone strike campaigns around the world. 

Yes, because a hobbled NSC will only make Donald Trump less likely to kill people.  Is that your legitimate angle here?

12 minutes ago, tchookem said:

I don't know that many people are worried about "how many" as they are worried about "who". With Trump, I think you'd agree it's a valid concern.  

I agree. A dozen or so is not near enough. Should be at least a hundred. And we can focus on the particulars of the who after we get the overall haircut right. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

The ballooning headcount over time is described in the article that was linked. 

You're (as usual) not nearly so smart as you think you are.  Obama pulled two staffs into one.  National security headcount is going down as a result of this haircut, and it's a threat, not only because it means we are committing fewer people to security, but because we are giving Trump more authority. 

Your erection is noted.