Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Guest Lobo

Long Live the TEX!  

Thank you for calling TEX, the automated enrollment exchange system for the University of Texas at Austin.  

Say what you want about that antiquated system, I could always remember my SS#.  I have a UTEID that I have to get reset once a year because I don't know the password and the reminder email address they have that generates a new one is an msn.com address I last used 15 years ago.  And they can't update my recovery email.  Or they just don't like me, which is entirely possible.  My parking permit is easier to renew than my wi-fi access code.  /csb

Anyway, back to Covid-19.  My zip code has seen a 45% spike in the instance of active cases in the last week.  I'm sure that's not reflective of the rest of the state, but then again I'm obviously much more concerned about the number of cases around my immediate vicinity because these are the people I shop next to.  Maybe it's a testing thing, but that doesn't really make me feel better either.  Nobody is saying the world is ending, I'm just wondering when this peak is going to actually be felt in real numbers.  

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

No, Travis County just had our biggest week yet.

based on tested positives? 

Aren't TC hospitalizations flat or slightly down?

I'm not saying I don't expect to see a rise in hospitalizations in the coming weeks, but there's nothing conclusive yet is there? 

Guest Lobo

I think there's some conclusive information for those that still died this month.  6 people on 1 June, 36 people on 3 June in Texas.  It's a constant roller-coaster.  Just look at the death chart.  I know we've got to look into hospital coding, testing, antibodies, nursing homes, etc.  But just look at the death chart.  It's a cerated knife chart, a zig-zag with no discernible end in sight.  https://www.google.com/search?q=U.S.+deaths+by+covid&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS563US563&oq=U.S.+deaths+by+covid&aqs=chrome..69i57.3647j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Overall, there's a lowering trend but it's one spike after another.  Why is that? 

What is the concrete, discernible plan for late Autumn?  I am all fucking ears.  

By the way, my small business just hired two more people this month.  I am doing my fucking part.  

Long Live the TEX!  
Thank you for calling TEX, the automated enrollment exchange system for the University of Texas at Austin.  
Say what you want about that antiquated system, I could always remember my SS#.  I have a UTEID that I have to get reset once a year because I don't know the password and the reminder email address they have that generates a new one is an msn.com address I last used 15 years ago.  And they can't update my recovery email.  Or they just don't like me, which is entirely possible.  My parking permit is easier to renew than my wi-fi access code.  /csb
Anyway, back to Covid-19.  My zip code has seen a 45% spike in the instance of active cases in the last week.  I'm sure that's not reflective of the rest of the state, but then again I'm obviously much more concerned about the number of cases around my immediate vicinity because these are the people I shop next to.  Maybe it's a testing thing, but that doesn't really make me feel better either.  Nobody is saying the world is ending, I'm just wondering when this peak is going to actually be felt in real numbers.  

Telephone enrollment exchange

It’s in the fuckin’ name of the thing

Commence long winded self doxxing/aggrandizing reply.
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

sorry, telephone enrollment exchange...not automated enrollment exchange.  I crossed 20 year old wires, literally and figuratively.  

If we had your type of fact checking for some of our nation's leaders, we wouldn't be in this mess.  But I take no responsibility at all for TEX! 

But yeah, I woefully mis-remembered that device despite the letters being right in front of me.  I feel like the South Park guy on Wheel of Fortune.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I think there's some conclusive information for those that still died this month.  6 people on 1 June, 36 people on 3 June in Texas.  It's a constant roller-coaster.  Just look at the death chart.  I know we've got to look into hospital coding, testing, antibodies, nursing homes, etc.  But just look at the death chart.  It's a cerated knife chart, a zig-zag with no discernible end in sight.  https://www.google.com/search?q=U.S.+deaths+by+covid&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS563US563&oq=U.S.+deaths+by+covid&aqs=chrome..69i57.3647j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Overall, there's a lowering trend but it's one spike after another.  Why is that? 

What is the concrete, discernible plan for late Autumn?  I am all fucking ears.  

By the way, my small business just hired two more people this month.  I am doing my fucking part.  

It's on a consistent one week period.  The sawtooth is do to lack of reporting on weekends and catchup during the week.

5 hours ago, B00M said:

based on tested positives? 

Aren't TC hospitalizations flat or slightly down?

I'm not saying I don't expect to see a rise in hospitalizations in the coming weeks, but there's nothing conclusive yet is there? 

Hospitalizations in the Austin MSA have been hovering near 90 for the past month or so.

Guest Lobo
9 minutes ago, bullzak said:

I would like to see a thread focused on data interpretation on COVID. Not sure MSM understands that at all or they wouldn't keep talking about cases with no context. 

Yes, gross numbers are one thing.  But we need more "per capita" analysis.  Which we now know means "by the capitol."  People who live near the capital cities in their respective states are more subject to the Corona Virus for reasons we cannot get into at this time.  

Edited by Lobo

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

You poors, and no your bidet mansions....

I'm still shocked at how many not only don't have bidets, but at how many of the ones who do have bidets can't afford to use coconut water in said bidets.  They gently blast publicly-sourced water up their asses with no regard for the image they are presenting to the outside world.  How do they even feel clean after that?

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm still shocked at how many not only don't have bidets, but at how many of the ones who do have bidets can't afford to use coconut water in said bidets.  They gently blast publicly-sourced water up their asses with no regard for the image they are presenting to the outside world.  How do they even feel clean after that?

The struggle is real......Fair trade, coconut, ass water.

positive tests or testing overall?

Daily tests. Last 3 days have been our highest (act 11k a day, last half of May were our highest. we saw 6-8k/day. Clearly from protestors getting tested.

Positives have been the normal 4-700 positives so the positive % is under 5. Was around 8-10% in those May days

fd4af7a77e32f7f8045ea133041e4a6f.jpg

Guest Lobo

Overall.  Nothing positive about Minnesota except the canoeing and fishing.  

leave it to the most Scandinavian country to fuck up race relations in America.  

ive often wondered why so many white people hate the way Europe conducts themselves from a policy standpoint but can’t shut the fuck up how European their heritage/bloodline is.  

18 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

its OK, he's white, he can talk about white people.  not racist

Actually you can't call me a cracker only we can call each other crackers.  You can say cracka, but not cracker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Overall.  Nothing positive about Minnesota except the canoeing and fishing.  

leave it to the most Scandinavian country to fuck up race relations in America.  

ive often wondered why so many white people hate the way Europe conducts themselves from a policy standpoint but can’t shut the fuck up how European their heritage/bloodline is.  

Even the Scandinavians hate each other up there. No love lost between the Swedes and Norwegians. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

its OK, he's white, he can talk about white people.  not racist

I'm white?  Holy shit, this is gonna be news to my mom.  

If you really wanna upset a Minnesota honkey, tell them the only difference between Scandinavian and Nordic ancestry in Minnesota is that nobody else gives a shit.  It's listening to Bert Blyleven talk about his rightful place in the Hall of Fame.

Edited by Lobo

If you really wanna upset a Minnesota honkey, tell them the only difference between Scandinavian and Nordic ancestry in Minnesota is that nobody else gives a shit.  It's listening to Bert Blyleven talk about his rightful place in the Hall of Fame.

Ya that didn’t upset me at all

But I’m mostly German though so

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

my bad, allow me to correct.  WACIST!!

and Blyleven was hosed for years by the Nord HOF voters.   Syndergaard is a cinch with the Nordic Mob in the media

Guest Lobo

Fucking Nordic Media conspiracy!  Syndergaard has had some flashes of brilliance, but Blyleven tossed more innings in one year than Noah has in his whole career. 143IP/season, where's the fucking Skanda work ethic?  Where's the pride?  

I will admit 63 homeruns surrendered in 119 games started.  That's damn impressive.  But then, Nordic people would never let a black islander get home safely. 

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Fucking Nordic Media conspiracy!  Syndergaard has had some flashes of brilliance, but Blyleven tossed more innings in one year than Noah has in his whole career. 143IP/season, where's the fucking Skanda work ethic?  Where's the pride?  

I will admit 63 homeruns surrendered in 119 games started.  That's damn impressive.  But then, Nordic people would never let a black islander get home safely. 

But the hair! have you see the hair? HOF viking hair for sure

2 hours ago, RollLeft said:

What about Honky?  Not sure how that one offends or came about.

two definitions from the Urban Dictionary

a derogatory term for a Caucasian person.
there are three main theories for the origin of the word:
1. the word originated from the practice of white males wishing to hire African-American prostitutes in the 1920's, and going to the appropriate part of town while honking their car horns to attract the whores. Some versions state that the reason for this was that the white men were too afraid to actually stop in those neighborhoods, so the honking would bring the hookers to them. Others say that since few African-Americans could afford cars back in that time, the honking signaled a higher-paying white client and would quickly gain the prostitutes attention.

2. the term comes from the word "honky-tonk", which was used as early as 1875 in reference to wild saloons in the Old West. Patrons of such disreputable establishments were referred to as "honkies", not intended as a racial slur but still a disparaging term.

4 hours ago, RollLeft said:

What about Honky?  Not sure how that one offends or came about.

Most believable version I've heard is that it came from early 1900s (prolly post WWI) Chicago and points east, when lots of Eastern European immigrants came in. The general (pejorative) term applied was either Polack (Poles, obviously) or Hunky (Hungarians, etc.), depending on how unpronounceable their names and original countries were. Czechoslovakians (Bohemians) were Bohunks.

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Well it’s encouraging to check in and find inane babbling about “Nordic HOF” pitchers instead of CV panic.

Moving on.

haven't you heard.  covid is last years news.  game over man.  see you on the other side for the 2nd wave!

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

We are about to start discussing lutefisk.

There is a thriving population of Norwegian lineage, here, in Texas. Norse, in Bosque county is the burial place of Cleng Peerson, the father of Norwegian immigration to America. My high school still has a lutefisk dinner every December, reservation only. We would get a 600 lb. bale of dried cod, every year right after Thanksgiving, the cod would have to be skinned, I would smell so bad when I got home that Mom would make me strip down before going inside. My Dad ran the rehydrating process until he passed away last year. You soak them in bathtubs full of lye water for several days, then flush it with fresh water. It has the taste and consistency of boiled egg whites.

CHIEF

2 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Why doesn’t the Y axis on that fucking chart start at zero? Is the author stupid or disingenuous?

He uses “side effect” inappropriately and his profile picture has him in some kind of tatical looking mask. I think I want to wait for an expert to weigh in on this data.

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away