Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

What do wolves have to do with Kenosha and People v Rittenhouse? NOTHING. This is how you get chaos. Mucking about with the circle of life, bringing wolves into a discussion where they have no place being unless they are allowed to eat Wisconsin residents including little girls in red riding hoodies and the next thing you know it's anarchy and dogs and cats living together.

Carry on.

I mean, do hard-working, faith-driven Americans even care that Pepe is no longer a male?  The left is trying to make him some sorta trans-frog!  And we've yet to see his immigration status.  First they came for Mr. Potato Head.  And I said nothing.  And then they came for Big Bird.  And again, I said nothing.  Well not anymore!!!

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i'm tempted to ban anyone using REEEE seriously on this board.

not you, referencing the poster that did, but jesus, yall, have some awareness. we aren't stupid. your dogwhistles only go so far.

Most of their shit I think tends to be on the acceptable side of the line, but I genuinely think it would be a good idea to at least delete Baba Yaga's post linking to a pretty outright nazi website that he made in the Waukesha thread in DT. Nothing good can come from letting him, Sack, MN, et al start filling up these boards with outright nazi shit.

3 minutes ago, tchookem said:
23 minutes ago, Lobo said:
It's all fun and games until they mate, and we have to study WolfBird Law.  The only thing that can kill them is when a wind turbine gets toppled to the ground during a massive ice storm.

The Jewish Space Lasers failed us.

Well duh, the Ice Storm started on the Sabbath.  Read a fucking almanac, dude.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I heard that George Floyd had drugs in his system when he died.  I think it could be a small part of why he died.  The main cause though was the being murdered part.  

Although there is no known cure for death, you can look for the early warning signs.  A rotting smell, rigor mortis, and occasional drowsiness.  

That was profound.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

It's been a long time since 2016 (politically) and reeee is just gotdamn funny. Hell, I did a "feels good, man." a couple weeks back towards the owning of property. Really, all I can say to your post is.

Reee!!!!!

seriously?

so you want to lean into the anti-semiticism? i mean, good for you?

jesus mary.

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

It's been a long time since 2016 (politically) and reeee is just gotdamn funny. Hell, I did a "feels good, man." a couple weeks back towards the owning of property. Really, all I can say to your post is.

Reee!!!!!

tenor.png

8 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

tenor.png

I would have posted pepe reeeing, but none existed. Y'all really can't get past anything. The goddamn ADL says it's okay if not bigoted. Y'all can hate all you want, but I'm going to take their word over yours. Just read on @MNLonghornFUKM post and dead pedos and racism goes pretty well together like oil and water.

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/pepe-the-frog

However, because so many Pepe the Frog memes are not bigoted in nature, it is important to examine use of the meme only in context. The mere fact of posting a Pepe meme does not mean that someone is racist or white supremacist. However, if the meme itself is racist or anti-Semitic in nature, or if it appears in a context containing bigoted or offensive language or symbols, then it may have been used for hateful purposes.

Edited by workswithseed

I would have posted pepe reeeing, but none existed. Y'all really can't get past anything. The goddamn ADL says it's okay if not bigoted. Y'all can hate all you want, but I'm going to take their word over yours.

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/pepe-the-frog

yeah, we see you though. keep on with plausible deniability, if that's your game. the use of reeee on 4chan, etc, is a clear racist dogwhistle. it's a real shame for the creator of pepe, but it's the truth. we see you and what you are doing. oh, you have a confederate flag? you are just celebrating southern heritage? how cute.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, we see you though. keep on with plausible deniability, if that's your game. the use of reeee on 4chan, etc, is a clear racist dogwhistle. it's a real shame for the creator of pepe, but it's the truth. we see you and what you are doing. oh, you have a confederate flag? you are just celebrating southern heritage? how cute.

No deniability. I'm too dumb to play a charade. I don't think pepe in itself is anti whatever. You add a racism you get a racism. It does suck.

Edited by workswithseed

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

What do wolves have to do with Kenosha and People v Rittenhouse? NOTHING. This is how you get chaos. Mucking about with the circle of life, bringing wolves into a discussion where they have no place being unless they are allowed to eat Wisconsin residents including little girls in red riding hoodies and the next thing you know it's anarchy and dogs and cats living together.

Carry on.

The lesson here is to not bring a knife or Dancing Granny to a wolf fight. You just can't win in that situation.

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Literally every liberal posting about it here on Surly has (1) complained about the evidence being limited in the way it was, (2) said, given the limits on the evidence, either that the verdict was correct or at least reasonable, and (3) said that what he did SHOULD be a crime and his acquittal is going to encourage more militia types to provoke liberal protesters to justify shooting them. Not a single one of us is simply "screaming about murder and racism." The simplest posts are all from the worst of the DT crew mindlessly repeating "child molester!," "domestic terrorists!," and "REEEEEEE" (that last one might've only been said once). 

The evidence wasn't limited by the defense.  It was limited by the Prosecution because it would have helped KR's self defense case even further.  For instance, the prosecution knew all along who the dude was that tried to jump kick him in the face and would not give the name to KR's attorneys...

How is what KR did a crime if in fact the only reason he was there was to help protect a business, give first aid, and put out fires?  Maybe he honestly did only bring the gun for protection and the so called protestors where the ones looking for trouble that night? Why should they be exonerated from their actions on that night and the nights leading up to the incident?  

44 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I have to disagree. Pepe has pretty much been reclaimed. It was only an alt-right thing for a relatively short time.

31 minutes ago, formermav43 said:
This place frequently reminds me how disconnected I must be from most of the online world. I had no idea what all this “reeee” back and forth was about, had to look it up. 

giphy.gif

Edit:  I looked it up but I haven't found anything to link it to racism.  Everything I see is for gamers and 4Chan. 

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I mean, do hard-working, faith-driven Americans even care that Pepe is no longer a male?  The left is trying to make him some sorta trans-frog!  And we've yet to see his immigration status.  First they came for Mr. Potato Head.  And I said nothing.  And then they came for Big Bird.  And again, I said nothing.  Well not anymore!!!

Well the CIA put the chemicals in the water that turned the frigging frogs trans !!!!!!

56 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

The evidence wasn't limited by the defense.  It was limited by the Prosecution because it would have helped KR's self defense case even further.  For instance, the prosecution knew all along who the dude was that tried to jump kick him in the face and would not give the name to KR's attorneys...

How is what KR did a crime if in fact the only reason he was there was to help protect a business, give first aid, and put out fires?  Maybe he honestly did only bring the gun for protection and the so called protestors where the ones looking for trouble that night? Why should they be exonerated from their actions on that night and the nights leading up to the incident?  

Ok this is an obvious troll job. Shows up out of nowhere and it’s just one inane post after another with many many questions.

25 minutes ago, Hate said:

giphy.gif

Edit:  I looked it up but I haven't found anything to link it to racism.  Everything I see is for gamers and 4Chan. 

The linkage is that steve bannon used gamergate to radicalize angry young incels into the trump shitposting army that made up /r/the_donald and the various 4chan boards. Those 4chan boards eventually spawned qanon, which later migrated to 8chan/kun.

It's a real weird lineage, but it's actually pretty well documented. May be another interesting thread if it doesn't get immediately derailed from people not reading past the headline.

edit: and on Pepe, the creator actually had to go to court to stop the alt-right from using his art for hate

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

His record I get, I’m talking about the rap stuff or any video similar to KR where he said something months prior. If anything, I would think it’s easier to argue that rap doesn’t really show intent, it’s entertainment. I’m honestly all for it being relevant, just like KR’s should have been IMO. I’m just really curious since it’s the same state if the same rules will be applied. Something tells me it won’t. 

I think the initial assessment that he was fleeing a scene of a crime and chose the worst route possible seems the most plausible. If he was really out to kill whitey he blew past a lot of them before he got to a point where he didn’t have any room to get past people anymore. He even slowed down behind the band before he started rolling over people. It’s that or he really had it out for white marching bands and dancing groups specifically because he bypassed a lot of other people.  

This.

The difference in the other case is that the video of KR was talking about the exact situation he created and the motive he had for creating the situation.  He wanted to be a vigilante, he stated it in a video, just like a journal or diary, he took the steps (illegally) to become a vigilante, and then he went to a place that offered him the opportunity to be a vigilante.  Sure other people that had guns but did not shoot may have had that motive but we don't know because they did not act on it that day.

There is a real motive distinction between "I want to stop the property violence" and "I want to shoot looters (and rioters)". KR stated his was the latter. The goal wasn't to stop the crimes it was to shoot the criminals and that should have been allowed to be presented to the jury.

Fuck off to the the idiots who are gonna claim he only shot pedophiles and wife beaters with your redirection.  Those guys could have stood trial for what they did if they were alive but the vigilante was on trial here, not the them and fuck encouraging more vigilantes.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

This.

The difference in the other case is that the video of KR was talking about the exact situation he created and the motive he had for creating the situation.  He wanted to be a vigilante, he stated it in a video, just like a journal or diary, he took the steps (illegally) to become a vigilante, and then he went to a place that offered him the opportunity to be a vigilante.  Sure other people that had guns but did not shoot may have had that motive but we don't know because they did not act on it that day.

There is a real motive distinction between "I want to stop the property violence" and "I want to shoot looters (and rioters)". KR stated his was the latter. The goal wasn't to stop the crimes it was to shoot the criminals and that should have been allowed to be presented to the jury.

Fuck off to the the idiots who are gonna claim he only shot pedophiles and wife beaters with your redirection.  Those guys could have stood trial for what they did if they were alive but the vigilante was on trial here, not the them and fuck encouraging more vigilantes.  

You couldve had a career as a lawyer. But now youre here defending pedos instead. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3

16 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

This.

Why did he only shoot the 3 that attacked him?  He had more than ample opportunity to shoot at least 30 "looters" or "rioters" but did not.  It's a fact that you keep on glossing over.  And for the record, I am fine if they don't allow that parade idiot's video and social media posts as evidence.  I think there is more than ample evidence that he is guilty without it.  Who cares if he gets charged with a hate crime? 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, elfenix said:

the only reason anyone uses REEEEE in the context of a politics board is because of racist dogwhistling that originated on 4chan.  "well i didn't intend it to be racist i just thought it was funny" you're just giving cover to racists, asshole. 

If you're talking about @MNLonghornFUKM post, you're going to have to show your work.

This is where this whole diatribe started. I don't think "reeeing" is cart blanche for anything. 

it's popular in politics boards because of 4chan associating it with pepe.  i didn't say MN picked it up there, but that's the origin. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

I have to disagree. Pepe has pretty much been reclaimed. It was only an alt-right thing for a relatively short time.

I disagree with your disagreement. Pepe is still being used by the far right groups and with Gab (the cartooned version of a little green frog because you know, plausible yada yada) the Gab creater reposted these on his personal page. Following the links to other accounts, whew, I'm not going to post that on this site even behind a spoiler. As it is, I'm going to put the cartoon behind a spoiler. It isn't specifically Pepe, but notice the hooked nose in the first panel--it's intentional. Many of these accounts are still using Pepe in the avatar, or referring to Pepe and the lingo around him--frens, etc. ( VDARE is very far right) and after awhile I stopped counting and decided to just put the three here.

frog.png.837b3871deafc1cb0baa7e79750c66a1.png

VD.png.807e3d21be3eedfc10140f2832cb1389.png

Spoiler

cartoon.png.ed3e8a6d29115275aaa59c35fd6ef59b.png

31 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The linkage is that steve bannon used gamergate to radicalize angry young incels into the trump shitposting army that made up /r/the_donald and the various 4chan boards. Those 4chan boards eventually spawned qanon, which later migrated to 8chan/kun.

It's a real weird lineage, but it's actually pretty well documented. May be another interesting thread if it doesn't get immediately derailed from people not reading past the headline.

edit: and on Pepe, the creator actually had to go to court to stop the alt-right from using his art for hate

I had no idea.  The internet is fuckin wild 

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I disagree with your disagreement. Pepe is still being used by the far right groups and with Gab (the cartooned version of a little green frog because you know, plausible yada yada) the Gab creater reposted these on his personal page. Following the links to other accounts, whew, I'm not going to post that on this site even behind a spoiler. As it is, I'm going to put the cartoon behind a spoiler. It isn't specifically Pepe, but notice the hooked nose in the first panel--it's intentional. Many of these accounts are still using Pepe in the avatar, or referring to Pepe and the lingo around him--frens, etc. ( VDARE is very far right) and after awhile I stopped counting and decided to just put the three here.

frog.png.837b3871deafc1cb0baa7e79750c66a1.png

VD.png.807e3d21be3eedfc10140f2832cb1389.png

Reveal hidden contents

cartoon.png.ed3e8a6d29115275aaa59c35fd6ef59b.png

Those posts look a lot like several posts in the DT thread.

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

me too. I just googled it. Is it an angry frog that is racist? Am I getting that?

The only linkage it has to racism is when Richard Spencer and the alt-right co-opted it for their own use for a period of time, and psychotic children on 4chan. There are racist versions of it floating around and likely always will be, but the purpose of the character is literally just to emote. Context is important in this case, because it is widely used by communities of all kinds on a number of platforms. There will always be people that try to use people's creations/characters in a hateful way

Despite what some people (mostly shitlibs) say, Pepe has mostly been taken back by the Internet at large thanks to efforts of its creator, the ADL, and the multitudes of communities that use it in a positive way. It's actually kind of remarkable. The symbol went from harmless, to a hate symbol used by a vocal minority, back to harmless because people wanted it that way and took action. It's still just a silly cartoon character when you boil it down, but I think the ability to reclaim symbols co-opted for hate is important. I think it's dumb to throw up your hands and say "welp, the Nazis are using this now, we can't use it anymore." All that accomplishes is letting them win. The Nazis said "this is ours now", and the Internet at large basically said "no, fuck you" and took it back. It's kinda cool.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

The only linkage it has to racism is when Richard Spencer and the alt-right co-opted it for their own use for a period of time, and psychotic children on 4chan. There are racist versions of it floating around and likely always will be, but the purpose of the character is literally just to emote. Context is important in this case, because it is widely used by communities of all kinds on a number of platforms. There will always be people that try to use people's creations/characters in a hateful way

Despite what some people (mostly shitlibs) say, Pepe has mostly been taken back by the Internet at large thanks to efforts of its creator, the ADL, and the multitudes of communities that use it in a positive way. It's actually kind of remarkable. The symbol went from harmless, to a hate symbol used by a vocal minority, back to harmless because people wanted it that way and took action. It's still just a silly cartoon character when you boil it down, but I think the ability to reclaim symbols co-opted for hate is important. I think it's dumb to throw up your hands and say "welp, the Nazis are using this now, we can't use it anymore." All that accomplishes is letting them win. The Nazis said "this is ours now", and the Internet at large basically said "no, fuck you" and took it back. It's kinda cool.

Goddamn this. It's fucking bullshit that people give in so quick. The creator didn't.

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

Why did he only shoot the 3 that attacked him?  He had more than ample opportunity to shoot at least 30 "looters" or "rioters" but did not.  It's a fact that you keep on glossing over.  And for the record, I am fine if they don't allow that parade idiot's video and social media posts as evidence.  I think there is more than ample evidence that he is guilty without it.  Who cares if he gets charged with a hate crime? 

Because he’s smart enough to know that’s outright murder?  

I honestly don’t know that KR went there with the intent to shoot anyone. I can’t credit him that level of serial killer forethought. His video is probably posturing, like a lot of shit people post to social media. I do think he enjoyed the gun posturing and warrior cosplay culture and became the proverbial dog that caught the car. I hope that he has PTSD about it, because the alternative is he’s a fucking psycopath.

Rosenbaum was an idiot and FAFO, no question. I have a similar question about him. Why didn’t he attack any of the other guys walking around with ARs when he had ample opportunity to do so?  What triggered him to go after KR specifically? Is it as simple as KR looking like a toddler with a gun and he thought he could take the gun without KR doing shit about it? Was there more interaction between the two that didn’t get recorded? Was he just that fucking crazy? Charging someone with a rifle isn’t a casual decision. I doubt that was the first time that Rosenbaum’s vandalism was thwarted that evening, so I find it odd that KR putting out a fire was what made him to decide to attack. 

• Hook 'Em 2