Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

15 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Yeah,  now I'm thinking the right jurisdiction for the gun charges is Federal court.  Will they take this up?

ATF Form 4473, Interstate money transfer and straw purchase, etc.

Jurisdiction would appear to be federal court In Milwaukee. Not exactly Kenosha Wisconsin. 

It’s up to the feds in Milwaukee whether or not to bring charges. I can’t intelligently claim whether they would or not, just that it does appear possible. 

36 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Federal firearms laws my dude. Rittenhouse admitted on the stand that he gave his friend cash specifically to buy a gun for him because he was not legally allowed to buy one. 

As I posted about 30 or 40 pages ago in this thread, that's conspiracy to commit a felony, which is itself a felony. I'm pretty sure you negged it actually. 

Probably 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Keep in mind that until Kyle took the stand, the feds had no admissions from him on the gun charge case that I’m aware of. Certainly nothing sworn to. Also nothing either from the guy who bought it as the case is still pending. Or at least that I’m aware of.

Now they do. 

So the Newsweek article I posted said that Black testified he used Kyle's money.  Did Kyle also testify to this when he was on the stand?  If so they  both already testified to it.

3 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

So the Newsweek article I posted said that Black testified he used Kyle's money.  Did Kyle also testify to this when he was on the stand?  If so they  both already testified to it.

That’s my understanding.

I remember the sack during the trial giving some convoluted defense to all this which I didn’t really pay much attention to. 

Excerpts of Rittenhouse's testimony https://www.rev.com/transcript-editor/shared/A7O97pOTyqr5Uhejo4HM7hpXs-vzdMLEc7w5J2_rk4uX-fpGgO6mwaRWXjymKd6V29htasJuffOuGIHHejB299YJJCM?loadFrom=SharedLink

Thomas Binger : (04:04)
You had arranged to have Dominic Black purchase that weapon for you in Ladysmith, Wisconsin in early May of 2020. Is that correct?

Kyle Rittenhouse: (04:20)
We were up north shooting, and not shooting ... we were up north going camping and Dominic Black brought his rifle and he was, we were talking. I was like, "Hey, what if we get a rifle for me? I'll give you the money. You can purchase it. It's yours until I'm 18." So, I bought the rifle for Dominic and I can use it. But once I'm 18, we can do a private sale and we can have it turned over to my name once I turned 18.

Thomas Binger : (04:50)
Because you knew as a 17 year old, you could not have that gun, correct?

Kyle Rittenhouse: (04:55)
I knew I could not buy that gun.

Thomas Binger : (04:57)
You knew you could not possess that gun also, correct?

Kyle Rittenhouse: (04:59)
No.

Thomas Binger : (05:00)
You weren't aware that under Wisconsin law-

Judge Bruce Schroeder: (05:03)
I'm going to instruct the jury later about the law. So, and that he wouldn't ... what he thinks on the subject is not dispositive anyway, so it was unlawful for him to purchase the gun.

Thomas Binger : (05:19)
It wasn't just unlawful for you to purchase it. It was unlawful for you to bring it home. Correct?

Kyle Rittenhouse: (05:24)
In Illinois, I wasn't able to bring it home because I didn't have a FOID Card, a Firearm Owner Identification Card, in Illinois.

21 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Yep that’s basically admitting to a federal gun crime. With corroboration by the guy who bought it to boot. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

are guns certificate of title now?

Not sure...I just know you have to fill out a form for the Feds with your name to do a background check before you can purchase a gun at a store like Bass Pro or whereever...I don't actually have a piece of paper saying I own the guns I own, but im sure they attach the serial number, make, and model of the gun to the Federal background check form you fill out..

Edited by Azbadlands

5 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Not sure...I just know you have to fill out a form for the Feds with your name to do a background check before you can purchase a gun at a store like Bass Pro or whereever...I don't actually have a piece of paper saying I own the guns I own, but im sure they attach the serial number, make, and model of the gun to the Federal background check form you fill out..

so that's a no and the gun being purchased by the other guy when KR provided the cash is kinda what a straw purchase is. 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, elfenix said:

so that's a no and the gun being purchased by the other guy when KR provided the cash is kinda what a straw purchase is. 

Could be, Wouldn't  it have to go to the Supreme Court though to hash it out?  I mean if they determined the State Law allows Kyle to possess the gun but not buy it.  Seems like he followed the state law, and it's going to come down to state's rights versus federal laws...I'm pretty sure most states allow people under 18 to possess a gun at least where they have hunting seasons..A lot of states allow 16 year olds to hunt on their own..  Parents, older brothers, uncles, grandpa's, etc buy guns for kids that hunt in their family all the time...Not sure how the Federal laws apply to a friend buying a gun for another friend for target shooting, self defense, or if the Feds would want to set some messy precedent by going through with this..Kyle did not commit murder according to a jury...

Edited by Azbadlands

2 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Could be, Wouldn't  it have to go to the Supreme Court though to hash it out?  I mean if they determined the State Law allows Kyle to possess the gun but not buy it.  Seems like he followed the state law, and it's going to come down to state's rights versus federal laws...I'm pretty sure most states allow people under 18 to possess a gun at least where they have hunting seasons..A lot of states allow 16 year olds to hunt on their own..  Parents, older brothers, uncles, grandpa's, etc buy guns for kids that hunt in their family all the time...Not sure how the laws applie to a friend buying a gun for another friend for target shooting, self defense, or if the Feds would want to set some messy precedent by going through with this..Kyle did not commit murder according to a jury...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/supremacy_clause

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I understand that Federal law takes precedence over state laws.  I'm just saying this gets real messy.  KR had no criminal background when the gun was purchased and had the intent to use it for target practice, not to commit a crime.  Are you going to go after every dad in the world for a straw purchase for buying their teenage or younger sons a rifle to hunt with?  What if they accidentally shoot someone while hunting? Is the dad now going to prison because he purchased the gun for the kid?  

In this case, it is determined by a jury Kyle committed no crime by defending himself.  His buddy did not buy a gun for a criminal and the state determined it was OK for him to possess the gun....Seems like it would be a real messy case for the FEDs to get involved in.

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

I understand that Federal law takes precedence over state laws.  I'm just saying this gets real messy.  KR had no criminal background when the gun was purchased and had the intent to use it for target practice, not to commit a crime.  Are you going to go after every dad in the world for a straw purchase for buying their teenage or younger sons a rifle to hunt with?  What if they accidentally shoot someone while hunting? Is the dad now going to prison because he purchased the gun for the kid?  

In this case, it is determined by a jury Kyle committed no crime by defending himself.  His buddy did not buy a gun for a criminal and the state determined it was OK for him to possess the gun....Seems like it would be a real messy case for the FEDs to get involved in.

I'd agree with you if his dad bought the gun.  But that seems to be a major distinction here.  Well that and that he was not allowed to buy it under the laws of Illinois or Wisconsin.  Solicited the straw purchase and paid for it.  If it had never left the safe except for the gun range it would not have been an issue.  

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

had no criminal background when the gun was purchased and had the intent to use it for target practice, not to commit a crime.

“Bro I wish I had my (expletive) AR. l’d start shooting rounds at them.”

Are you going to go after every dad in the world for a straw purchase for buying their teenage or younger sons a rifle to hunt with?

That's materially different from rittenhouse in this situation. Rittenhouse gave funds specifically to buy a gun because he couldn't buy it himself. That is his sworn testimony. 

What if they accidentally shoot someone while hunting? Is the dad now going to prison because he purchased the gun for the kid?

Depending on the circumstances and nature of the accidental or negligent discharge, the parent certainly could face some legal jeopardy for child endangerment. 

buddy did not buy a gun for a criminal

Immaterial to the fact that it was still a straw purchase. 

Edited by Captainant

28 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I'd agree with you if his dad bought the gun.  But that seems to be a major distinction here.  Well that and that he was not allowed to buy it under the laws of Illinois or Wisconsin.  Solicited the straw purchase and paid for it.  If it had never left the safe except for the gun range it would not have been an issue.  

Agreed ...I think Kyle's testimony was the gun was to be purchased for his friend though until he (KR) turned 18, and he could buy it from him..So his buddy may be in some real trouble for buying the gun and letting him use it; especially,  if an actual crime had been committed with the gun.  The jury found KR NOT guilty though...Doesn't that throw a wrench in the FEDs case? What was the crime committed?  That he gifted him the money to purchase a gun for himself?

He bought the gun in his name and stored it at his house and loaned it to a friend who was found to have committed no crime with the gun in a court of law...

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Azbadlands said:

Agreed ...I think Kyle's testimony was the gun was to be purchased for his friend though until he (KR) turned 18, and he could buy it from him..So his buddy may be in some real trouble for buying the gun for him and letting him use it; especially,  if an actual crime had been committed with the gun.  The jury found KR NOT guilty though...Doesn't that throw a wrench in the FEDs case? What was the crime committed? 

He bought the gun in his name and stored it at his house and loaned it to a friend who was found to have committed no crime in a court of law...

First, Black is currently charged with State crimes which say something about providing a gun to someone who could not buy it themselves and it results in the death of another.  Does not say murder, says death. In plain English I think it applies to Black

Second, the straw purchase and lying on the 4473 are federal crimes.  DOJ has the ball on charges there not the state. KR admitted that he knew it was against the law for him to arrange the straw purchase under oath.  So did Black.  They conspired to get around the 4473 question 21a and lied on a federal background check.

48 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

First, Black is currently charged with State crimes which say something about providing a gun to someone who could not buy it themselves and it results in the death of another.  Does not say murder, says death. In plain English I think it applies to Black

Second, the straw purchase and lying on the 4473 are federal crimes.  DOJ has the ball on charges there not the state. KR admitted that he knew it was against the law for him to arrange the straw purchase under oath.  So did Black.  They conspired to get around the 4473 question 21a and lied on a federal background check.

The first part could be real trouble for his buddy.  The second part seems murky though because the friend was,  according to Kyle's testimony, purchasing the gun for himself, and the friend stored it at his own house which seems like a lawyer could argue as evidence he actually owned it...  Kyle had no access to the gun unless the friend loaned it to him which seems like more evidence the friend owned it...

I'm not saying KR's not in trouble for giving the buddy the money, who knows?   Just seems like his lawyers coached him well on what to say in the trial about the ownership of the gun.  I'm sure they know the Federal law...

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, we see you though. keep on with plausible deniability, if that's your game. the use of reeee on 4chan, etc, is a clear racist dogwhistle. it's a real shame for the creator of pepe, but it's the truth. we see you and what you are doing. oh, you have a confederate flag? you are just celebrating southern heritage? how cute.

I don’t really want to Google it, but wtf is reee?  I’ve seen pepe in a bunch of memes and shit, never seen or heard of reee.  Slur or something? 

• Hook 'Em 1

If they straw purchased this (which it looks a helluva lot like a straw purchase) they need to hit them with it.  At the same time, they need to look into any gun crimes 1 arm committed (I didn’t know my permit was expired isn’t an excuse) and slam his ass too.  Motherfuckers need to take the responsibility that comes with being a gun owner. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t really want to Google it, but wtf is reee?  I’ve seen pepe in a bunch of memes and shit, never seen or heard of reee.  Slur or something? 

It's a meme that he is just going to presume that is racist/antisemitic just because it's been used by people like that. Better not like water, I heard Hitler drank water. 

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I am going to laugh my ass off at the DT crowd freak out if doughboy gets charged by the feds with a federal gun crime. 

On 8/28/2020 at 8:52 AM, Johnny Sack said:

He’s going to take the L on that [gun] charge.  Separate issue.  

On 8/28/2020 at 10:10 AM, Johnny Sack said:

I wouldn’t recommend doing what he did.  He’s definitely guilty of illegally open carrying.

Check the dates on the receipt.  Why dont you sit this one out for a while, jimmay?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Did you not get the secret nazi/fascist handbook where it decodes all the hand signs and online passwords to unite and communicate with each other in private about our conservative/racist/fascist ideals? Pretty sure there is a copy in the latest Ovaltine package if you need it.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Did you not get the secret nazi/fascist handbook where it decodes all the hand signs and online passwords to unite and communicate with each other in private about our conservative/racist/fascist ideals? Pretty sure there is a copy in the latest Ovaltine package if you need it.

naruto shippuden pain GIF

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

i thought reeee is just onomatopeia of an angry screeching sound when someone gets angry/triggered. 

pepe is depicted as self-deprecating cartoon, and its almost always irreverent so its universally adaptable.  the crypto community uses it a lot.  to typecast it as a mascot for 1 specific harmful thing is pretty silly

b2784df2-d64d-4f50-8746-7115b7f7154d.png

• Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Yeah,  now I'm thinking the right jurisdiction for the gun charges is Federal court.  Will they take this up?

ATF Form 4473, Interstate money transfer and straw purchase, etc.

They don’t prosecute many straw purchases or 4473 violations. Ask Hunter Biden about the latter after his sister-in-law/fuck buddy tossed his 38 in a dumpster that he bought 11 days earlier.  He is a drug addict routinely using crack at the tone he bought that gun.  He lied on his 4473 because he was not eligible to buy that pistol due to his drug use. 

It is illegal for a person “who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance” to possess a firearm. Possession of a firearm by a prohibited person is a felon punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment.

In order to purchase a firearm from an FFL, a buyer must fill out a Form 4473. The form asks, “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” Hunter answered “no” to this question.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

They don’t prosecute many straw purchases or 4473 violations. Ask Hunter Biden about the latter after his sister-in-law/fuck buddy tossed his 38 in a dumpster that he bought 11 days earlier.  He is a drug addict routinely using crack at the tone he bought that gun.  He lied on his 4473 because he was not eligible to buy that pistol due to his drug use. 

It is illegal for a person “who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance” to possess a firearm. Possession of a firearm by a prohibited person is a felon punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment.

In order to purchase a firearm from an FFL, a buyer must fill out a Form 4473. The form asks, “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” Hunter answered “no” to this question.

So I guess this means Kyle is guilty of the federal gun crime since your defense for him is “but Hunter Biden.”

33 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

So I guess this means Kyle is guilty of the federal gun crime since your defense for him is “but Hunter Biden.”

Do you need this translated into a language you can understand?

I wouldn’t recommend doing what he did.  [Rittenhouse's] definitely guilty of illegally open carrying.

9 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Black is charged under the same statute Rittenhouse was.  It doesn't apply.

It's not a federal straw purchase unless you are intentionally skirting NICS.  People buy guns in trust for minors all the time.

i thought reeee is just onomatopeia of an angry screeching sound when someone gets angry/triggered. 
pepe is depicted as self-deprecating cartoon, and its almost always irreverent so its universally adaptable.  the crypto community uses it a lot.  to typecast it as a mascot for 1 specific harmful thing is pretty silly

b2784df2-d64d-4f50-8746-7115b7f7154d.png&f=1&nofb=1

We're not discussing crypto. We're discussing politics.

And yes "reeeee" is just the sound a frog makes.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I didn't because I'm not a nazi / racist / fascist.

Could you give a Cliff's Notes version of your little code book?

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

b2784df2-d64d-4f50-8746-7115b7f7154d.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TexasEd said:

10 hours ago, TexasEd said:

36 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Black is charged under the same statute Rittenhouse was.  It doesn't apply.

It's not a federal straw purchase unless you are intentionally skirting NICS.  People buy guns in trust for minors all the time.

Wut?  It's a Federal law, it involved parties from different states.  The purchase was for a person who could not legally buy a gun in either state.  They both admitted to doing it to get around that legal restriction and knew it was illegal.  They confessed to this crime as part of the overall strategy to get KR acquitted of murder.

The part about under prosecuting these crimes is the part that every responsible gun owner should be angry about because that is the hill where we lose the public sentiment and the laws on gun ownership start getting tighter because we don't enforce the ones on the books now.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I didn't because I'm not a nazi / racist / fascist.

Could you give a Cliff's Notes version of your little code book?

Sure, you’ve heard about chapter 1 above.

Chapter 2 is Aunt Jemima’s call to racism.

Chapter 3 is Pepe Le Pew’s sexual assault manifesto.

And the conclusion walks through Mr Potatoe Head and the non-binary gender call to arms.

• Haha 1