Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

They seem to be complaining because if they buy tickets with separate transactions, there's a possibility they won't be seated together. I say keep these rats of society separate so they can't breed. p.s. notantisemitic

Edited by Eggo
misspelled antisemitic

Del Conte signed himself up for this shit. I would've offloaded the twittering to some intern from the getgo. Of course, he might've done so and these dumb kids can whine about stupid shit to their heart's content to somebody pretending to be CDC.

Edited by Bevo14

It's been a long time so if I'm wrong please refresh my memory, but when I was an undergrad student at Texas in the early 90s, I recall being able to buy date tickets to home games plus TX-OU.  They cost more as I recall, but it could be done.  Right?

Now, I do understand that times have changed and that's no way to maximize revenue, but I don't believe it's a novel concept.

Just now, utee94 said:

It's been a long time so if I'm wrong please refresh my memory, but when I was an undergrad student at Texas in the early 90s, I recall being able to buy date tickets to home games plus TX-OU.  They cost more as I recall, but it could be done.  Right?

Now, I do understand that times have changed and that's no way to maximize revenue, but I don't believe it's a novel concept.

It all depends on demand. Ticket policies have been much stricter when we were good. 

If you graduated in 1994, there was often plenty of supply, even though Peter the Great owned the Sooners. We sucked.

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

It all depends on demand. Ticket policies have been much stricter when we were good. 

If you graduated in 1994, there was often plenty of supply, even though Peter the Great owned the Sooners. We sucked.

Exactly.  Hence my comment on maximizing revenue.

It's not that the athletics department couldn't do it, it's that they choose not to do it, for the sake of generating the maximum possible revenue.  I get it, that's what they're currently chartered to do, but it wasn't always that way, and it doesn't have to be that way.  It's a choice.

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Hell me and some buddies got 3 seats together on the 3rd row 50 right behind the Sooner bench for the Stony stop tie in 95.

Hell, we had goal line seats for that game. I basically had the same view as the tv broadcast. 

And fuck that whiny millennial Adam Bergman bitch. If he’s an upperclassman, he’s a millennial in my book. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

my first OU game, 1984's 15-15 tie in the rain... I laid the pipe to the girlfriend in the Castilian when I woke up... went and got beer while she "packed"... 

Drove her to West for her fucking  Kolache... took her the rest of the way to some south Dallas roadside cheap shit motel.. dropped her off and was at Fair Park an hour before kick off. 

Watched the entire game with a pal in the seat next to me in that monsoon, tailgated and went for beers on Commerce after for some fighting, and drove back to the motel to find her right where I left her some 8 hours before.. and she couldn't wait to see me to "go out" (cue the "she turned tricks in the hotel while I was gone jokes).. 

Bitches sure have changed. 

We only got one ticket and we were lucky to get it, and everything was aqua marine. 

15 hours ago, utee94 said:

We could buy date tickets for the OU game in the 1960s. I did a couple of times even though it was tough to come up with the extra  $4.

Y'all bitching and moaning about Millennials and Gen Z need to get a grip. You are looking at a couple of little bitches on Twitter and getting your panties in a bunch. There are tens of thousands of students at UT, don't act like a group that large of Boomers or Gen Xs would have any fewer assholes. 

2 minutes ago, Bolero88 said:

Y'all bitching and moaning about Millennials and Gen Z need to get a grip. You are looking at a couple of little bitches on Twitter and getting your panties in a bunch. There are tens of thousands of students at UT, don't act like a group that large of Boomers or Gen Xs would have any fewer assholes. 

Just look at this board on any given 3-and-out

• Like 3

On 6/4/2019 at 3:52 PM, Machinator said:

I maintain that CDC responds to these useless requests publicly to demonstrate to the fanbase what kind of shit he has to deal with on a daily basis, and why Rome wasn't built in a day.

I have thought this from Day 1 and is just another example of how this dude 100% understands what his job is all about. Fucking home run hire....

Edited by Ignatius

18 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I don’t remember the exact procedure, but there was one when I was a student. I camped out with my friends every year for OU tickets and I know I also got one for my GF because we always sat together. Camping out for OU tickets was almost as much fun as the game.

Back in the day, sports pass gave you access to the student football ticket allotment, a guest purchase, and the option to buy OU game. Allotment obviously was finite for all games, so you risked losing access to the games if everybody claimed allotment before you.

Freshman year, after UCLA in 97, there were no worries except the A&M game and the OU game. We camped for that to make sure we got tickets. We were sleeping on the NorthWest ramps and got the tickets without problem. Some walked to the end of the line that morning and got tickets but not many. We camped for most A&M tickets and skipped out on the OU tickets and we found it easier, better to find tickets on site or just walk in.

I remember walking up late one year, just plain forgot, and missing out on a fairly average opponent in 99 because the allotment was gone. That's how most games were, you just went whenever during the week and got your tickets because the allotment didn't typically run out until Friday, or even gameday for the Kansas games.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 1

fourth, in a year men's basketball didn't make the NCAA tournament and baseball was a fucking abortion

Honestly surprised to see A&M in the top 15, but that's probably because I just think of them as a fucking inbred backwater redneck shithole that doesn't pay any attention to anything other than next year in football, whereas in truth, they're a fucking inbred backwater redneck shithole that only pays a little attention to anything other than jacking off while dreaming about Jimbo's 20xx national championship

interesting also that Ohio State is dropping like a stone in those ratings the past few years

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Leaves Austin at 11, arrives Dallas at 7.  The more things change  . . . .   I think Amtrak can beat that, but not by much.

I blame the Co-eds. The Dean of Women’s Office let them take all the time they want to get ready. Some things never change.

On 6/28/2019 at 8:11 AM, SwanderedTalent said:

fourth, in a year men's basketball didn't make the NCAA tournament and baseball was a fucking abortion

Honestly surprised to see A&M in the top 15, but that's probably because I just think of them as a fucking inbred backwater redneck shithole that doesn't pay any attention to anything other than next year in football, whereas in truth, they're a fucking inbred backwater redneck shithole that only pays a little attention to anything other than jacking off while dreaming about Jimbo's 20xx national championship

interesting also that Ohio State is dropping like a stone in those ratings the past few years

I’ll take 4th considering we don’t have water polo, lacrosse,  men’s volleyball, or wrestling.  

On 6/28/2019 at 10:11 AM, SwanderedTalent said:

Okay, first of all, aggy is, in fact, a fucking inbred backwater redneck shithole, which should go without saying , so there you have it. But the reality is, they pay attention to every sport imaginable. They are bad at practically all of them, true, but that doesn't mean they don't pay attention. And given that, they end up being mediocre often enough and consistently enough, that they rank higher on these aggregation awards than they would on anything individually. So... yay mediocrity?

If you're into being mediocre in an inbred backwater redneck shithole, anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Or men's soccer, or gymnastics, or beach volleyball...

Yeah, I don’t have the full list.  All I know is that schools like Stanford have something like 30 varsity sports while Texas has under 20.  We start at a severe disadvantage to those schools in terms of the scoring model but somehow manage to compete.