Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Wut?  It's a Federal law, it involved parties from different states.  The purchase was for a person who could not legally buy a gun in either state.  They both admitted to doing it to get around that legal restriction and knew it was illegal.  They confessed to this crime as part of the overall strategy to get KR acquitted of murder.

The part about under prosecuting these crimes is the part that every responsible gun owner should be angry about because that is the hill where we lose the public sentiment and the laws on gun ownership start getting tighter because we don't enforce the ones on the books now.

They didn't enforce the straw purchase(s) laws for the Columbine shooting

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Sure, you’ve heard about chapter 1 above.

Chapter 2 is Aunt Jemima’s call to racism.

Chapter 3 is Pepe Le Pew’s sexual assault manifesto.

And the conclusion walks through Mr Potatoe Head and the non-binary gender call to arms.

Is it any surprise a mindset that can equate cartoon frog to a genocidal regime can find offense in absolutely every facet of society?

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

The part about under prosecuting these crimes is the part that every responsible gun owner should be angry about because that is the hill where we lose the public sentiment and the laws on gun ownership start getting tighter because we don't enforce the ones on the books now.

Precisely. I think that you will find that the vast majority of gun owners are aligned with this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Rittenhouse visited Dotard at Mar-A-Lago because of course he's a fan.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/23/politics/trump-kyle-rittenhouse-mar-a-lago-visit/index.html

(CNN)Former President Donald Trump said he was recently visited at his Palm Beach, Florida, resort by Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager who was acquitted last week on all charges after fatally shooting two people and wounding a third during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last summer.

"He called. He wanted to know if he could come over, say hello, because he was a fan," Trump said during an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity that aired Tuesday night.

Trump said Rittenhouse, 18, had left Mar-a-Lago "a little while ago," and Hannity had earlier said that his interview with Trump took place on Monday. During the interview, Fox showed a picture of Rittenhouse posing with Trump.

"He came over with his mother. Really a nice young man. ... That was prosecutorial misconduct. He should have not have had to suffer through a trial for that. He was going to be dead," the former President said.

The comments were in line with ones Trump had made while in office.

A 12-juror panel deliberated more than 25 hours in the closely watched case, ultimately acquitting Rittenhouse on Friday of first-degree intentional homicide and four other felony charges in a verdict that cannot be appealed.

Enter your email to sign up for CNN's The Point with Chris Cillizza.

close dialog

CNN's Chris Cillizza cuts through the political spin and tells you what you need to know.

Sign Me Up

No Thanks

By subscribing, you agree to our

privacy policy.

The two-week trial -- which captured America's attention and was in many ways emblematic of the divided nation -- featured testimony from more than 30 witnesses, including Rittenhouse himself, and video clips from the night of the shootings during unrest sparked by the police shooting of Jacob Blake, a Black man. The verdict opened a fresh debate over state laws on self-defense and the concept of vigilantism.

The politicization of the case comes amid an already tense political environment ahead of the 2022 elections and even the 2024 presidential race.

Trump, who appears to be preparing another run for the White House, has been praising Rittenhouse as the "poster boy" for the right to self-defense.

President Joe Biden, meanwhile, told reporters on Friday that he stood by the not-guilty verdict, saying the jury system of trial in the United States works and must be respected.

"Look, I stand by what the jury has concluded," he said. "The jury system works, and we have to abide by it." In a statement later that day Biden acknowledged that the verdict "will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included," but reiterated that "the jury has spoken."

35 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Wut?  It's a Federal law, it involved parties from different states.  The purchase was for a person who could not legally buy a gun in either state.  They both admitted to doing it to get around that legal restriction and knew it was illegal.  They confessed to this crime as part of the overall strategy to get KR acquitted of murder.

The state part is about his state charge, which may or may not have been dropped now.  I haven't follow that closely.

A federal charge would be this:

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—

(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

(2) is a fugitive from justice;

(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;

(5) who, being an alien— (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or (B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(26)));

(6) who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;

(7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship;

(8) is subject to a court order that restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child, except that this paragraph shall only apply to a court order that— (A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had the opportunity to participate; and (B)(i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or (ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or

(9) has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

Which # do you believe applies to Rittenhouse?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

The state part is about his state charge, which may or may not have been dropped now.  I haven't follow that closely.

A federal charge would be this:

Which # do you believe applies to Rittenhouse?

The video I posted, Nick talks about Binger who is the prosecutor will appeal the drop charge against Mr. Black.

I hate Illinois Nazi Frogs.  (something, something, something, hopping across state lines). 

csb/ my brother used to live in just outside Antioch (that part where the IL/WI border isn't actually a straight line like geography class taught you).  The back of his HOA literally ran along the state border.  It was a heavily wooded neighborhood where you could wander for a mile or so and be completely enveloped in the woods.  Because Illinois and Wisconsin have very different gun laws, it was this kinda hunting no-man's land where you could pretty much enjoy the more liberty-minded WI gun laws with the more generous IL bag limits (at least that's how it was at the time he lived there, this was a long while back).  He's a bow hunter, owns no firearms.  But it's nothing for his friends, even his wife, to store certain hunting rifle (probably even assault rifles) at friends' places right across the stateline (few blocks away).  and he'd let folks use his address for seasonal permits to come over from WI to bag more.  It's hard for us to think about because it takes a half day by car to get to the next state from Austin, but there it takes a half hour on foot.   

Having said all that, I think Kyle's friend is in deep shit.  Discretion is the better part of not going to prison.

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, TexasEd said:

One major difference between a potential federal gun prosecution of Kyle and 99.9 percent of other situations is you have the suspect actually admitting to the crime under oath on the witness stand. Hard for a criminal defense attorney to get around that one no matter how good they are.  

That never happens and somewhat ironically, if they don’t prosecute it will likely be for political reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

One major difference between a potential federal gun prosecution of Kyle and 99.9 percent of other situations is you have the suspect actually admitting to the crime under oath on the witness stand. Hard for a criminal defense attorney to get around that one no matter how good they are.  

That never happens and somewhat ironically, if they don’t prosecute it will likely be for political reasons.

Your boy Gage admitted to a gun crime on the stand but don't see you clamoring for his arrest

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Your boy Gage admitted to a gun crime on the stand but don't see you clamoring for his arrest

Pretty sure I haven’t commented on that but since you ask, if he committed the crime and admitted it on the stand then arrest him. I doubt it’s as serious as a federal straw man gun purchase though so he’d probably just get probation. 

Let’s turn that around shall we. Do you think Kyle should be arrested for a federal gun crime now that he’s apparently admitted to it on the stand? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Pretty sure I haven’t commented on that but since you ask, if he committed the crime and admitted it on the stand then arrest him. I doubt it’s as serious as a federal straw man gun purchase though so he’d probably just get probation. 

Let’s turn that around shall we. Do you think Kyle should be arrested for a federal gun crime now that he’s apparently admitted to it on the stand? 

Good on you.. And as I've said all along,  if he is proven to have committed a crime then throw the book at him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

@JimmyJames I didn't forget about your comment about me not having a UT degree from the other locked KR thread. Let's see your ACC diploma. Frog meme is now apropos. 

20211124_121943.thumb.jpg.64b40c9ad03799032aa6bcd0d1f98325.jpg

I thought/was afraid you were gonna post a dick pick, and what exactly has this got to do with doughboy Kyle?  Blacklab gave me a time out for less. 

Thanks for the laugh though. But until I see you flipping off your diploma I’m not gonna believe it. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Gage was a party to the unlawful pursuit and assaults that led to the death of Huber.  He should be charged with felony murder.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Bravo said:

@JimmyJames I didn't forget about your comment about me not having a UT degree from the other locked KR thread. Let's see your ACC diploma. Frog meme is now apropos. 

20211124_121943.thumb.jpg.64b40c9ad03799032aa6bcd0d1f98325.jpg

10 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Fuck off Penelope Witheredpussy

both these posts earned timeouts.

look, i'm as surly as the rest of yall, but i'm getting real tired of policing bullshit posts. this isn't going to be hornfans or anything of the sort, but i think we can do much better than this as a community. 

try to stay on topic and not troll. i feel like i'm dealing with a bunch of fucking third graders.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

both these posts earned timeouts.

look, i'm as surly as the rest of yall, but i'm getting real tired of policing bullshit posts. this isn't going to be hornfans or anything of the sort, but i think we can do much better than this as a community. 

try to stay on topic and not troll. i feel like i'm dealing with a bunch of fucking third graders.

That bravo post is funny. Thanks for not getting rid of it. 

10 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Gage was a party to the unlawful imprisonment of a guy when had no probable cause and led to the death of two people.  He should be charged with felony murder.

Do you think the state made an ultimatum to either go on the stand and perjure yourself, or you'll be charged for the crime you described above.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

That bravo post is funny. Thanks for not getting rid of it. 

Do you think the state made an ultimatum to either go on the stand and perjure yourself, or you'll be charged for the crime you described above.

If he had immunity, we'd have heard about it.

4 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Sure, you’ve heard about chapter 1 above.

Chapter 2 is Aunt Jemima’s call to racism.

Chapter 3 is Pepe Le Pew’s sexual assault manifesto.

And the conclusion walks through Mr Potatoe Head and the non-binary gender call to arms.

Those sound like points from the left / progressives. You kind of suck at this.

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i have no idea what you are talking about. can you elaborate?

The Jack Reacher quote I posted. Some folks join the Army looking for a legal means of taking a life. It was deemed off topic, I assume due to my not spelling out the connection.

Edited to say the words that KR carried an assault rifle, again IMO, in the hopes of using it, legally, against the rioting commies.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

The Jack Reacher quote I posted. Some folks join the Army looking for a legal means of taking a life. It was deemed off topic, I assume due to my not spelling out the connection.

Edited to say the words that KR carried an assault rifle, again IMO, in the hopes of using it, legally, against the rioting commies.

ah, i didn't do that one. blacklab was on a tear that day, because there were so many off topic posts. i think had you spelled out the connection you might have avoided the timeout.

33 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

ah, i didn't do that one. blacklab was on a tear that day, because there were so many off topic posts. i think had you spelled out the connection you might have avoided the timeout.

Lmao he gave me a shitposting warning for posting a cited refutation of disinformation that Nicole brought into the thread. Pretty sure he just doesn't like when people post facts he doesn't like

• Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Blacklab was pissed off that day. Like an old man sending soup back at a diner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The mods have a tough and thankless job.  But it's impossible to come in and moderate this forum in fits and spurts when the frustration level ramps up.  It comes off as capricious, imo.  Off topic posts and personal attacks and other bullshit has become par for the course on this degenerate sub forum (and I am not pointing fingers on that one). Has been for a long time now, and it bleeds from here into the others when some people don't compartmentalize this sub.  And it just self perpetuates. If you want to police it, it needs to be consistent imo, and not just when the shit goes totally out of control. When you sit by idly for a long time as personal attacks get lobbed around, it just roots in.   

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The mods have a tough and thankless job.  But it's impossible to come in and moderate this forum in fits and spurts when the frustration level ramps up.  It comes off as capricious, imo.  Off topic posts and personal attacks and other bullshit has become par for the course on this degenerate sub forum (and I am not pointing fingers on that one). Has been for a long time now, and it bleeds from here into the others when some people don't compartmentalize this sub.  And it just self perpetuates. If you want to police it, it needs to be consistent imo, and not just when the shit goes totally out of control. When you sit by idly for a long time as personal attacks get lobbed around, it just roots in.   

This is exactly right.  As I posted earlier, I thought this was the designated cesspool, even though DT can be just as political and toxic.

24 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Same for the DT threads. #bothsides

IMHO, justice was well served in both this case and recent verdict in the Georgia case. Here, the three parties clearly attempted to (and succeeded in regards to the skateboard dude) assault Rittenhouse. He defended himself. Since the charge of illegally carrying was eliminated, it was lawful for him to be there, except for the violation of curfew, which every person there was also guilty of. The prosecution was unable to prove that he didn’t think his safety was imperiled, which is the heart of the case. Who knows what would have happened to him while he was on the ground once the mob disarmed him. Was there a good reason for him to be there? $50 million worth of damages to the community says yes. That number is from the NY Times, hardly a bastion of right-wing rhetoric. 

In Georgia, the armed vigilantes manufactured the crisis and were 100% responsible for the murder. Justice was served, although only so because the dumbass lawyer of one of the defendants thought it would help their cause by sharing the video. May they rot in hell. 

Finally, the KR judge was correct in refusing to allow the word “victim” to be used to describe the shootees. The whole point of the trial was to determine if they were victims or not. If they were allowed to be called victims, there is really no point in having the trial, yes? 

Fight me.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Has anyone actually asked jury members what they thought of the clown show circus?  Take your pick as to whether that is referring to the media coverage/actions or the lawyers involved. I haven't seen any interviews. 

Edited by Anastasis

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Has anyone actually asked jury members what they thought of the clown show circus?  Take your pick as to whether that is referring to the media coverage/actions or the lawyers involved. I haven't seen any interviews. 

NBC's booking producer wasn't able to get ahold of any.  😜

• Hook 'Em 4