Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

57 states Ted is what Obama said. 

You got defeated tonight. 

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Honestly I’m glad to have FCHorn back, just to see him twist in to enteral pretzel, defending the daily gaffes by trump compared to the once a term gaffes b Obama.  Trump is the stupidest mothefucker to hold the office by a factor of at least 10 and obviously the most divisive by 20.

Sad!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, pacman said:

If you are truly middle of the road, then you have to know there is no comparing Trump and Obama.

I never said I was MR middle of the road and I never compared any two people. 

6 minutes ago, pacman said:

Trump has been hated for decades, and rightfully so. He has only doubled down on his hated personality after finally finding a base of people who celebrate his hate and no filter mouth, while simultaneously ignoring his greed.

I thought his show Apprentice was very popular.

And his greed??

He is the only US president to give his salary back to the US Treasury 

9 minutes ago, pacman said:

He was just too inexperienced to deal with the modern political climate imo. 

Obama was a Senator and Trump had no experience as a politician. 

• Fuck You 6

6 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Honestly I’m glad to have FCHorn back, just to see him twist in to enteral pretzel, defending the daily gaffes by trump compared to the once a term gaffes b Obama.  Trump is the stupidest mothefucker to hold the office by a factor of at least 10 and obviously the most divisive by 20.

Sad!

I have no idea who FCHorn is. 

But ok Ted. 

• Fuck You 5

9 minutes ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

And his greed??

He is the only US president to give his salary back to the US Treasury 

Come on, you can't fall for this slight of hand?

1. He isn't the only President to g8ve salary back, maybe all salary, but others have given partial.

2. He has made up for giving away his salary by being the only President to make millions off the us government by booking his own resorts for travel. There is a reason the WH is currently blocking Secret Service financial reports. Giving up his salary is a trick. He knows people will hold on to the sound bite and ignore the details.

Edited by pacman

Just now, pacman said:

1. He isn't the only President to g8ve salary back, maybe all salary, but others have given partial.

2. He has made up for giving away his salary by being the only President to make millions off the us government by booking his own resorts for travel. There is a reason the WH is currently blocking Secret Service financial reports.

Maybe your right but I look at independent reports and the SOB has given his salary back according to this site

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1341/take-no-salary/

Im not sure what he's made by booking his own resorts and im sure its millions but his core business is fucked

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-wp-trump-tower-20191105-arjnetoxijdkdkkjzpbiea3i6m-story.html

• Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, pacman said:

I don't doubt he has returned his salary, or more likely donated it for the tax cuts.

Of course much of his core businesses still suck, he is a shitty businessman as evidenced by 12 or so bankruptcies.

Agreed on the bankruptcies and lets not forget we will never know because his tax returns are sealed.

Also, don't let Ted know, he says im a Trumper but he knows more about the conservatives than I do.

• Fuck You 2

Today the President will fly to North Carolina to Central Piedmont Community College where he will deliver remarks at the Opportunity Now Summit.

This evening he will be back in DC for the Republican Governors Association Finance Dinner. Amazingly enough, this dinner will be held at the Andrew Mellon auditorium and not at a Trump owned property. No word on where all those governors are staying, but if they asked Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows for ideas, they would probably give a Trump Inc rec as they have stayed at Trump properties 7 and 10 times respectively. Your tax dollars travel a circuitous route to the pockets of the President don't they?

Y'all have a good day, I'm making buttermilk pancakes and bacon because today is Friday and everybody's working for the weekend, everybody's going off the deep end....

4 hours ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

He did give his salary back to the treasury and we know  it is peanuts to him and I think his busines's have been suffering because of his bull shit. 

Perhaps...I'd need to see proof... perhaps he could release his taxes.  Remember when he "donated" that money from his presidential campaign event to the vets?  

I do, because he didn't donate it until he got caught...and then had to pay $2 million fine for his attempted con.

Oh, and your claim that he'd be the only one to do it...also bullshit.  Three others have done it...one of which, Kennedy, was in his own fucking lifetime you gullible idiot.

• Like 5

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/politics/trump-secret-service-spending/?itid=hp_hp-top-table-low_trumppayments-915am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Spoiler

President Trump’s company charges the Secret Service for the rooms it uses while protecting Trump at his properties. The charges have been as high as $650 per night for a Mar-a-Lago Club hotel room, or $17,000 a month for a cottage at Trump National Golf Club Bedminster.

Who pays these bills? U.S. taxpayers. That means Trump has a business arrangement with his own government. But the details of that relationship remain largely hidden.

The only glimpses of this spending have come out via Secret Service records, released after public records requests. But these documents are often cryptic, giving few details.

This is how The Washington Post sought to unravel the mysteries in these documents, and to report the true extent of what Trump’s company has charged taxpayers.

Since Trump took office, he has visited his own properties on 342 days. Secret Service agents come with him. And Trump’s company charges them. Last November, in response to a public records request from the group Property of the People, the Secret Service released a list of 56 payments it had made to Trump’s companies. All were from 2017. But the list was cryptic. It didn’t say what the Secret Service had been charged for. In some cases, it didn’t even say which Trump property had been paid.

The Post tried to decode this list. One surprise: at least 20 of the payments to "Trump National Golf Club" — worth $63,700 — weren’t to a golf club at all. Other documents, already released, showed they were payments to Mar-a-Lago. The Post learned that many of them were hotel bills for $650 per night — a rate far higher than the usual limits on federal hotel spending. There is no legal limit on what the Secret Service may spend on hotel rooms while its agents are protecting the president.

secret-service-payments-to-trump-propert

In four other cases, the dollar amount was a giveaway: All included a tax of 6.875 percent, which was the sales tax in New Jersey in 2017. That pointed to Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, which is the only Trump property in New Jersey that he has visited as president.

But many of the payments on this list remain mysterious.  If you have information about these charges — or any other instances where taxpayer funds were used to pay the president’s company — contact Post reporter David Fahrenthold at fahrenthold@washpost.com.

Documents

These receipts have been redacted by the Secret Service, and they contain notations giving the reason for the redactions. The most common notation is "(b)(7)(e)," which refers to a section of the U.S. Code that allows the government to redact information about the "techniques and procedures" of law enforcement agencies.

July 31, 2017 | Bedminster, N.J.

A receipt from the files of the Secret Service showing the rental of a cottage at Trump’s Bedminster golf club for the month of July. The rate is $17,000 for the month, plus New Jersey’s 6.875 percent sales tax. Trump only spent seven days at the club that month, but the Secret Service still paid for days he wasn’t there. The handwriting in this document is original, written by the Secret Service. The Trump Organization says this rate is below what it could get on the open market, given that the the cottage has three bedrooms.

bedminster-rental-july-2017-1.jpg

Sept. 4, 2017 | Bedminster, N.J.

A receipt from the files of the Secret Service showing the rental of a cottage at Trump’s Bedminster golf club for the month of August, plus four days of September. The rate is $17,000 per month, plus New Jersey’s 6.875 percent sales tax. The handwriting in this document is original, written by the Secret Service. The Trump Organization says this rate is below what it could get on the open market, given that the the cottage has three bedrooms.

bedminster-rental-august-2017-1.jpg

Oct. 1, 2017 | Bedminster, N.J.

A receipt from the files of the Secret Service showing the rental of a cottage at Trump’s Bedminster golf club for the month of September, minus four days that had been paid for in a previous bill. The rate is $17,000 per month, plus New Jersey’s 6.875 percent sales tax. Trump spent 10 days at the club that month, but the Secret Service still paid for days he wasn’t there. The handwriting in this document is original, written by the Secret Service. The Trump Organization says this rate is below what it could get on the open market, given that the the cottage has three bedrooms.

bedminster-rental-september-2017-1.jpg

February 2017 | Palm Beach, Fla.

Receipts released by the Secret Service showing charges paid to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in February — his first trip to Mar-a-Lago as president. Three of the receipts are in increments of $650, the amount that Trump’s company charged the Secret Service for each night in a Mar-a-Lago guest room. The other receipt is for $3,510; it is unclear what this charge is for. The Trump Organization has said that the current rate being charged for these rooms is "substantially lower," but did not say what it was.

mar-a-lago-receipts-2017-1.jpg

February 2018 | Palm Beach, Fla.

Receipts released by the Secret Service showing charges paid to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in February. The receipts show Trump’s club charged $396.15 per night for guest rooms, less than the year before. One possible explanation: The 2018 receipts list the Secret Service as an "honorary member" of Mar-a-Lago, which may come with a discount.

mar-a-lago-receipts-2018-1.jpg

September 2016 to January 2018 | Washington, D.C.

This document, released by the Department of Homeland Security, shows expenditures by the Secret Service’s Washington Field Office ("WFO") and Dignitary Protection Division ("DPD") at Trump’s hotel. The document does not give reasons for these expenditures. Some of them occur on days when Trump visited the hotel, but most do not.

secret-service-payments-to-trump-hotel-1

January to June 2017 | Various

This document, released by the Secret Service after a public records request from the group Property of the People, contains listings of Secret Service credit card purchases at Trump properties. The documents give a sense of the scale of this spending: more than $250,000 in just Trump’s first five months in office. But it provides little clarity about why the money was spent and what rates were charged. This document was the spark for The Post’s reporting on this topic — showing how little was known about this business relationship between Trump and his own government.

secret-service-payments-to-trump-propert

• Like 1

It's of no real moment now, but in the early days of exploration of the ethics of Trump's businesses the question was raised whether changing the names was a) required or b) even effective.

The idea being that given that ownership of his properties was completely obvious by virtue of the name, could various parties, including foreigners and foreign governments, curry favor by using Trump properties.  And of course the notion that use of the Trump trademark in and of itself posed ethical issues.  But just changing the name doesn't really solve the problem.

Of course if Trump did what he was supposed to and extracted himself from his businesses completely, he'd never know who was using his properties or how much they were spending.

Unfortunately for posters here I just realized a huge tailwind for Trump re-election. 

Who controls the Federal Reserve? The banking industry. 

Who would the banking industry prefer, Bernie or Trump? Obvious. 

The Fed is gonna ease or at least jawbone about easing sufficiently before the election to keep the economy and stock market cruising through November. 

Don’t Fight the Fed. 

6 hours ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

Agreed on the bankruptcies and lets not forget we will never know because his tax returns are sealed.

I think the appropriate people will see his most recent returns before the election, but we tend forget  that NYT story on his state returns and summary federal forms which for years on end showed him as the single largest individual tax loser in all of America.  And those loses were not real estate slight of hand either.  He was hemorrhaging cash. 

In fact, year after year, Mr. Trump appears to have lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer, The Times found when it compared his results with detailed information the I.R.S. compiles on an annual sampling of high-income earners. His core business losses in 1990 and 1991 — more than $250 million each year — were more than double those of the nearest taxpayers in the I.R.S. information for those years.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Everyone should take the time to read and absorb this piece:

Trump 2020 campaign & social media

This is pretty much all I need to know.

The story that unfurled in my Facebook feed over the next several weeks was, at times, disorienting. There were days when I would watch, live on TV, an impeachment hearing filled with damning testimony about the president’s conduct, only to look at my phone later and find a slickly edited video—served up by the Trump campaign—that used out-of-context clips to recast the same testimony as an exoneration. Wait, I caught myself wondering more than once, is that what happened today?

Nothing new, but interesting coming from a Republican strategist:

"As for the party, Trump hasn’t transformed the party, in my judgment, as much as he has unmasked it. There was always a minority in the Republican party ― 25, 30 percent — that, how shall we say this, that hailed extreme views, aberrant views. They’ve always been there, from the John Birchers in the ’50s, who thought Dwight Eisenhower was a communist, to the Trump folks today who think John McCain’s a traitor. They had different names — the religious right, tea partiers — but they’ve always been there. They were a fairly consistent, fairly manageable minority who we, the establishment, enabled and exploited.

“But ... because of profound changes in the economy worldwide as we transition from an industrial economy to a service economy and as the browning of America continues over time ... and all of the roiling in society on various cultural issues, whether it’s gay rights or whatever, all of those pressures caused that minority to metastasize.

“It became a majority and a growing majority. It was Trump’s genius that he sensed the rot in the party and rather than making a quixotic third-party run, like Ross Perot or George Wallace, and losing, he had the vision to hijack the party of Ronald Reagan. I think he’s doing very, very significant damage that I hope is not irreparable.

“He daily attacks and batters the guardrails of democracy, whether it’s a free press, an independent judiciary, congressional oversight. ... He’s an authoritarian, which explains his affinity for authoritarians, and to the extent that he has brought a significant portion of America to doubt even the existence of objective truth, it’s dangerous."

- retiring GOP operative Mac Stipanovich"

• Like 4

Trump shits on decorum and societal norms every fucking day of his life, but Nancy Pelosi ripping up some papers is the end of the goddamned world.  I think I am going to slap the next person that mentions it.  Fuck this double standard bullshit.  You want to roll around in shit with a pig, don't complain that some of it got splattered on a person standing next to the pen.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:
These people have no shame. They pick and choose when they care about decorum. The moment a Dem is back in the WH, they're going to be on their tAn sUit!!! steez again. 

Someone should remind Ainsley that there used to be fist fights and beatings on the floors of both houses of Congress.

8 hours ago, pacman said:

2. He has made up for giving away his salary by being the only President to make millions off the us government by booking his own resorts for travel. There is a reason the WH is currently blocking Secret Service financial reports. Giving up his salary is a trick. He knows people will hold on to the sound bite and ignore the details.

Man. You can sink a shot when no one is guarding the net. 

3 minutes ago, Homercles said:

No you’re not, just the only dumbass one apparently.  -Class of 02

He was referring to being the only OSU fan in Zapata (whatever that is). He being a dumbass is right on target though. Plus I’m not sure any of would willingly refer to ourselves as “Okie Lite”. Of course, those of us on this board don’t give two shits about it, so maybe someone would.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Nothing new, but interesting coming from a Republican strategist:

"As for the party, Trump hasn’t transformed the party, in my judgment, as much as he has unmasked it. There was always a minority in the Republican party ― 25, 30 percent — that, how shall we say this, that hailed extreme views, aberrant views. They’ve always been there, from the John Birchers in the ’50s, who thought Dwight Eisenhower was a communist, to the Trump folks today who think John McCain’s a traitor. They had different names — the religious right, tea partiers — but they’ve always been there. They were a fairly consistent, fairly manageable minority who we, the establishment, enabled and exploited.

“But ... because of profound changes in the economy worldwide as we transition from an industrial economy to a service economy and as the browning of America continues over time ... and all of the roiling in society on various cultural issues, whether it’s gay rights or whatever, all of those pressures caused that minority to metastasize.

“It became a majority and a growing majority. It was Trump’s genius that he sensed the rot in the party and rather than making a quixotic third-party run, like Ross Perot or George Wallace, and losing, he had the vision to hijack the party of Ronald Reagan. I think he’s doing very, very significant damage that I hope is not irreparable.

“He daily attacks and batters the guardrails of democracy, whether it’s a free press, an independent judiciary, congressional oversight. ... He’s an authoritarian, which explains his affinity for authoritarians, and to the extent that he has brought a significant portion of America to doubt even the existence of objective truth, it’s dangerous."

- retiring GOP operative Mac Stipanovich"

There is a direct line of descent from Reagan to DoTArD. You see the beginnings of DoTaRD in Reagan. Reagan started the rot.

He didn't hijack the party of Reagan, he took the party of Reagan to its natural conclusion.

• Like 4

That we have a constant liar elected to the highest office, and he has broad support due to his obvious lies still amazes me.

Y'all describe his flaws brilliantly every day and it doesn't matter. 

We have a president whom we wouldn't tolerate as company in our homes. We wouldn't leave him alone with a daughter. We wouldn't loan him $20. 

An absolute villain.

I got nothing new to say, I guess. Sometimes it's good to remind oneself of an obvious truth.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That we have a constant liar elected to the highest office, and he has broad support due to his obvious lies still amazes me.

Y'all describe his flaws brilliantly every day and it doesn't matter. 

We have a president whom we wouldn't tolerate as company in our homes. We wouldn't leave him alone with a daughter. We wouldn't loan him $20. 

An absolute villain.

I got nothing new to say, I guess. Sometimes it's good to remind oneself of an obvious truth.

And the saddest part is the dude is so dumb and deranged, he believes his own bullshit. It's a lot easier to convince a lot of dumb people you're right if you believe it yourself. 

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Unfortunately for posters here I just realized a huge tailwind for Trump re-election. 

Who controls the Federal Reserve? The banking industry. 

Who would the banking industry prefer, Bernie or Trump? Obvious. 

The Fed is gonna ease or at least jawbone about easing sufficiently before the election to keep the economy and stock market cruising through November. 

Don’t Fight the Fed. 

You just now realized these things?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Not sure, but I am very confident it will not be Bernie

I think he wins it unless it is a brokered convention which is more popular this year now that super delegates can't vote in the 1st round. Then it's a %15 bump of voters.