2020 Democratic National Convention

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

320 is the Warren Democrats' version of 420. 

But instead of smoking weed, people administer pop quizzes on themselves everyday regarding one of Warren's plans. 

I wish but for real the 320 is for 11/3/20, Election Day.  The 11 is being blocked in the image. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Did Bloomberg pay up to get the last speaking slot? Wtf is this shit. 

If this is anything other than "I'm pledging 1 Billion dollars to the Biden campaign to save The United States of America" then yeah, I'm with you. Because "Wall Street Don't Be Scared" doesn't fucking cut it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

And yet 12% of this people stayed the course and used their energy to actively go out and vote for Trump. Not even sit at home. To vote for him. So yeah, I'm not sure your post really correctly interpreted the point of my post. 

Some progressives have this really stupid and narrow thinking mindset where they only care about the democratic primary. They would rather vote for a guy whose policies and demeanor is 100x worse than the alternative. Their reason for it is two fold :  they only care about the democratic primary and if a moderate Democrat wins the presidency, there won’t be another primary in 4 years. They also do it because a lot of them are angry people who want us all to “suffer” along side them because Bernie didn’t get elected. 

it really does defy logic and is extremely upsetting. If the moderate candidates all lost, I still would’ve held my nose and voted for bernie. Hopefully, there is less of these guys this time because I’m highly skeptical that Bernie would run again in 2024 anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Some progressives have this really stupid and narrow thinking mindset where they only care about the democratic primary. They would rather vote for a guy whose policies and demeanor is 100x worse than the alternative. Their reason for it is two fold :  they only care about the democratic primary and if a moderate Democrat wins the presidency, there won’t be another primary in 4 years. They also do it because a lot of them are angry people who want us all to “suffer” along side them because Bernie didn’t get elected. 

it really does defy logic and is extremely upsetting. If the moderate candidates all lost, I still would’ve held my nose and voted for bernie. Hopefully, there is less of these guys this time because I’m highly skeptical that Bernie would run again in 2024 anyway.

I just assumed they want to burn it all down and that's how they go about it if they can't have their petulant ways. Which basically makes them worse than the ignorant shits in Trump's cult of followers. Idiots who don't understand that the pain and suffering they're undergoing doesn't REALLY compare to the pain of living under fascism, autocracy, or war and bloodshed and violence. 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I just assumed they want to burn it all down and that's how they go about it if they can't have their petulant ways. Which basically makes them worse than the ignorant shits in Trump's cult of followers. Idiots who don't understand that the pain and suffering they're undergoing doesn't REALLY compare to the pain of living under fascism, autocracy, or war and bloodshed and violence. 

Bernie - Trump voters are the worst. They should be viewed as massive betrayers of the party. 

they just want to burn it all down without giving a shit.

Edited by Voldemort86

41 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

No progressive I know worth a shit is sitting out this election or voting for Trump and no progressive leaders are advocating for such behavior.  There might be some disruptive leftists behavior out there b/c they have a beef with a Democratic Party that shows no interest in courting their support. The DNC would  rather court fat checks from the Bloombergs and call it a day.

It is what it is.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Damn, they messed that up. I didn't know Bloomberg was on tap. Why didn't they cash his check and then have him speak right before Liz Warren? The donations would have beaten the amount from when Harris was declared VP the minute Liz opened her mouth and said "Mike, you ignorant slut."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

If this is anything other than "I'm pledging 1 Billion dollars to the Biden campaign to save The United States of America" then yeah, I'm with you. Because "Wall Street Don't Be Scared" doesn't fucking cut it. 

This has to be what his speech is going to be, right?  I mean, there's literally no other benefit to him speaking at the Convention.

20 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This has to be what his speech is going to be, right?  I mean, there's literally no other benefit to him speaking at the Convention.

Bloomberg pledging any money like that in a DNC speech is about the most tone deaf message coming from the party running on a platform to literally save democracy.  

“Yeah, we’re going to save democracy by having this billionaire buy the election and then set our agenda.”  

PEOPLE HATE THIS SHIT.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Bloomberg pledging any money like that in a DNC speech is about the most tone deaf message coming from the party running on a platform to literally save democracy.  
“Yeah, we’re going to save democracy by having this billionaire buy the election and then set our agenda.”  
PEOPLE HATE THIS SHIT.  

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

And yet 12% of this people stayed the course and used their energy to actively go out and vote for Trump. Not even sit at home. To vote for him. So yeah, I'm not sure your post really correctly interpreted the point of my post. 

I really don't have anything to support this assumption, but I hope that the bulk of that 12% were casting a protest vote to make the race closer than it should have been.   I have to think that Trump could actually win never crossed their minds.   I would think that 12% is much smaller this go around.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I just assumed they want to burn it all down

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

For humanity's sake, please don't procreate.

No offense intended. 

12 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I just saw an article that said 12% (of 5000 surveyed) who supported Bernie in 2016 voted for Trump. So don’t be so fucking shocked, sad as it may be. 

Wanted to vote for the farthest left candidate since FDR, instead voted for the farthest right candidate ever. Those people are idiots who don't know what their values are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Wanted to vote for the farthest left candidate since FDR, instead voted for the farthest right candidate ever. Those people are idiots who don't know what their values are. 

Careful. Washparkhorn gonna fell you to spike your balls with a meat tenderizer for uttering such...checks notes...verifiable data points.