Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

14 minutes ago, Tailleur17 said:

Jesus our new uniforms are candied up dogshit. VY would not be pleased.

I love how the difference between the uniforms that we want and the uniforms that we have, yet hate is pretty minuscule (compared to the uniform changes other teams undergo literally from game to game).  This is Texas. There’s only one way to do it, the right way. 

Wonder what would happen if CDC came in and announced diamond plate, matte black helmets, oversized cartoon Bevo on the helmets and other such nonsense?  

But yeah, it bottles the mind.  Uniform guys got one job, get the color right. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I love how the difference between the uniforms that we want and the uniforms that we have, yet hate is pretty minuscule (compared to the uniform changes other teams undergo literally from game to game).  This is Texas. There’s only one way to do it, the right way. 

Wonder what would happen if CDC came in and announced diamond plate, matte black helmets, oversized cartoon Bevo on the helmets and other such nonsense?  

But yeah, it bottles the mind.  Uniform guys got one job, get the color right. 

This reminds me of other forms of corporate stupidity. I once sat in an hour meeting in a fortune 50 organization while the marketing department talked about a 6 month project that concluded in changing the font ever so slightly for the corporate logo. How it conveyed this and that. I walked out marveling at the minutia that justifies these dipshits being on staff.

/end rant

46 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Glad he and Tom support LJH.  Hope longhorn football loses its ass just like the NFL is.  I’m done.  Fuck this team and the pussy crybaby losers that play for it.  

So you’re taking your toys and going home because one player posts something on social media you don’t like that I believe was part of a class project. You know that whole student part of being a student athlete. Or was it that his coach and AD didn’t admonish him for having an opinion you disagree with? And lolz at the NFL losing its ass. Yeah those billions have all dried up from the thousands who stopped watching. Never mind the NFL still had the highest ratings of any broadcast TV this TV season.

Edited by mdmost

47 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Glad he and Tom support LJH.  Hope longhorn football loses its ass just like the NFL is.  I’m done.  Fuck this team and the pussy crybaby losers that play for it.  

Good God.  Overreact much? If you are going to quit on the Horns over something so trivial, good riddance.  You were a pussy fan to begin with.

50 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Is this some sort of performative irony?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nope said:

Not to CR this thread up but I don’t see a lie...

Seems like a pretty dumb thing to get upset over.

I guess I wouldn’t say “lie” but unless I remember history differently than LJH, the slavery I learned about wasn’t optional and there weren’t tens of thousands of young men who would gladly take his spot if he vacated it. I would describe it as a very tough internship that works out very well for the employer, but where very few of the interns end up getting a job. 

Doesnt matter. I’m a LJH fan and he’s got a right to his opinion and views 

• Like 1

With a high profile program such as this the fact that the color is wrong is no accident. Someone wants us to go away from burnt orange and trend towards bright orange. Who is this idiot?

Probably the kids they recruit and the kids who play for Texas.

8 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Probably the kids they recruit and the kids who play for Texas.

They probably want matte black diamond plate too. That’s why the pride and tradition  of the Texas Longhorns should not be entrusted to millennials. 

CDC seems like the “cool” bass playing dean on the episode of the Simpsons where Homer went back to college.  He’s probably down for a jam session or just playing so hacky sack. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1