Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Which one of you is this

Brandon, you brainless shitstain. I have been to Texas games all over the country. I always have to pay whatever the ticket costs plus my own travel expenses. The only break I ever got was when I had a friend on the team and stayed in a player's room for the 2004 Rose Bowl (and of course got complimentary tickets).  The ticket office does not give a shit about the cost of tickets, and cannot help with that, and the AD will not. Those of us with season tickets have already paid for them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Brandon, you brainless shitstain. I have been to Texas games all over the country. I always have to pay whatever the ticket costs plus my own travel expenses. The only break I ever got was when I had a friend on the team and stayed in a player's room for the 2004 Rose Bowl (and of course got complimentary tickets).  The ticket office does not give a shit about the cost of tickets, and cannot help with that, and the AD will not. Those of us with season tickets have already paid for them.

I began to understand how UT Austin worked when an older alum explained, "If you want The University of Texas to take your phone call, don't tell them you want to donate your oil royalty checks. They won't care until you are willing to donate the entire well."

He wasn't kidding.

Brandon has no clue. If thinks $400/ticket for the LSU game is nuts, he will choke if he finds out how one has to spend to get "free" tickets to a game such as LSU.

• Like 1

Fans tweeting at Del Conte about a grass field. He says he's a fan but it's the coaches decision.

Can anyone explain this? I don't see what the shit of a difference it would make to a fan. The 55-year old white dude who tweeted Del Conte sure as shit ain't gonna be lacing 'em up on Saturdays so what difference would it make to him? Is it some nostalgia/purist shit or what?

25 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Fans tweeting at Del Conte about a grass field. He says he's a fan but it's the coaches decision.

Can anyone explain this? I don't see what the shit of a difference it would make to a fan. The 55-year old white dude who tweeted Del Conte sure as shit ain't gonna be lacing 'em up on Saturdays so what difference would it make to him? Is it some nostalgia/purist shit or what?

Our turf looks like shit though.

32 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Can anyone explain this? I don't see what the shit of a difference it would make to a fan.

I've never understood it, either. Our grass was utter shit when we pulled it up. What we have now (other than the "off" orange) looks and plays lightyears better than that. I'd much rather have turf. It's a consistent surface that isn't affected by weather or wear and tear. It makes better sense for us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I've never understood it, either. Our grass was utter shit when we pulled it up. What we have now (other than the "off" orange) looks and plays lightyears better than that. I'd much rather have turf. It's a consistent surface that isn't affected by weather or wear and tear. It makes better sense for us.

we oughta have a dome too

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

we oughta have a dome too

I don't think there's any comparison between a dome and turf. Turf doesn't impact the fans in any way. It's fucking stupid for people who aren't playing on it to demand grass "just because." Like demanding that other fans stand at a football game. Why?

1 hour ago, BayouBill said:

This is the whitest thing I've ever seen.

All German, English, & french.... and proud of it. Although we don’t talk about the french branch too much. In fact we don’t much about any of those forbearers and where they came from.  Probably a bunch of assholes.

Only one Meskin in the family, but she is very rude. (No pics).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

This shit is so irritating to me. Get your shit together and buy a ticket. Yes they’re expensive. There’s a reason. Not everyone is lucky enough to attend Texas games. 

No, no, no, you don't understand. He's lesser fortunate. He's probably flying coach, and everything.

4 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

This shit is so irritating to me. Get your shit together and buy a ticket. Yes they’re expensive. There’s a reason. Not everyone is lucky enough to attend Texas games. 

You sound like an elitist...  I’m kidding, I bought mine on Surly.   

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Seems to be doing a much better job at student engagement overall than anyone since I’ve been a student. 

The first year I was out of school going back for USC was a night and day difference in culture and feeling from my senior year. Also got a picture with him and to talk with him for a few minutes on Bevo Blvd. He straight up told a relatively senior looking university employee to wait a second while he finished talking to me when the employee wanted to interrupt and presumably pull him away for something important. I at the time was just some random 22 year old who he had no reason to care about, but did when I randomly approached him on Bevo Blvd. Don't think any other AD would have done that. Amazing engagement and amazing vision. I want him until he wants to retire. Perhaps a little past then.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thx to @Machinator for this IT note:

CIGAR NOTE

Football season means a lot of things for a lot of people. For Chris Del Conte it means he'll be inundated with the dumbest, most minute comments imaginable concerning the fan experience. His accessibility on Twitter, as well as the much improved game day atmosphere, will remind everyone what type of guy is in charge of the Athletic Department. 

Here's another reminder. Currently Del Conte is overseeing seven (7!) facilities projects. Those are for football, basketball, swimming, diving, track and field, golf, and I believe softball. Eddie Reese was promised an outdoor pool even before the @wethorn years that he's just now getting. 

Those projects require money, which apparently isn't all that scarce. I've heard Del Conte and those whose job it is to do so, raised $100 million dollars in the last quarter. I'm not certain, but I believe this is in addition to the 8 founder's suites to be built during the DKR renovation that were sold at $10 million a pop. Those sold out in a few weeks. 

In typical modest fashion, Del Conte has coined his ability to raise money "The Herman Effect." Del Conte deserves much more of the credit than he'll take, but football being on the right trajectory is being noticed by wallets of all sizes.  

(Del Conte is a STUD!! 🤘)

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 11:44 AM, LTtxfan said:

Thx to @Machinator for this IT note:

CIGAR NOTE

Football season means a lot of things for a lot of people. For Chris Del Conte it means he'll be inundated with the dumbest, most minute comments imaginable concerning the fan experience. His accessibility on Twitter, as well as the much improved game day atmosphere, will remind everyone what type of guy is in charge of the Athletic Department. 

Here's another reminder. Currently Del Conte is overseeing seven (7!) facilities projects. Those are for football, basketball, swimming, diving, track and field, golf, and I believe softball. Eddie Reese was promised an outdoor pool even before the @wethorn years that he's just now getting. 

Those projects require money, which apparently isn't all that scarce. I've heard Del Conte and those whose job it is to do so, raised $100 million dollars in the last quarter. I'm not certain, but I believe this is in addition to the 8 founder's suites to be built during the DKR renovation that were sold at $10 million a pop. Those sold out in a few weeks. 

In typical modest fashion, Del Conte has coined his ability to raise money "The Herman Effect." Del Conte deserves much more of the credit than he'll take, but football being on the right trajectory is being noticed by wallets of all sizes.  

(Del Conte is a STUD!! 🤘)

Baseball???

On 8/9/2019 at 7:46 PM, TheFlyingBoat said:

The first year I was out of school going back for USC was a night and day difference in culture and feeling from my senior year. Also got a picture with him and to talk with him for a few minutes on Bevo Blvd. He straight up told a relatively senior looking university employee to wait a second while he finished talking to me when the employee wanted to interrupt and presumably pull him away for something important. I at the time was just some random 22 year old who he had no reason to care about, but did when I randomly approached him on Bevo Blvd. Don't think any other AD would have done that. Amazing engagement and amazing vision. I want him until he wants to retire. Perhaps a little past then.

Someone understands that among today's recent graduates are tomorrow's big cigars.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP