Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

The spot price of uranium is now $104/lb.  The price has doubled in a year.  Back in 2007-2008 when uranium climbed to $150/lb., UUUU spiked to $240/share.  I’m not saying that’s gonna happen this time, but I’m also not saying it won’t.  

I’m into it, but there has been dilution since then right? I’ll take $25 a share anytime now.

To be fair, it looks like Portnoy's cost would be about $6.25 at the time of the plunge so it looks like his dumbass has stumbled on to a profit for now. Reading up on this JBLU/SAVE fiasco a bit more, I'm jumping in with a little gamble as well. Yeah, its a shit airline that is  losing money, but that was the case before JBLU outmuscled  Frontier in the bidding. JBLU offered all cash, while Frontier's offer was a mix of stock and cash for a total valuation of $2.65B. That's about 4X SAVE's current market cap.

I just closed out some TSLA puts for a profit, so I'm in for a couple hundred shares at $7 and immediately sold 2/16 $7.5C for $1.25, bringing my cost down to $5.75. If they get exercised, its a 30% return. If they don't get exercised, rinse and repeat on those covered calls. I have a feeling this could become one of those meme stocks with associated volatility. 

Narrator: Those calls weren't in fact exercised because Spirit immediately declared bankruptcy and he lost the entirety of his gamble. Which he deserves for being on the same side of a bet as Portnoy. Dumbass. 

Dec 22, 2023
Energy Fuels UUUU 
Uranium production timeline accelerates with uranium price spike.
Energy Fuels announces that is has commenced production at three mines. During the third-quarter earnings' discussion six weeks ago, management indicated that it was hiring personnel and upgrading facilities at four mines with plans to restart production at one or two of
the mines in 2024. Today's announcement would appear to be an acceleration of previous plans. Management also indicated previously that it plans to produce 1,000,000 lbs of uranium in 2024 and stockpile the uranium until a mil campaign is completed in late 2024 or early 2025 tI is unclear whether these plans have changed in light of today's announcement.
Target Price $10.00
Market Capitalization 1.22B
Shares Outstanding 161.25M
Float 158.41M
institutional Holdings 53.25%
12-Month Low/High $4.85/$ 9.03
Average 90-Day Volume 2510000
Fiscal Year End 12/31/2023

Uranium prices are surging. Uranium prices were below $40/Ib. most of the last ten years causing domestic producers to idle production. Prices started to rise ing 2022 reaching a price in the mid seventies just six weeks ago. Since then, uranium prices have soared to a level near $90/ib. It has been our investment premise that cheap uranium from Kazakhstan sold on spot would eventually dry up, and that when that happened, uranium prices would rise quickly. With utilities (and the government) now rushing to shore up supply, the log jam appears to have been broken.
Energy Fuels is not alone in starting up production, but it is the largest. Energy Fuels and its White Mesa Mil in Utah is in the best position to produce large quantities of uranium quickly. Management believes ti can produce 2 million ibs. of uranium and is licensed to produce 8 milion Ibs. annually. Other facilities boost Energy Fuels total licensed capacity to 10 million. Other producers such as enCore (licensed to produce 3.6 million Ibs.) andPeninsula Energy: (3.0 million Ibs.) have also announced plans to restart operations, but wil most likely be smaller and later than Energy Fuels.
We are reiterating our Outperform rating and our $10 price target. Energy Fuels is not just a uranium story. However, a return ot uranium production and sales at prices above production costs wil be the primary driver for near-term stock price appreciation. We believe the recent strength in uranium prices has legs and that a return to production will be well rewarded.

*This report is from Noble Research.  Thought I’d share.  And I did not take a position in UUUU to sell at $10.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1px.png
326bb9da9b434cb3c2ec530adbec20fc.png

News Release - January 23, 2024

RecycLiCo Battery Materials Announces Zarko Meseldzija to Step Down from CEO and Board Positions

January 23, 2024 - Surrey, B.C. Canada 

RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. (“RecycLiCo” or the “Company”), TSX.V: AMY, OTCQB: AMYZF, FSE: ID4, announced today that Zarko Meseldzija will be stepping down from his roles as Chief Executive Officer of the Company and as a member of the Company’s Board of Directors. 

The Board has begun searching for a successor to lead the Company in its growth phase to become a leading supplier of sustainable lithium-ion battery recycling technology. Mr. Meseldzija will remain with the Company through February 29, 2024and will be assisting with the transition process, which is not expected to have any adverse impact on the Company’s project timelines or day-to-day operations.

Paul Hildebrand, the Chairman of the Board said, “Zarko has been an integral part of RecycLiCo's journey. We are grateful for his service and wish him well in his future endeavors.”

About RecycLiCo

RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. is a battery materials company specializing in sustainable lithium-ion battery recycling and materials production. RecycLiCo has developed advanced technologies that efficiently recover battery-grade materials from lithium-ion batteries, addressing the global demand for environmentally friendly solutions in energy storage. With minimal processing steps and up to 99% extraction of lithium, cobalt, nickel, and manganese, the patented, closed-loop hydrometallurgical process turns lithium-ion battery waste into battery-grade cathode precursor, lithium hydroxide, and lithium carbonate for direct integration into the re-manufacturing of new lithium-ion batteries.

AMYZF didn’t crater with this news.  My take is a large investor put pressure on the company to get its shit in gear.

48 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

AMYZF didn’t crater with this news.  My take is a large investor put pressure on the company to get its shit in gear.

You're throwing that word around pretty loosely. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

AMY has cratered so far, the remaining fall from here is not very far. OR are you saying this is the time go quadruple down and lower the average cost of my AMY?

OR OR could it be nobody is listening, because nobody cares anymore??

Edited by Wally Fairway

The last financial report (for qtr ended 10/31/23) can be found here: https://recyclico.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/RBM-10-31-2023-Q1-Financial-Statements.pdf

Unless I'm missing something(Pg 15), the entirety of the company payroll for the quarter was $12K. Its tough to support too many employees with a $4K per month payroll. I'm not sure what the fuck the point of this company is, except to issue OTC stock every few years and milk that until its time to issue more stock. 

image.png.28354c27cedcd1a957cf705ba5092b0c.png

The last financial report (for qtr ended 10/31/23) can be found here: https://recyclico.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/RBM-10-31-2023-Q1-Financial-Statements.pdf
Unless I'm missing something(Pg 15), the entirety of the company payroll for the quarter was $12K. Its tough to support too many employees with a $4K per month payroll. I'm not sure what the fuck the point of this company is, except to issue OTC stock every few years and milk that until its time to issue more stock. 

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Blotto said:

You are missing 2 things

a) this is the amount owed at that end of 10/31/2023 related to payroll - so it could be a weeks payroll, or taxes on a weeks payroll, or something else payroll related. But it is not the amount of payroll expense for the period.

ii) this is Canadian Dollars so that payable is like $9,000 US dollars

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Here is what they spent during that quarter

image.png.9be15a403e7754098d2436f80c16e8bf.png

Let's be careful here - it looks like there could be some actual due diligence and research going on right here.
We don't want to be those kind of investors gamblers

Edited by Wally Fairway
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

Here is what they spent during that quarter

image.png.9be15a403e7754098d2436f80c16e8bf.png

Gotcha....thats what I get for quickly skimming. Still that translates to a monthly run-rate of under $27K  (USD) for payroll and benefits. How  many skilled scientists/engineers/technicians can you support on that? Although it does seem order of magnitude correct for this powerhouse team: https://recyclico.com/team/

Zarko was part of the engineering and process development for AMYZF’s pilot plant.  I believe the board realized they need a person to lead the company who is more of a business development type.  Most green energy stocks are suffering right now, and that includes EV stuff. However, assuming the governments around the world are going to keep pushing it, AMY’s battery recycling process is among the best I have seen, and there should be a place for it.

Edited by Harrison Stafford

9 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Let's be careful here - it looks like there could be some actual due diligence and research going on right here.
We don't want to be those kind of investors gamblers

Hear, hear.  What kind of thread do you charlatans think you are in?

20 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

AMY has cratered so far, the remaining fall from here is not very far. OR are you saying this is the time go quadruple down and lower the average cost of my AMY?

OR OR could it be nobody is listening, because nobody cares anymore??

NO, hell no, I will break your hands if you fucking do this again
(then again, I did lower my average cost by almost 50% on a 5.% increase in the overall investment)

{insert burning money gif}

21 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

So $10k next month , throw it away on UUUU or IBRX?

What say the Surly Stonks throw your money out the window group?

yes, I know this is just opinions, no financial accountability or liability, no repercussions and no prison time if things shit the bed. 

full

Edited by nineliveslost
forgot a fucking U

IBRX’s PDUFA date is in April unless the FDA has decided to go ahead and approve Anktiva…which would be just dandy.  Where there’s success, we’ll see more and more pharmaceutical commercial teams promoting Anktiva as a combination therapy. No idea how big this can be.  GERN has been been notified there will be an Adcom board established to make a recommendation to the FDA regarding Imetelstat.  Boom Shaka Laka Laka.

The Senate border bill released Sunday night, includes $2.72 billion in unspent grant funding for domestic uranium enrichment, with the goal of bolstering nuclear fuel development. Another $98 million would go to domestic isolation and production of isotopes, a major Russian export.  The border bill has so much crap in it there’s no way in hell it passes the house.  I would like to go nuclear on Congress’s ass.

Edited by Harrison Stafford

18 hours ago, Superhero said:

Entered into the volatile world of NVDA. I've never bought only 7 shares of something. 

The previous low was when I bought 45 shares of META.

17 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

I bought one share of GameStop, just to say I was part of that craze. Made good money on it too!

36 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Right after college I worked at Fidelity.  My first trade was for ~9 shares of Dell for $750. 

Here is one of my missed opportunity stories - I first heard of  Berkshire Hathaway in 1986 (it was trading about $2,600/share), by 1989 I had a little money (maybe $20-25k) and BRK had risen to over $4,000/share. I thought that was crazy for a company that didn't pay a dividend, held a small(ish) group of investment is dissimilar companies but had well written public documents (annual reports, proxy, etc). But I didn't by a share or two - alas each share of BRK.A is worth about $600,000 today. 
Ah yes the one that got away....I feel like I'm telling fishing story

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Superhero said:

Entered into the volatile world of NVDA. I've never bought only 7 shares of something. 

The previous low was when I bought 45 shares of META.

I'm forever kicking myself on NVDA and AMD.  Bought them with a 5-10 yr hold in mind.

Bought 500 NVDA shares at $27.81.  Pre-split.  Sold it 18 months after that around $82/sh.  Position would be worth over $1.4mm today. 

Around the same time, bought 10,000 shares of AMD at $4.18/sh.  That position would be worth around $1.8mm today.  Sold it at $24.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I'm forever kicking myself on NVDA and AMD.  Bought them with a 5-10 yr hold in mind. 

Get in line, dude.

I work for AMD.  I've made good money selling on the way up, but I sold WAY too much at 30, 50, and 80.  My "forever kicking myself moment" was in ~2015 when it dropped below $2.  I had 15k shares ready to hit "buy" on, and then convinced myself that not only do I already have enough invested in the company between my job and existing shares, but also that it would be considered insider training since I was well aware of what we were working on for the Zen core and all the products that would come in the next 3 years.  I just couldn't pull the trigger.  Looking back on it, no one would give a shit about someone buying less than $30k of a stock and selling at a really large profit.  And also, who am I kidding, I would have sold those shares a long time ago.

NVDA was one I missed out on, but the biggest was Supermicro.  That was one that went through problems with bad press from a Bloomberg article about spyware in their servers (not true), and then they had a revenue recognition problem and trading got suspended.  This is a company that was growing every quarter for like 20 years.  I KNEW nothing would come of it and the stock dropped to $15.  Thought about buying 2k shares and I don't remember why I didn't.  It's over $700 today.  Hell, I meant to buy some at the most recent dip down to $310 and got sidetracked at work.  Literally the next day it jumped $90.  Then i told myself it would pullback and I'd get some at close to $350.  FML.

• Hook 'Em 3