Non-Texas Recruiting 2022

texifornia

Held an offer from the last staff

Hear me out—can every hospital have the person that asks the mother what the baby’s name is also counsel them on name selection? I just feel like if that was my job I would be compelled to tell her that Jihad and Jihaad are way too close. If someone wanted to name their kid Adolf or even Adolph, I’d need to really understand why.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, XForce said:

Hear me out—can every hospital have the person that asks the mother what the baby’s name is also counsel them on name selection? I just feel like if that was my job I would be compelled to tell her that Jihad and Jihaad are way too close. If someone wanted to name their kid Adolf or even Adolph, I’d need to really understand why.

It's the same word, translated from Arabic slightly differently.

It's means to struggle toward a positive goal, though a fight against unbelievers is its most common usage. "Crusade" is probably its closest English equivalent. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad

Terrorists have obviously hijacked (heyo) the meaning for a lot of non-Muslims/Arabs

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Shocking that a shitbag aggy who was in staff while Jackie Sherrill was cheating, RC Slocum was cheating, and who helped recruit noted cheater Johnny Manziel to aggyland, was also on staff at ASU while Herm Edwards was cheating. Just a coincidence, I’m sure.

Wonder if he shared his recruiting ideas with his cohorts currently in Collie Station who were also hosting illegal recruiting visits at Jimbo’s Ranch. 

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Shocking that a shitbag aggy who was in staff while Jackie Sherrill was cheating, RC Slocum was cheating, and who helped recruit noted cheater Johnny Manziel to aggyland, was also on staff at ASU while Herm Edwards was cheating. Just a coincidence, I’m sure.

Wonder if he shared his recruiting ideas with his cohorts currently in Collie Station who were also hosting illegal recruiting visits at Jimbo’s Ranch. 

This, exactly. The founder of institutional cheating infrastructure retires and it's celebrated as a retirement. Fuck this guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Gerry's gonna have a BIG cry tonight.

3 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Thought Notre Dame was the consensus on him?

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

All four CBs were to Notre Dame. Two of them from Roach and Harris.

So you want to build your brand in college?

Do you want to commit to alcoholic Catholics?

Or do you want to commit to…

F6AFF4F2-CE55-4933-9FF8-FD6FEAA217A9.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Besides UO’s relationship with Nike, I think this might be the second best use of a “donor” relationship. I’d be shocked if the U didn’t somehow finagle this into an exclusive deal with IMG or something similar…It’s the freaking Wild West out there. Go ye forth and prosper!

Hogs for Hogs: Arkansas, Notre Dame O-lines snag NIL barbecue deals

JOHN BRICE  3 HOURS AGO

A day after an Arkansas barbecue joint announced a burgeoning partnership with the offensive linemen at the University of Arkansas, Notre Dame's offensive linemen revealed on Twitter that the entire group – all 17 of them – likewise had partnered with a growing, semi-national food joint that recently opened a location 3.5 miles from Notre Dame Stadium.

The Fighting Irish's offensive linemen, including returning starters Josh Lugg and Jarrett Patterson, Tweeted Wednesday about the group's partnership with Mission BBQ, a Maryland-based chain that is military- and service-themed that opened its first location on 9-11-2011.

Welcome to the first full week of the new era of college athletics, the sweeping new Name, Image and Likeness phenomenon now legal per NCAA purview and open for business in states that either have passed specific legislation or have opted to allow schools to set policy.

“The OFFICIAL BBQ of the Offensive Line,” Irish right tackle Josh Lugg, a veteran of nearly 20 career games, posted.

Added Notre Dame assistant offensive line coach Trevor Mendelson, a young, up-and-coming coach hired away from Richmond by the Irish earlier this spring, “IF 1 of us eats, WE all eat – The strength of the unit is always greater than any individual. #NIL.”

Mission BBQ just opened its location near the Notre Dame campus earlier this spring, technically in the community's sister city of Mishawaka, Indiana, though less than four miles from Notre Dame Stadium's Frank Leahy Gate to Mission's front doors.

The chain has grown regionally from its Maryland roots and, per online data, has 99 locations spread across more than a dozen states.

Wright's Barbecue, based in Johnson, Arkansas, and also with a location in Bentonville, has partnered not only with the Razorbacks' offensive linemen but also some additional team members.

It's unclear whether the saucy new deals come with cold, hard cash in addition to the barbecue barter.

Ok state RB commit Ollie Gordon (I like him A LOT) looking at SMU? 

“SMU is looking to remain hot on the recruiting trail in 2022. 

*** In early June, Oklahoma State landed a commitment from Euless (Tex.) Trinity running back Ollie Gordon over offers from the likes of Michigan, Nebraska, TCU, Texas Tech and others. The four-star prospect on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite used one of his five official visits this summer to check out Oklahoma State after committing.

I'm hearing that SMU is making a push here and an official visit could come in the fall. Nothing's imminent, but lines of communication are open and the 6-1, 210-pounder is showing interest.”

Edited by golfclap

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Ok state RB commit Ollie Gordon (I like him A LOT) looking at SMU? 

“SMU is looking to remain hot on the recruiting trail in 2022. 

*** In early June, Oklahoma State landed a commitment from Euless (Tex.) Trinity running back Ollie Gordon over offers from the likes of Michigan, Nebraska, TCU, Texas Tech and others. The four-star prospect on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite used one of his five official visits this summer to check out Oklahoma State after committing.

I'm hearing that SMU is making a push here and an official visit could come in the fall. Nothing's imminent, but lines of communication are open and the 6-1, 210-pounder is showing interest.”

Dykes appears to have found his level. I'll always like the guy for all the work he did repairing the Cal program, even if it wasn't always reflected in the W/L.

I must've missed the part where Miami's compliance office shit their pants, sweated profusely, fiddled with their own dicks and did a thorough market value examination to determine whether all of their roster football players have a market value of at least $6k  / sarcasm and bitterness

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

I must've missed the part where Miami's compliance office shit their pants, sweated profusely, fiddled with their own dicks and did a thorough market value examination to determine whether all of their roster football players have a market value of at least $6k  / sarcasm and bitterness

Yeah, they'll have to pay kids to hit the portal.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Solich finally calls it a career

Pillar of the game, but awful timing for Ohio. Hope they have a HCIW thing going.

EDIT: Nvm they do. The OC immediately got a multi-year contract.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1