Non-Texas Recruiting 2022

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Yikes. Although that's gotta be a case of OSU just not doing their homework. No way they could intentionally ignore that.

Yeah, that's just a wasted spot. The names are not an exact match, and the screencaps leave off any other identifying data. I'm reserving judgement here.

9 minutes ago, quigley said:

Yeah, that's just a wasted spot. The names are not an exact match, and the screencaps leave off any other identifying data. I'm reserving judgement here.

Here is the link to the case:

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=cleveland&number=CF-2021-564&cmid=2374953

Rando on reddit:

Hearing was 12/9, took a guilty plea on 12/10.

Accident occurred on 3/14. Was driving 104 MPH and hit pedestrian on a bike.

Not sure how this went 9 months without breaking. He played his entire senior year.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

44 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=cleveland&number=CF-2021-564&cmid=2374953

Rando on reddit:

Not sure how this went 9 months without breaking. He played his entire senior year.

I'm not doubting any of this took place. I'm wondering if it's the same DeSean Brown. The link provides date of birth for the defendant is Oct 2003. This would be consistent with the OSU signees' approximate age, so that's pointing towards it being the same guy.

Does this mean no jail time? If so, could he enroll in college?

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Rando on reddit:

A pedestrian on a bike

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Noticed LSU only has 13 commits currently.

I think that the poor performance of transition classes in prior cycles has made coaches wary of taking too many high schoolers. Plus the portal provides another option. Relative to their usual expectation, LSU's obviously down this year. But they're doing okay relative to other schools with new coaches.

Signed       "Committed"    Transfer     Conference rank
Oregon          7                        3                  1                      7
USC               7                        0                  2                     9
Washington   5                        1                  2                  12 (last)
LSU              13                        0                  1                     8
Florida           9                        1                  2                    14 (last)
Miami            9                         0                 1                      8
Oklahoma     12                        2                 2                     2

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

That is one brave young man to put a Gatorade bottle on your head varsity blues style. I could see it if the other young man was a QB from a decent school but…Kansas

I, uh, don't think that's a man. Fingernails and earrings are a giveaway.

1 minute ago, Big Woodrows said:

Quency Wiggins (4* LSU signee, held a Texas offer) got in a pretty bad accident in San Antonio prior to the All-American Bowl. Apparently broke his arm and wrist.

God I hate those fucking scooters. Saw a dude crack his skull open hitting a curb on one.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/31/2021 at 11:57 PM, texifornia said:

Riley's staff kind of surprisingly getting worked over.

SC recovered nicely here, getting Shaun Nua from Michigan. He'll do well with Islanders, and he's got more skins on the wall than any of the other defensive coaches. 

I'm a bit surprised that Cristobal is poised to pull a couple of guys SC also wanted across the country to Miami. I wonder if NIL is expanding the oligopoly from Bama/GA/OhioSt/Clemson to include SC/Miami/UT/A&M/Michigan.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cyrus-Moss-46056265/

https://247sports.com/Player/Dave-Iuli-46057297/

17 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

This may be the greatest thing ever posted to our $9.95 board.  Bruin and NFL great Matt Ware posted this.  So fucking funny.  Probably won't get a lot of eyeballs on this board in this thread, but didn't know where to post it.

Haha. "still to this day 18 years later ..."