The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

4 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

You are right and I also do not know how specifically it compares. I have not been able to find much on the subject. I would like to learn more on it to see if it’s truly comparable. One thing though is that they won’t have the supremely low wheel speed modulation that the lower gearing allows to crawl over objects. Nobody is going to be rock crawling in this thing though so it probably won’t matter.

But, this has 3 motors, which is why I assume it will have the traditional drive unit in the rear, which will mean it cannot take advantage of that torque vectoring like the Rivian can (except possibly in the front).

I think mechanically or dynamically, it will be able to crawl just fine.  But the throttle response would be soo different from a combustion-engine 4WD vehicle.  But, again, software could come to the rescue there with a different throttle-response curve.

Forward and rearward visibility even more compromised than I thought. 

And a dumb steering wheel. 

I don't know what to make of the "is the dash real marble?" comment - seems like it's an imprudent substance to make a dashboard out of, whatever it is. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

If you're not sick of my car sagas, more hijinks continued.

After a long lull in any new cars appearing in inventory on the Tesla website, a handful of them appeared yesterday.  As I've been waiting 2 months for a gray one with no known delivery date, I said fuck it and decided to snap up the available blue one instead.  Clicked on the Buy button, paid the deposit, and saw the new blue vehicle appear in my account (alongside the original gray order).

Flash forward this morning, I logged back on the website and the fucking blue one disappeared.  Credit card still shows the deposit charge. 

Took a trip to the store where they explained, based on their record, someone tried to buy that same blue car in the morning, their deposit had some issues, and it was eventually resolved and thus assigned/sold to that person.  great job of inventory management, guys.  Whatever.  They said sorry and to keep on waiting.

Tonight an even larger batch of cars popped up on the website.  Like 20 identical ones.  I chose one with the coolest VIN number and put in yet another deposit.  And when I "purchased" it, they actually provided estimated delivery date (around XMAS), which they didnt before.  So if the purchase works...merry christmas to me.  If not.... maybe ill just buy a fucking nissan leaf

I got to drive a DB 11 around a week or so for a cousin who wanted to get it out of the snow. It was very nice. Previous owner had put $18k of gold appointments under the hood. No idea why.

d90f9083ee1ebb6982fdce2915db102d.jpg

The trunk has just enough room for a music stand and evidently the previous owner’s shitty headgear.
9b4a68b3f515e5e7b1f94cf5280a3e61.jpg

09d026eca80f9bd196b5629e24f461bc.jpg

5cd373b456fecac6f9fcbcb8429599aa.jpg

Total dick magnet. Must’ve had twenty guys come talk to me about the car. Only chick who cared was best friends wife who wanted to take it around the block. Yeah I said it. Yeah, I let her.

• Like 5

I got to drive a DB 11 around a week or so for a cousin who wanted to get it out of the snow. It was very nice. Previous owner had put $18k of gold appointments under the hood. No idea why.

The trunk has just enough room for a music stand and evidently the previous owner’s shitty headgear.

Total dick magnet. Must’ve had twenty guys come talk to me about the car. Only chick who cared was best friends wife who wanted to take it around the block. Yeah I said it. Yeah, I let her.
Yeah, high school boys are the only ones who have ever recognized my car.

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Read more  

mm2.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Nothing top apologize for in that.

Now the Ultra?

Well...

Edited by Cajun

14 hours ago, Okie State said:

Well, he raised $20 MM in quick cash.

which is just about how much the SEC will fine him (same as last time), since hes not supposed to tweet about

• production numbers or sales or delivery numbers (whether actual, forecasted, or projected) that have not been previously published via pre-approved written communications issued by the Company (“Official Company Guidance”) or deviate from previously published Official Company Guidance;
  • projection, forecast, or estimate numbers regarding the Company’s business that have not been previously published in Official Company Guidance or deviate from previously published Official Company Guidance;