Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Well, considering nobody I know that has had it has been hospitalized, this appears to be political grandstanding by our leaders.  What has changed regarding deaths?  Have we skewed away from pre-existing conditions and the olds accounting for the majority of deaths?  Just admit that this whole thing has been a complete fucking sham.

"No one I know has been hospitalized, so it must not be a big deal."  That is some impressive logic.  What Fightin' Texas Aggie Class are you?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stannis said:

Just admit that this whole thing has been a complete fucking sham.

Holy shit.  Someone actually just posted that idiocy.

Cool.  One of my best friends is a hospital chaplain.  I invite you to spend a couple of days with him on his rounds, where he has been dealing with stacks of people both in misery and dying from this "sham."  He's got fucking PTSD from dealing with so much misery and death.  What a "sham."  

Fuck you, F&M.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Cool.  One of my best friends is a hospital chaplain.  I invite you to spend a couple of days with him on his rounds, where he has been dealing with stacks of people both in misery and dying from this "sham."  He's got fucking PTSD from dealing with so much misery and death.  What a "sham."  

Fuck you.

Why are you attributing Fondren's quote to me?  Accidental misquote?

1 minute ago, Stannis said:

Why are you attributing Fondren's quote to me?  Accidental misquote?

Added the F&M reference for clarity.  That someone has the gall and/or staggering lack of IQ points to post that bullshittery.  That's ignorance rising to the level of evil.

But, I mean, yeah, fuck you too.  Because Surly.

Anybody else picturing Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America" indiscriminately shouting to every other balcony..."Yes!  Yes!  And fuck you too!"  

11 minutes ago, Stannis said:

"No one I know has been hospitalized, so it must not be a big deal."  That is some impressive logic.  What Fightin' Texas Aggie Class are you?

So, what’s your plan to address the rise in suicides, unemployment and business closures as a result of the actions of our leaders?  Why is it that none of the people in charge acted rationally and tried to take preventive measures to reduce people’s ability to die from this virus?  Why is it that nobody addressed the nation’s vitamin deficiency problem?  We cannot control who lives or dies from this virus.  But, we can take preventative measures.  Since the beginning of this crap I’ve been taking Vitamin D, calcium and zinc.  Should have been taking it anyway, but I had to go outside the scope of the mainstream narrative to find this information.  Why is that?

5 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Fuck you too, bitch.

I'm not the ignorant piece of shit who called a disease that has led to fucking hospital beds in the goddamned hallways a "sham."  Seriously, nut up and go to a fucking hospital, and talk to the folks who have worked the floor for the past 6 months.  A fucking "sham" my ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

In absolute numbers, this wishful thinking doesn't hold up.  No, it's not as terrible as the Spanish Flu or the Black Death.....but it's unquestionably a LOT more than a "worse strain" of the cold, or than any flu we've seen since 1918.  210,000 dead in 6 months.  The worst flu in modern history is estimated to have killed no more than 80,000 in a full year.

And understanding that we have lowered the transmission rate by lockdowns, social distancing, and mask wearing, we STILL have had 210,000 die.  The tipping point question is "is this disease deadly enough to force us to take significant measures to limit its toll?"  It seems that effectively the entire world has answered that question "yes."

Actually, if we treated covid patients here in 2020, the way they treated Spanish Flu patients (no antibiotics, intubation, get pneumonia you're gonna die, etc.), the death toll would be massive.

Well over half the SF deaths were due to secondary infections caused by the flu, infections that we could treat with both drugs and modern medical equipment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

In absolute numbers, this wishful thinking doesn't hold up.  No, it's not as terrible as the Spanish Flu or the Black Death.....but it's unquestionably a LOT more than a "worse strain" of the cold, or than any flu we've seen since 1918.  210,000 dead in 6 months.  The worst flu in modern history is estimated to have killed no more than 80,000 in a full year.

And understanding that we have lowered the transmission rate by lockdowns, social distancing, and mask wearing, we STILL have had 210,000 die.  The tipping point question is "is this disease deadly enough to force us to take significant measures to limit its toll?"  It seems that effectively the entire world has answered that question "yes."

I do think you have to take 25% of those 210k deaths which were in nursing homes & assisted living facilities out to some degree as you can more easily lock down a nursing home by not allowing family members in, not transferring in recovering CV19 folks, testing workers regularly etc. Those deaths though I believe need to be removed when looking at public health go forward decisions as they aren't folks living in the "outside world" but frankly a result of just poor management and a lack of understanding of who is in far greater danger of dying from CV19 than not.

There needs to be a clear discussion on just what "safe" means: Is it a vaccine? Flattening the curve for hospitals? No or very low hospital admits? No or very low cases?

etc etc. This is root of issue IMO and where the "trust the science" folks run head long into the "muh rights" folks.

Challenge is it kills those that are old and those that are severely obese. I cannot imagine an American that doesn't know or interact with someone that is old or someone who is severely obese.  Severe obesity usually cuts across economic lines which in the US often manifest along ethnic lines as well. This is why you see headlines around people of color disproportionately being impacted by CV19 in terms of deaths. There is no easy way out of this as to truly get out of it will require sacrifice from all of us:

Those at lower risk - wear mask, wash your hands, maintain social distancing & avoid your elders and those who could be easily compromised

Those at higher risk - stay home, shelter in place, don't go to weddings or baseball tournaments etc

End of the day until someone comes out with a clear definition of "safe" we will be bouncing back and forth and part of the problem is both sides to some degree can be right on things and there has been such inconsistency from WHO, CDC & politicians throughout this pandemic that trust has been never lower.

Good times. Oh and lets not forget that Tom Herman sucks as a HC and the UT football program is chock full of stupid coaches and players.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Well, considering nobody I know that has had it has been hospitalized, this appears to be political grandstanding by our leaders.  What has changed regarding deaths?  Have we skewed away from pre-existing conditions and the olds accounting for the majority of deaths?  Just admit that this whole thing has been a complete fucking sham.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Motherfuckers up on here passing on Facebook posts and email forward from grandma as if they're some sort of valid information source related to a virus that has killed millions of people around the world. Jesus H Christ. It's as bad as the "Saban is on a plane to Austin!!" thread.

"I heard that two people were counted as Covid that were old! This changes EVERYTHING"

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

So, what’s your plan to address the rise in suicides, unemployment and business closures as a result of the actions of our leaders?  Why is it that none of the people in charge acted rationally and tried to take preventive measures to reduce people’s ability to die from this virus?  Why is it that nobody addressed the nation’s vitamin deficiency problem?  We cannot control who lives or dies from this virus.  But, we can take preventative measures.  Since the beginning of this crap I’ve been taking Vitamin D, calcium and zinc.  Should have been taking it anyway, but I had to go outside the scope of the mainstream narrative to find this information.  Why is that?

See, I largely agree with this sentiment. Public health officials are effectively governing in many areas without any thought to the broader impact of their actions as elected officials defer to them on tough decisions. I live in the Bay Area, which is especially draconian.  (I shit you not that the CA reopening plan now has a health equity metric to address racial and socioeconomic disparities - even Berkeley opposed it). But being upset with the governance doesn’t mean that this isn’t a serious public health issue. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

the Bay Area, which is especially draconian.  (I shit you not that the CA reopening plan now has a health equity metric to address racial and socioeconomic disparities - even Berkeley opposed it

This is what many, many people are upset about - an abuse of un-delegated power on an unprecedented scale.  Who exactly gave them the authority to even suggest such a thing?

33 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

But being upset with the governance doesn’t mean that this isn’t a serious public health issue. 

Of course.  Nor are they mutually exclusive.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This is what many, many people are upset about - an abuse of un-delegated power on an unprecedented scale.  Who exactly gave them the authority to even suggest such a thing?

I'd honestly be surprised if a single person on this board were in favor of that thing CA did, assuming it looks in practice as described by the poster. That's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

I do think you have to take 25% of those 210k deaths which were in nursing homes & assisted living facilities out to some degree as you can more easily lock down a nursing home by not allowing family members in, not transferring in recovering CV19 folks, testing workers regularly etc. Those deaths though I believe need to be removed when looking at public health go forward decisions as they aren't folks living in the "outside world" but frankly a result of just poor management and a lack of understanding of who is in far greater danger of dying from CV19 than not.

There needs to be a clear discussion on just what "safe" means: Is it a vaccine? Flattening the curve for hospitals? No or very low hospital admits? No or very low cases?

etc etc. This is root of issue IMO and where the "trust the science" folks run head long into the "muh rights" folks.

Challenge is it kills those that are old and those that are severely obese. I cannot imagine an American that doesn't know or interact with someone that is old or someone who is severely obese.  Severe obesity usually cuts across economic lines which in the US often manifest along ethnic lines as well. This is why you see headlines around people of color disproportionately being impacted by CV19 in terms of deaths. There is no easy way out of this as to truly get out of it will require sacrifice from all of us:

Those at lower risk - wear mask, wash your hands, maintain social distancing & avoid your elders and those who could be easily compromised

Those at higher risk - stay home, shelter in place, don't go to weddings or baseball tournaments etc

End of the day until someone comes out with a clear definition of "safe" we will be bouncing back and forth and part of the problem is both sides to some degree can be right on things and there has been such inconsistency from WHO, CDC & politicians throughout this pandemic that trust has been never lower.

Good times. Oh and lets not forget that Tom Herman sucks as a HC and the UT football program is chock full of stupid coaches and players.

Also, according to CDC website a couple of weeks ago, looks like we needed to add about 35,000 deaths to the official total.

3 hours ago, Somnio said:

Yes, as that means roughly 1 person dies out of every 750 whom have contracted Covid-19.  That seems.... not very bad.

I am aware death rate is not the only factor to examine, but it may be time to realize we may have overreacted just a bit.

We are nearly a year into this pandemic now, and it seems clear to me this is not anything near as terrible as the Spanish Flu, nor the Black Death.

Maybe it really is just a new, slightly worse strain of the common cold?

So..... no bodies in the trees then?

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Why is it that nobody addressed the nation’s vitamin deficiency problem?  We cannot control who lives or dies from this virus.  But, we can take preventative measures.  Since the beginning of this crap I’ve been taking Vitamin D, calcium and zinc.  Should have been taking it anyway, but I had to go outside the scope of the mainstream narrative to find this information.  Why is that?

Taking vitamins might help boost your immune system?  Who fucking knew? 

One of the parents at my kids' school is also caught up in this Q-anon bullshit.  We've had many discussions about this, and it's like trying to deprogram a cult member.   She didn't even know what Q-anon is or that this it is the origin of this nonsense bullshit.  She just got caught up in it thanks to being a Trump support on Facebook.  The algorithm finds its people.  I don't think it's too big of a leap to assume you are also an anti-vaxxer.   By all means, take your vitamins.  But don't be a dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Also, according to CDC website a couple of weeks ago, looks like we needed to add about 35,000 deaths to the official total.

I don’t doubt at all that’s the case. 
just think that using numbers from nursing homes is tricky in terms of go forward “schools/workforce opening” public health decisions. Not saying that these deaths shouldn’t count vs totals. 

20 minutes ago, rantanamo said:

Wasnt this disproven months ago?  The levels you would need to be effective are unhealthy.  

From the Mayo Clinic, but what do those assholes know?

• Supplements. Many people take vitamin C, zinc, green tea or echinacea to boost their immune systems. But these supplements are unlikely to affect your immune function or prevent you from getting sick. The supplement colloidal silver, which has been marketed as a COVID-19 treatment, isn’t safe or effective for treating any disease. Oleandrin, an extract from the toxic oleander plant, is poisonous and shouldn’t be taken as a supplement or home remedy.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-myths/art-20485720

The real irony for the "zinc cures everything" crowd is that overdoing zinc for a prolonged period may in fact reduce immune function.  There are a bevy of other side effects to go along with it.

Edited by Samson's Wig

Interesting study.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1502/5917573

Click the PDF link for the full article.

Cliff's notes:

- Well-done statistical study of what happens to R value of case spread before and after relaxation of social distancing laws/policies. Shows that R value goes up predictably and reliably afterwards. Done by a bunch of orgs out of Boston including Harvard.
- Doesn't account for deaths or decreasing morbidity, just that relaxation of social distancing = increased R value.
- The areas that did the best after relaxation of guidelines were Connecticut, DC, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York and Vermont

This would certainly disprove the "it does what it does no use trying to slow it down" notion. I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of those folks, although I'm fairly sure they aren't going to read it. 

I still think we should continue to open up with mask mandates, but it does appear to disprove some of the bad/anti-science that's floating around the internet.

• Hook 'Em 2

Rose Garden thing keeps spreading

1. POTUS (Tested positive last Thursday)
  2. FLOTUS (Tested positive last Thursday)
  3. Notre Dame President Rev. John Jenkins
  4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Senator Ron Johnson
  7. Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel
  8. Hope Hicks (Tested positive last Wednesday)
  9. Kellyanne Conway
  10. Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien
  11. Trump debate prep team member Jason Miller
  12. Low-level White House staffer
  13. White House Press Pool Journalist 
  14. White House Press Pool Journalist 
  15. White House Press Pool Journalist 
  16. Chris Christie 
  17. Staffer involved with debate prep
  18. Staffer involved with debate prep
  19. Staffer involved with debate prep
  20. Staffer involved with debate prep
  21. Staffer involved with debate prep
  22. 2020 UT Longhorns football staff (on experimental drugs that impairs judgement)
  23. Nicholas Luna, personal assistant to POTUS (the fabled "body man" you hear about) (Tested positive Oct 3)
  24. White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany (Tested positive Oct 5?)
  25. White House press secretary assistant Chad Gilmartin(Tested positive Oct 5?)
  26. White House press secretary assistant Karoline Leavitt(Tested positive Oct 5?)
  27. White House residence staff member (housekeeping, third floor, no direct contact with POTUS/FLOTUS)
  28. White House residence staff member (housekeeping, third floor, no direct contact with POTUS/FLOTUS)
  29. Stephen Miller (tested positive Oct. 5)
  30. US Coast Guard Lt. Cdr. Jayna McCarron, White House Military Office aide, carries the "Football" (tested positive early Oct.)
  31. Unnamed military aide to the White House ("valet") (tested positive early Oct.)

So these folks who are testing positive over a week after the Rose Garden, and a week to the day after the debate prep, these folks are in the second round, and being infected by those who were at the Rose Garden/debate prep, right?  We aren't still seeing people being asymptomatic 7-9 days later, are we?  

I mean, I know it's possible, but like the press secretary and her assistants, they wouldn't keep testing positive day-after-day and then all of the sudden all three test positive the same day, 8-9 days after the Rose Garden?   Seems like if all three were exposed at the Rose Garden, at least one of them would have tested positive prior to yesterday.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm told that these people are tougher than regular Americans.  They can acquire and defeat the virus.  Why isn't medical science looking at their DNA to learn how to defeat Covid-19 which is the purpose of this thread...to track and modify behaviors...no?  

3 hours ago, We’reTexas said:

(I shit you not that the CA reopening plan now has a health equity metric to address racial and socioeconomic disparities - even Berkeley opposed it). 

Original Post

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

"I have no idea what this is but is abusive on unprecedented scale!"

3 hours ago, BradInATX said:

I'd honestly be surprised if a single person on this board were in favor of that thing CA did, assuming it looks in practice as described by the poster. That's ridiculous.

What was even described? How can you be in favor or opposed to the original post?

For actual detail, the state recognizes that poor (e.g. mostly minority areas) have higher positivity rates, have higher impact caused by lack of savings, and tend to work in jobs that can't be done at home. As a result, as part of re-opening, larger counties have to specifically include testing/validation targeting the areas with most impact. Decent article here (LA Times). You can still be for or against this, but at least do 2 minutes of searching before outrage.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Original Post

"I have no idea what this is but is abusive on unprecedented scale!"

What was even described? How can you be in favor or opposed to the original post?

For actual detail, the state recognizes that poor (e.g. mostly minority areas) have higher positivity rates, have higher impact caused by lack of savings, and tend to work in jobs that can't be done at home. As a result, as part of re-opening, larger counties have to specifically include testing/validation targeting the areas with most impact. Decent article here (LA Times). You can still be for or against this, but at least do 2 minutes of searching before outrage.

That’s fair. I should have provided some detail, but I was simply illustrating my point that public health officials have frequently acted without regard for broader consequences and without check by elected officials. I don’t think anyone would argue health equity isn’t important, but I don’t think now is the time to solve decades of systematic inequities while small businesses are on the brink (and my understanding is the new metric could have been much more forceful). For example, the poorest neighborhoods in Alameda County are at about the 3x the county rate - that could seriously impede reopening and I’m not sure at what benefit to hit the 5% mark. And my only point here is that it’s possible to have an actual discussion over this while recognizing that the virus is not an Obama hoax. 

7 hours ago, Somnio said:

Yes, as that means roughly 1 person dies out of every 750 whom have contracted Covid-19.  That seems.... not very bad.

I am aware death rate is not the only factor to examine, but it may be time to realize we may have overreacted just a bit.

We are nearly a year into this pandemic now, and it seems clear to me this is not anything near as terrible as the Spanish Flu, nor the Black Death.

Maybe it really is just a new, slightly worse strain of the common cold?

So trump went to the hospital because he had a common cold? 

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Rose Garden thing keeps spreading

4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Senator Ron Johnson
  7. Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel
  9. Kellyanne Conway
  16. Chris Christie 
  22. 2020 UT Longhorns football staff (on experimental drugs that impairs judgement)
  23. Nicholas Luna, personal assistant to POTUS (the fabled "body man" you hear about) (Tested positive Oct 3)
  25. White House press secretary assistant Chad Gilmartin(Tested positive Oct 5?)
  26. White House press secretary assistant Karoline Leavitt(Tested positive Oct 5?)
  27. White House residence staff member (housekeeping, third floor, no direct contact with POTUS/FLOTUS)
  28. White House residence staff member (housekeeping, third floor, no direct contact with POTUS/FLOTUS)
  29. Stephen Miller (tested positive Oct. 5)
  30. US Coast Guard Lt. Cdr. Jayna McCarron, White House Military Office aide, carries the "Football" (tested positive early Oct.)
  31. Unnamed military aide to the White House ("valet") (tested positive early Oct.)

So these folks who are testing positive over a week after the Rose Garden, and a week to the day after the debate prep, these folks are in the second round, and being infected by those who were at the Rose Garden/debate prep, right?  We aren't still seeing people being asymptomatic 7-9 days later, are we?  

I mean, I know it's possible, but like the press secretary and her assistants, they wouldn't keep testing positive day-after-day and then all of the sudden all three test positive the same day, 8-9 days after the Rose Garden?   Seems like if all three were exposed at the Rose Garden, at least one of them would have tested positive prior to yesterday.

Maybe they all just got the flu all at the same time instead of the hoax? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump received experimental treatment drugs not available to most people, got checked into Walter Read hospital, had chest and lung x rays that we still don’t know the results of, was administered steroids, because he had a simple bout of the flu? Are you guys serious? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Because Donald Trump is the president and only cares about winning his re-election and nothing else? (No politics)

4. Senator Mike Lee
  5. Senator Thom Tillis
  6. Senator Ron Johnson
  7. RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel
  9. Kellyanne Conway
  16. Chris Christie 
  27. White House press secretary assistant (Tested positive Oct 6?)
  28. White House press secretary assistant (Tested positive Oct 6?)
  29. White House residence staff member (housekeeping, third floor, no direct contact with POTUS/FLOTUS)
  30. White House residence staff member (housekeeping, third floor, no direct contact with POTUS/FLOTUS)
  31. Stephen Miller (tested positive Oct. 5)
  32. US Coast Guard Lt. Cdr. Jayna McCarron, White House Military Office aide, carries the "Football" (tested positive early Oct.)
  33. Unnamed military aide to the White House ("valet") (tested positive early Oct.)

Two more press secretary assistants have it, making 4.

Somebody is tracking this event, here's a brief glimpse of tracing events (CDC is not going to trace this event).

spacer.png

Link for everybody:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/peter.james.walker#!/vizhome/COVID-19attheWhiteHouse-ContactTracking/ByEvent

Edited by atomheartbevo

Friend sent this link. Good buy if you’re wanting to have N95 masks on hand for the present and/or future. Best price I’ve seen since the pandemic started...as long as it still shows sale price.

https://www.industrialsafetyproducts.com/3m-8511-cool-flow-particulate-n95-respirator-with-valve-box-10-with-3-face-shields-fda-registered/

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump received experimental treatment drugs not available to most people, got checked into Walter Read hospital, had chest and lung x rays that we still don’t know the results of, was administered steroids, because he had a simple bout of the flu? Are you guys serious? 

Roids are the best treatment.  This is known.  Nothing new here. 

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck you, F&M.

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

Fuck you too though. 

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Added the F&M reference for clarity.  That someone has the gall and/or staggering lack of IQ points to post that bullshittery.  That's ignorance rising to the level of evil.

But, I mean, yeah, fuck you too.  Because Surly.

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Anybody else picturing Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America" indiscriminately shouting to every other balcony..."Yes!  Yes!  And fuck you too!"  

8 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Fuck you too, bitch.

D361D9A3-A466-4A7D-819B-137B6CF983A4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

So China developed the virus in a secret lab and then led it spread to the United States, and now it's infected dozens of key White House personnel, including the President?

What some of you are describing is an act of biological warfare.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So China developed the virus in a secret lab and then led it spread to the United States, and now it's infected dozens of key White House personnel, including the President?

pangolins dude pangolins...

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

House of Cards Series 7 is lit.

16 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Interesting study.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1502/5917573

Click the PDF link for the full article.

Cliff's notes:

- Well-done statistical study of what happens to R value of case spread before and after relaxation of social distancing laws/policies. Shows that R value goes up predictably and reliably afterwards. Done by a bunch of orgs out of Boston including Harvard.
- Doesn't account for deaths or decreasing morbidity, just that relaxation of social distancing = increased R value.
- The areas that did the best after relaxation of guidelines were Connecticut, DC, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York and Vermont

This would certainly disprove the "it does what it does no use trying to slow it down" notion. I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of those folks, although I'm fairly sure they aren't going to read it. 

I still think we should continue to open up with mask mandates, but it does appear to disprove some of the bad/anti-science that's floating around the internet.

Thanks for sharing. 

I really dislike how they mention concern about overwhelming local hospital capacity again and it still driving decision making. I don’t see that as a valid concern.  Looking at Europe’s second wave, daily deaths are still a small fraction of the Spring peaks. I haven’t seen hospitalization data, but it makes sense that it is far lower as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away