2020 Democratic National Convention

Hugo Stiglitz

26 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Oh boy so the RNC is going to be riveting as the DC MAGA kid and the couple brandishing guns at BLM protestors as guest speakers will definitely be must-see TV...says no one.  

I thought this was a joke. Has the GOP fallen so far that a racist couple with no basic understanding of gun safety get a speaking spot at the fucking convention and yet the last Republican President is nowhere to be found?

They should be embarrassed but don’t understand shame. This *must* be the biggest landslide loss in presidential politics. It’s the only way to divorce the party from the fringes. 

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I thought this was a joke. Has the GOP fallen so far that a racist couple with no basic understanding of gun safety get a speaking spot at the fucking convention and yet the last Republican President is nowhere to be found?

They should be embarrassed but don’t understand shame. This *must* be the biggest landslide loss in presidential politics. It’s the only way to divorce the party from the fringes. 

I’m looking forward more to watching the RNC than the DNC. It is going to be comedy gold, with a rambling trump spewing out bullshit as the highlight at the end. 

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Can't listen to AOC without seeing America Ferrera in Superstore role. Voice is identical

Well, I can't un-see (or un-hear) that. 

Edited by Tom

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

You would think the GOP are taking notes this week. 

The Dems had the disadvantage of going first in re-imaging what a Convention could be in our current covid reality. 

might have been a disadvantage but so far they have hit home runs. very nicely done. 

so the wife missed most of monday night, so last night she watched watch michelle obama's speech, and apparently already knew about her "vote" necklace.  she works in fashion pr so she knew about the jewelry company and the pr campaign to distribute a bunch of these necklaces.  about 10 minutes later, we were having a discussion about stacey abrams, beto, and lebron james, and their efforts to register voters, ensure more polling places (stadiums/arenas), and their general attitude encouraging voting.

this started an offshoot conversation about how the two parties work, and what measures the gop is taking to suppress the vote wherever possible, when pretty much every dem is doing everything they can to promote turnout.  then she said, "wait, shouldn't republicans be encouraging people to get out and vote too?"

my response:

Laugh Lol GIF by GIPHY News 

in a world where we're currently politicizing mask-wearing, of course we politicize voting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

this started an offshoot conversation about how the two parties work, and what measures the gop is taking to suppress the vote wherever possible, when pretty much every dem is doing everything they can to promote turnout. 

lol this isn't true at all with respect to the democratic primary.  

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, yoladu said:

You would think the GOP are taking notes this week. 

The Dems had the disadvantage of going first in re-imaging what a Convention could be in our current covid reality. 

Perhaps. They've got to figure out if they want to sidestep the few POC that are under their umbrella or highlight them in order to court (say, in Arizona--Hispanic voters). Placing that in sequence with the DC teen or the St. Louis Mansion Moll is going to be stark unless they plan on having a POC night and the other evenings are all out Fear Factor Hate Machine. One thing they've got in buckets is meme makers and Fox video editors so maybe they will just manufacture Trump flying a Space Force Jet, then killing brown people in the Middle East, swinging a hammer in building the Wall (to the sound of brown children weeping), single-handedly steering a hurricane to Chicago, and for the finale: shooting someone on Fifth Avenue.

Personally, I'm hoping for a Death Star Implosion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm going to watch, but that's because I want to see the garden. I'm half afraid of what she's done to it and may cry. It's had redesigns before, but this is a whole new level of cray based on what I've seen of other Melania inspirations.

i can only assume that this speech from the rose garden will make her look just so first-lady-ish.

as all campaign events from the rose garden do.

i don't know why the little things still piss me off.  but they do.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Actually since they aren't supposed to use the WH for campaign events, it's not a little thing it's a big thing and if God had any sense of humor he would place a fire ant mound (due to climate change) right under her feet.

i know they're not.  but it's still a little thing, unfortunately, in the grand scheme of things compared to the other shit he does on a daily basis.

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

might have been a disadvantage but so far they have hit home runs. very nicely done. 

I agree.  The GOP is scrambling how to do theirs different, but better.

56 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I never promised you a Rose Garden....although tbh if Melania is going to use a Lynn Anderson song, a more appropriate one might be "I've Been Everywhere" or "Ride, Ride, Ride...."

Probably full of artificial flowers, just like their governance, fake.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Actually since they aren't supposed to use the WH for campaign events, it's not a little thing it's a big thing and if God had any sense of humor he would place a fire ant mound (due to climate change) right under her feet.

Actually I think this is somewhat of a big thing.  It's emblematic of them using the people's property for their own personal gain.

19 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Actually I think this is somewhat of a big thing.  It's emblematic of them using the people's property for their own personal gain.

The Dems should request that if campaigning will be done from the White House, could they at least do it from the bunker? 

6 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Mrs Whiggins you are a gem. 

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

If it’s wine, I’m more of a cab kind of gal, but I did have a Moscow Mule with supper. Since Russia seems to be voting this year, I figure it’s apt. 

Gabby Giffords is a badass. 

Tuned in just in time to see her segment. Such an amazing woman, her recovery is really a testament to her strength and the power of her will. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm going to watch, but that's because I want to see the garden. I'm half afraid of what she's done to it and may cry. It's had redesigns before, but this is a whole new level of cray based on what I've seen of other Melania inspirations.

gold leaf petals

Very smart to put a face to immigration.  Every one of us would do the same to save our children.  So sick of the GOP trying to demonize every person that crosses the border illegally.  Yes I believe in legal immigration.  I do not support open borders but believe that we need reform.  I also understand how difficult that can be and that some things can’t wait. 

• Hook 'Em 2