Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

I am not understanding what dead horse he is trying to beat here. Prosecution's case: We know this kid went down there to shoot him someone. And he did shoot people. He wanted to do it and he did it. That is our case. 

Ok. But why are you trying to argue your way into almost giving the defendant a defense then? 

This is fucking bizarre. 

5 hours ago, Texaspython said:

Huh? The kid brought an assault rifle to tussle with people who weren’t armed. I bet you find that heroic. You too, are a wimp.

Well, except for the guy who was pointing a handgun at him. And the guy who was pummeling him with a skateboard. But yeah, the first guy tried to take his weapon away from him, so they weren't all armed.

15 minutes ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

And that if you have a gun it can't be self defense. 

100% incorrect. 

Initial aggressor cannot claim self-defense was the argument.  If you kill as the initial aggressor, you have to do the time for the crime. 

It was a tactical mistake to say he should just take a beating. Poor lawyering. The argument is counter-productive, as @Nicole44 pointed out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burnt Orange in OC said:

Well, except for the guy who was pointing a handgun at him. And the guy who was pummeling him with a skateboard. But yeah, the first guy tried to take his weapon away from him, so they weren't all armed.

Reorder that and maybe you can see why some things happened. You can’t provoke self-defense. That’s pretty much the law everywhere.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, Texaspython said:

Huh? The kid brought an assault rifle to tussle with people who weren’t armed. I bet you find that heroic. You too, are a wimp.

Let's dissect this:

> brought an assault rifle

Legally

>people who weren’t armed

Incorrect as shown in evidence

>I bet you find that heroic.

I find it legal under the Constitution.

>You too, are a wimp.

Personal attacks. The true sign of someone who has no argument.

Stop getting your news from propaganda outlets and try to keep up with the facts.

• Hook 'Em 6

15 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Let's dissect this:

> brought an assault rifle

Legally

>people who weren’t armed

Incorrect as shown in evidence

>I bet you find that heroic.

I find it legal under the Constitution.

>You too, are a wimp.

Personal attacks. The true sign of someone who has no argument.

Stop getting your news from propaganda outlets and try to keep up with the facts.

MwB.gif

• Haha 1

We need a over/under for, the number of “hot takes” of people saying “I don’t understand you cannot provoke and then claim self defense” from people with no clue on the facts of this case and have relied on msm to give them the “facts” that are going to be posted after a quick verdict today. 

11 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

What did the prosecutor say? I probably missed it. 

There was also a really weird part of Binger's (may have been the other prosecutor during rebuttal, I can't recall) closing arguments:

1. He said that if you bring a gun, you lose the right to self-defense.

2. He then said that the people attacking KR had the same right to self-defense as he did.

That was just really odd and all over the place.  I wonder if anyone in the jury heard it the same way that I did, which is basically that KR did in fact have a right to self-defense.

41 minutes ago, hornbri said:

We need a over/under for, the number of “hot takes” of people saying “I don’t understand you cannot provoke and then claim self defense” from people with no clue on the facts of this case and have relied on msm to give them the “facts” that are going to be posted after a quick verdict today. 

eleventy billion.

and I'll take the over.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
1 hour ago, Satoshi said:
So is this going to be done today? I wonder what the nomad Twitter expert class will move to next. 

Ahmaud A, case. Which is actually the one worth paying attention to.

Indeed. Also, strange that the media calls is the Ahmaud Arbery trial. It should be called the McMichael trial.

30 minutes ago, jkates said:

Have any of the legal experts opined on how long the jury might deliberate? Are they expecting a verdict today? Tomorrow? Next week?

You never know.  Once when I clerked the jury in a significant case got a verdict around 11 and sent a note that they were holding it until lunch was served.  They kind of control the show at that point.

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

My older son has same thing.

Write and throw left handed (back when I pitched), but bat and swing a golf club right handed and can throw cutters side-arm, right handed.  Carry on my left hip, but right eye dominant and shoot left-handed (rifles/shotguns).