Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Avenatti just hinted that the $1.5 million settlement for the playmate that had the abortion was not Elliott Broidy.

He made a point to note that Cohen did not disclose Elliot Broidy as one of his three clients over the last three years in his court proceedings.

Cohen listed Hannity, Trump, and the Trump Organization as his only three clients.

That Elliott Broidy story coming out immediately after the Cohen raid was suspicious AF.

Is that accurate?  All the reporting I've seen says that the three clients he named were Trump, Broidy, and Hannity. 

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Is that accurate?  All the reporting I've seen says that the three clients he named were Trump, Broidy, and Hannity. 

Going to have to go to the court documents.

Avenatti hasn’t been wrong yet so I’m taking his word for it.

Avenatti just said he wants Trump to go on Fox and Friends every morning if we can get a repeat of this morning.

11 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

This morning he said the three clients were Trump, the Trump Org, and Sean Hannity. I took it to mean that the payment for Broidy's playmate was on behalf of the Trump Org. 

18 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Okay, it looks like the legal work for Broidy was very recent and Mr Cohen didn’t do any legal work for Broidy prior to 2017. 

30F764C2-4189-4A38-A18E-198A80D75273_zps

I’ll need to go back and listen to Avenatti’s wording to see if I misrepresented what he said.

It is true that Cohen had no legal work done with Broidy three years ago.

When was that settlement made with the Playmate?

Late 2017 according to Wapo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trump-lawyer-negotiated-16-million-settlement-for-gop-donor-with-playboy-model/2018/04/13/2f051f90-3f3e-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html

It really looks like Broidy took the fall for Trump here.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Are you thinking the $1.5 or $1.6 million settlement case was actually Trump's and not Broidy's? 

I have little reason not to think this.  

Also, is there any document that indicates when Cohen started an attorney-client relationship with Hannity?

I’m wondering if Cohen was in the process of working on another cover up settlement scheme when he was getting raided.

Trump would need another high profile fall guy.

5 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Rumor is Perry might take over.  So Aggy in.  But Heysoos Christo we almost had two Aggy cabinet members.  

If he runs it half as well as he ran the Texas Emerging Technology Fund...

48 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

By the way, resigning isn't enough. The Candyman should be investigated in his current position, given all of the work-related allegations. 

Agree.  I'm surprised the Secret Service didn't see that he was removed from the President's orbit a long time ago, given that they were apparently witnesses to some of the bad behavior. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

Agree.  I'm surprised the Secret Service didn't see that he was removed from the President's orbit a long time ago, given that they were apparently witnesses to some of the bad behavior. 

They've had their own scandals recently. Odds he was the medicinal hook-up for their hooker orgies? 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm sure the keen oversight of an executive branch focused on ethics and efficiency will get right on that.

You talking about Bush, Obama, or Trump?

it is infuriating that it takes nomination to a cabinet level post for anyone to give a shit about this stuff

Trump has assembled the worst cabinet in the history of this country.  If but whoever-ing that makes you feel better, great.  It doesn't change the fact that no one but Trump is responsible for this shit show.  Hillary didn't nominate an alcoholic pill popper to run the VA.  Obama didn't put Rick Perry in charge of our nuclear arsenal.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The next big dem scandal.  Such a piece of shit party.

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/26/steny-hoyer-audio-levi-tillemann/

There is nothing unusual or untoward about that conversation.  The idea that it's a "scandal" is ludicrous.  In that election, the DCCC has one primary objective -- winning.  They picked their horse early on and they are committed to him.

It also has fuck-all to do with the topic of this thread.

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

You talking about Bush, Obama, or Trump?

it is infuriating that it takes nomination to a cabinet level post for anyone to give a shit about this stuff

Its fucking amazing to me that the President's chief physician got plastered and belligerent during an international trip on business with the President, and nobody did anything about it, even quietly remove him from his post. And yes, kevwun, appointing the guy to the head of the VA takes it to a whole next level of incompetence.

Edited by Anastasis

8 hours ago, RPM said:

If you were in the Navy you should know it's all politics in Officer Country.

I could see a scenario where he was a talented officer, was moving his way up the ranks, but some demons (possibly related to his Iraq service) caught up to him resulting in a bit of a booze spiral.  Rather than demoting him, they moved him to a position which has relatively little pressure/responsibility beyond what a good family doctor would experience.  For an admiral, I have to think he has about the smallest number of people under him. 

While that scenario might paint him in a more sympathetic light, it doesn't do much to justify him running the massive organization which is the VA. 

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The next big dem scandal.  Such a piece of shit party.

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/26/steny-hoyer-audio-levi-tillemann/

It's scandalous that a political party mobilizes resources behind particular candidates around the country?   That's literally one of the main purposes of a political party.  One may question their decision making as a practical matter — i.e. the party would be better served by supporting more or different candidates — but the fact of their selective support isn't even slightly problematic. 

Or do you think it's a scandal that the GOP is trying to thwart that nutcase Blankenship in the WV race?   They should just equally support anyone who wants to run under their banner? 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Its fucking amazing to me that the President's chief physician got plastered and belligerent during an international trip on business with the President, and nobody did anything about it, even quietly remove him from his post. 

I know he served W & Obama in addition to Trump.  When did this insane behavior first come to light?  Seems like he should have been booted long ago.

Just now, Anastasis said:

Its fucking amazing to me that the President's chief physician got plastered and belligerent during an international trip on business with the President, and nobody did anything about it, even quietly remove him from his post. And yes, kevwun, appointing the guy to the head of the VA takes it to a whole next level of incompetence.

When the president isn't a responsible executive, but a narcissist who can't handle any of his decisions being challenged...you don't bring problems to his attention.  You hide them from his view, because he WILL shoot the messenger.

I've seen it numerous times in various types of organizations.  If they have an incompetent, temperamental narcissist at the helm, those below him do everything they can to keep bad news from getting to him.  It makes for a HORRIFICALLY-run entity.

Today, that horrifically-run entity is the United States of America.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It's amazing to watch just about everyone in DC stand by and do nothing about this shit show.

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Trump has assembled the worst cabinet in the history of this country.  If but whoever-ing that makes you feel better, great.  It doesn't change the fact that no one but Trump is responsible for this shit show.  Hillary didn't nominate an alcoholic pill popper to run the VA.  Obama didn't put Rick Perry in charge of our nuclear arsenal.

Lol where did I say he wasn’t a terrible choice?  Looks like he should have been removed long ago if a portion of this shit is true. No one in the navy, the bureaucracy or 2 previous administrations gave a shit. You don’t see that as a problem?  

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

It's scandalous that a political party mobilizes resources behind particular candidates around the country?

In primaries, yes. Done in secret, yes. The idea of a primary is to let the locals decide who they want and then the national party should step in and help whoever won the local primary beat the opposing party.

The Democratic Party is fucking garbage and I hope they burn.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Lol where did I say he wasn’t a terrible choice?  Looks like he should have been removed long ago if a portion of this shit is true. No one in the navy, the bureaucracy or 2 previous administrations gave a shit. You don’t see that as a problem?  

We should definitely blame everyone else for Trump retaining and then trying to promote him.  Trump would erase Obama from the history books if he could, but decided to keep this guy on?

Edited by kevwun

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

We should definitely blame everyone else for Trump retaining and then trying to promote him.

Trumps an idiot. He made a horrible choice. As usual. He also should have never even known Ronny Jackson’s name. Per the NYT piece he was drunkenly pounding on someone’s hotel door within earshot of Obama’s hotel room in the middle of the night. And passed out while supposedly on call for medical issues. No big deal though obviously