Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

I was in section 116 and have been sitting there for years, and I agree that it was significantly louder than usual. Band and crowd sounded great, but any noise that came out of the speakers was unbearable. It got to the point where my group would cover their ears anytime music was played because it was so damn annoying. Really hurt the game-day experience.

No idea what it sounds like in the bowl, but music blasting to the point where it strains the speakers and makes the actual song only like half discernable ain't the move. I get wanting to create a party atmosphere, but even the clubs downtown aren't this bad. I am also younger than 30 years old, so definitely not an old.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TX Wing Fan said:

I was in section 116 and have been sitting there for years, and I agree that it was significantly louder than usual. Band and crowd sounded great, but any noise that came out of the speakers was unbearable. It got to the point where my group would cover their ears anytime music was played because it was so damn annoying. Really hurt the game-day experience.

No idea what it sounds like in the bowl, but music blasting to the point where it strains the speakers and makes the actual song only like half discernable ain't the move. I get wanting to create a party atmosphere, but even the clubs downtown aren't this bad. I am also younger than 30 years old, so definitely not an old.

No, no, no.... @BurntOrange&White says it's fine, so it's fine. Kwitcherbitchin'.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

My normal feedback was given.  One of these days they will listen

60CD3D17-E5F7-4206-9766-BEA9FA0CBB8D_1_101_o.thumb.jpeg.bd64bb5ffb417fc4379a54ea5d0a3d43.jpeg

I wish we could attach a file with a super loud video of a Taco Bell ad blaring in their eardrums playing over and over again each time they read the feedback to understand what it’s like.

42 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

My normal feedback was given.  One of these days they will listen

60CD3D17-E5F7-4206-9766-BEA9FA0CBB8D_1_101_o.thumb.jpeg.bd64bb5ffb417fc4379a54ea5d0a3d43.jpeg

You forgot to answer the last question. 

"What was your favorite moment from Texas Football gameday?"

"Several. Every time I thought about what it would be like if you fired Bob Cole."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Is there no limit to how loud it needs to be?
It's annoying as fuck.  It's like our whole in-stadium experience has been re-set to try to manufacture excitement via the PA.

It goes to 11. Whole parts of the music were crackling because it couldnt handle it. Total bullshit.

Why the best gameday experience is at the Cotton Bowl.

40 minutes ago, Pods said:

"The pride and winning tradition of The University of Texas will not be entrusted to the weak or the timid, but it will be entrusted to the awful and annoying, especially in the cases of Bob Cole and Lowell Galindo."

Speaking of Lowell Galindo…. Next weeks game against Wyoming is on the LHN and the only game to be broadcast on LHN this season.   Hopefully this will be Lowell’s last ever game he calls for the Horns.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Sept 7th...  Posting here since politics

Governor Greg Abbott Joins On Texas Football! | NIL | SEC | Alabama | School Choice

I don’t know what’s funnier- Bobby trying to soften the question by saying high school coaches are “split” on the topic of school choose, or Abbott claiming that good athletes will play for their local school, and then name checking SOC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1. Texas 

The Longhorns are arguably college football’s most iconic program and they will be joining the SEC next season and will have the opportunity to compete alongside Alabama and LSU. When Texas enters the conference, it could outpace every team in the country and a $110.9 million profit proves that. After winning only one national title in a decade, Texas remains king in college football after bringing in $161.5 million and spending $50.6 million. 

Edited by LTtxfan

On 9/7/2023 at 3:45 PM, LTtxfan said:

Sept 7th...  Posting here since politics

Governor Greg Abbott Joins On Texas Football! | NIL | SEC | Alabama | School Choice

If he is so proud to be a UT alum, then why is he trying so hard to dismantle everything that makes it great?  Fuck all of the douchebag politicians jumping on the Longhorn bandwagon to pander for votes.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Halohal said:

Glad to see he still checks his twitter. Hope there's resolution here.  

Why did they just sit there and watch?  You can push down on the sprinklers and if you didn't want to do that.  There are at least 4 fucking coolers in that picture.  Put the cooler over the sprinklers 

• Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Halohal said:

Glad to see he still checks his twitter. Hope there's resolution here.  

He's on it every day, the reason that song "if you're going to play in Texas" is played, is because people asked him on Twitter about it. He also deals with parents whose little ones didn't get the seat they wanted, presumably because they were late to the game and didn't want to sit in the upper deck. So daddy hits CDC on Twitter telling CDC his staff needs to do better. It's crazy the amount of shit he deals with just on Twitter. Our old AD would have told daddy to get fucked. 

We need to recognize how good we have it with him and stop acting like a bunch of bitches, complaining non stop to him about the dumbest shit. I would lose my damn mind having to deal with a quarter of the shit he deals with. 

• Hook 'Em 8

8 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If he didn't have to deal with all of these bitches petty shit, maybe he would have time to turn down the volume on the Godzillatron, find some decent music, and fire Bob Cole.  You pussy's quit sending him messages for a week, and let's see him get some shit done.

Perhaps we should all focus on sending CDC a "Bob Cole is not our standard" message this week?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If he didn't have to deal with all of these bitches petty shit, maybe he would have time to turn down the volume on the Godzillatron, find some decent music, and fire Bob Cole.  You pussy's quit sending him messages for a week, and let's see him get some shit done.

I made it to my first game at DKR in a while last night.

Yeah, they need to turn the sound down a good bit.

Also, that guy on the microphone talking the entire time through pregame and trying to manufacture cheers was annoying.

27 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Perhaps we should all focus on sending CDC a "Bob Cole is not our standard" message this week?

Please do that.  I'm going to my first home game in about 5 years in October and it sounds really bad according to all the stuff you guy's have posted lately.  My daughter is coming to visit and wanted to go see a game and sit where we used to have season tickets from 2005-2014.

I didn't realize how bad things have gotten until I started reading the stuff on here, and then the LHN game seemed to pick up every bit of the piped-in extra stuff.  I didn't notice it watching Rice, but this last game it was evident.  I am interested in what the light show stuff looks like in person though.  On TV it looks like the stadium didn't pay their electric bill.  That pic of Bevo posted earlier is exactly what I'm talking about.