Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

25 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

If BLM really cared about black lives, they wouldn’t be focusing on the 5-10 unjustified police shootings of black males every year.  They don’t give a fuck.  They are a political organization that loves every time there is a George Floyd.  They are the scum bag attorneys in A Time to Kill who wanted Samuel L Jackson to get the death penalty for martyrs.  

If they really cared about the 5-10 annual unjust shootings or killings like George Floyd, their mission would be educating people not to resist arrest and take a you can beat the rap but not the ride.  They don’t care. They are a political organization.  Period.  

And they lie.  Michael Brown wasn’t a bad shoot.  Neither was this dickhead.  Tamir Rice and Floyd were murdered.  

Just. Fucking. Wow.

So there it is, dear victims of injustice.  If you don't want to be killed, then you should quietly acquiesce to the injustice.

• Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

There was nothing unjust going on until that dickhead fought cops and disobeyed their lawful orders while trying to reach into his vehicle.  He was lucky he only got 7 in the back instead of one in his head.  He created the dangerous situation.  Same thing as that fucktard in Atlanta who shot a taser at the cops

Don’t listen to the cops = you get the firing squad. Punishment fits the crime, amirite? GTFOHWTMFBS

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Just. Fucking. Wow.

So there it is, dear victims of injustice.  If you don't want to be killed, then you should quietly acquiesce to the injustice as prescribed by outsiders.

Added a bit there for clarity.

16 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

There was nothing unjust going on until that dickhead fought cops and disobeyed their lawful orders while trying to reach into his vehicle.  He was lucky he only got 7 in the back instead of one in his head.  He created the dangerous situation.  Same thing as that fucktard in Atlanta who shot a taser at the cops

Do you put your suit on over your klan robe or do you walk around town in it with pride? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Vigilantism sparks civil war and misery for Americans. Who does that benefit? Certainly not people of the United States. 

Fuck you - you fucking fucks (of any political stripe) encouraging or enabling civil war. 

And fuck you to vigilantes - you are nature's defectives. Do not procreate. 

https://library.oapen.org/bitstream/id/eda97d10-51d2-4cd4-a8ad-99cfd5117348/9781138493803_text.pdf

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The venn diagram of people who say this kid acted in self defense and people who say we should train schoolchildren to mob rush school shooters is a perfect circle.

17 year old white teen kills 2 people = good kid, self defense, pretzel logic to excuse his actions 

17 year old Trayvon Martin is murdered = thug, bad kid, minority report level precog of all the crimes he might commit in the future 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NaTeWHO said:

At all? I can see it mostly being the case and I conceded it was only trash.

Two of the three are easily self defense. The first where the guy chased him down before catching the kid and being shot, I'm not so sure. Seems pretty pussy to me, but that doesn't matter. Prove the kid couldn't have feared for his life. Would that guy be dead if he hadn't chased him down?

As terrifying as that plastic bag was, I'm not sure the kid with the assault rifle can really claim to believe that deadly force was necessary to prevent "imminent death or great bodily harm to himself." He certainly has an argument, mainly because he could have feared the guy was going to take the rifle and use it against him. But it doesn't seem like a great one.

939.48  Self-defense and defense of others.

A person is privileged to threaten or intentionally use force against another for the purpose of preventing or terminating what the person reasonably believes to be an unlawful interference with his or her person by such other person. The actor may intentionally use only such force or threat thereof as the actor reasonably believes is necessary to prevent or terminate the interference. The actor may not intentionally use force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm unless the actor reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/939/III/48

Provocation affects the privilege of self-defense as follows:

939.48(2)(a)(a) A person who engages in unlawful conduct of a type likely to provoke others to attack him or her and thereby does provoke an attack is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense against such attack, except when the attack which ensues is of a type causing the person engaging in the unlawful conduct to reasonably believe that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. In such a case, the person engaging in the unlawful conduct is privileged to act in self-defense, but the person is not privileged to resort to the use of force intended or likely to cause death to the person's assailant unless the person reasonably believes he or she has exhausted every other reasonable means to escape from or otherwise avoid death or great bodily harm at the hands of his or her assailant.

(b) The privilege lost by provocation may be regained if the actor in good faith withdraws from the fight and gives adequate notice thereof to his or her assailant.

(c) A person who provokes an attack, whether by lawful or unlawful conduct, with intent to use such an attack as an excuse to cause death or great bodily harm to his or her assailant is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Do you put your suit on over your klan robe or do you walk around town in it with pride? 

Next time your white ass gets pulled over do exactly what that guy did.  Fight with cops.  And then start reaching into your car.   And let us know how that works for you.  

The currently-available Jacob Blake video shows a man shot in front of his children after he ignored instructions from 2 policemen who had guns drawn, walked around his car refusing to comply, and reached in as the cops were trying to pull him away from the open door. More evidence could swing this either way, but if you condemn the cops based on this video, I don’t know what to say.  

And I’m someone who will absolutely shit on cops when warranted.  

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t know about the legality of these shootings. I just know that the 4 people involved (three victims and the shooter), had no fucking business doing what they were doing, and I just really don’t care about their fate. Protesting for most people in the manner in which it’s going down in Kenosha is drama-seeking, just as it is in most cases. No good will EVER come from it, and you could end up dead or in jail for the rest of your life. For what?  To get your fucking point across?  So stupid.  My kids will never do this shit or they’ll have their car keys taken away. 

Take their cell phones and social media away.  They'll be better people for it.

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t know about the legality of these shootings. I just know that the 4 people involved (three victims and the shooter), had no fucking business doing what they were doing, and I just really don’t care about their fate. Protesting for most people in the manner in which it’s going down in Kenosha is drama-seeking, just as it is in most cases. No good will EVER come from it, and you could end up dead or in jail for the rest of your life. For what?  To get your fucking point across?  So stupid.  My kids will never do this shit or they’ll have their car keys taken away. 

Yeah well if mine do it, I’ll take away their yacht privileges!  That’ll show’em!

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Next time your white ass gets pulled over do exactly what that guy did.  Fight with cops.  And then start reaching into your car.   And let us know how that works for you.  

The currently-available Jacob Blake video shows a man shot in front of his children after he ignored instructions from 2 policemen who had guns drawn, walked around his car refusing to comply, and reached in as the cops were trying to pull him away from the open door. More evidence could swing this either way, but if you condemn the cops based on this video, I don’t know what to say.  

And I’m someone who will absolutely shit on cops when warranted.  

I've walked away from cops and into my car while telling them to go fuck themselves. I didn't get shot. I didn't even get arrested.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Fuck off.  Has your pussy ass moved out of the country yet?  You won’t be missed.  

Fuck me?  Fuck you, you sorry ass racist motherfucker.

You know what--why the fuck are you even here?  I mean, nobody likes you.  We all think you're a racist pile of shit.  Frankly, if you were to die, pretty much this entire board would celebrate.

Is it just for the trolling?  Because your life is so fucking meaningless that trolling is a significant source of joy in your life?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

As terrifying as that plastic bag was, I'm not sure the kid with the assault rifle can really claim to believe that deadly force was necessary to prevent "imminent death or great bodily harm to himself."

Was this before he shot guy #1?  At :03-04 into vid.  That isn’t a bag 

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobSmall_Trump/status/1298642555161268230?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1298642555161268230|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surlyhorns.com%2Fboard%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FRobSmall_Trump%2Fstatus%2F1298642555161268230

You're telling me the silver spoon suppository, "tanned and well rested" Johnny Chimpo Sack may be out of touch with the epidemic level of police brutality and disproportionate use of force against black people by the police?? Well that just sounds ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

You know what--why the fuck are you even here?  I mean, nobody likes you.  We all think you're a racist pile of shit.  Frankly, if you were to die, pretty much this entire board would celebrate.

Is it just for the trolling?  Because your life is so fucking meaningless that trolling is a significant source of joy in your life?

Vine Ok GIF

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes, it is. Hint: Molotov cocktails don't flutter in the wind. It is a bag that catches the light just right (combined with the crappy video or maybe some light editing given the account that is from).  A better quality and longer video is posted on the previous page. It is very clearly NOT a Molotov Cocktail.  

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That’s not very nice.  You do seem like you have a very happy life like most privileged white progressives.  You guys are just better than everyone.  Keep it up.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Uncalled for dude. This whole place is a massive trolling game.

I heard Shaq and Charles last night taking up for cops, while Charles said the police unions were way too strong (he’s right) and Shaq encouraging people to get out and vote (and he wasn’t talking about POTUS; he was talking about state and local and county elections - he’s right). Shaq explicitly said he teaches his kids “yessir, no sir, keep your hands on the steering wheel, no sudden movements, treat them with the utmost respect”. The problem is, many blacks do not behave this way in these encounters. And yes I know whites are certainly given more benefit of the doubt. And I think I’ve made where I stand on Blake’s unnecessary shooting abundantly clear. 

None of this is discussed when Johnny comes around. Rather, you talk about people here celebrating his death. Cmon. 

No.  THE problem is that black children have to be taught to treat police like rabid dogs, because if they do not the police have license from us to kill them. That's the problem.

Is it generally good to be respectful to others? Absolutely. All kids should be taught to respect other people. Is it good that black children in particular have to be taught to be as respectful as possible to police, no matter how police behave, because otherwise the police will murder them? Absolutely the fuck not.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yes, it is. Hint: Molotov cocktails don't flutter in the wind. It is a bag that catches the light just right (combined with the crappy video or maybe some light editing given the account that is from).  A better quality and longer video is posted on the previous page. It is very clearly NOT a Molotov Cocktail.  

Here another video. 3:59:07.    I really dgaf but dude was already running so doubt it’s what scared him as the Twitter reply’s suggest. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ss-G-FX3Nys&bpctr=1598478925

12 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

spacer.png

second paragraph was a bit too far 

Just now, wildcat09 said:

No.  THE problem is that black children have to be taught to treat police like rabid dogs, because if they do not the police have license from us to kill them. That's the problem.

Is it generally good to be respectful to others? Absolutely. All kids should be taught to respect other people. Is it good that black children in particular have to be taught to be as respectful as possible to police, no matter how police behave, because otherwise the police will murder them? Absolutely the fuck not.

Cops have a lot of bad experiences with young black males.  And it impacts them.  Police shootings — which have actually dropped significantly the last 6 years — correlate very closely with a demographic’s violent crime rate.  The biggest predictor is sex. Then age.  Then race.  

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Here another video. 3:59:07.    I really dgaf but dude was already running so doubt it’s what scared him as the Twitter reply’s suggest. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ss-G-FX3Nys&bpctr=1598478925

Same video I was pointing you to. Again, it is a fucking bag. Glass doesn't flutter. 

Edited by Dahobbs

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Cops have a lot of bad experiences with young black males.  And it impacts them.  Police shootings — which have actually dropped significantly the last 6 years — correlate very closely with a demographic’s violent crime rate.  The biggest predictor is sex. Then age.  Then race.  

You don't have to keep repeating yourself. Trust me, we're all well aware of the fact that you think police should be able to go hunting for young black men. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

You don't have to keep repeating yourself. Trust me, we're all well aware of the fact that you think police should be able to go hunting for young black men. 

"Ya see, the black folks don't behave.  And because they don't behave, the cops are understandably on edge around them.  So the cops are edgy, and they are more aggressive with black folks because the cops know they don't behave.  And then the black folks react to that aggression, which leads to black folks getting hurt or kilt.  It's a darned shame, but really, it's all the niggras' fault."

Sorry, just thought I needed to transcribe those thoughts into their native "racist Texan."  Any of us who grew up in Texas in a certain era know that dialect.

• Hook 'Em 1

In total agreement. Do black parents have to constantly reinforce this?  Yes. Life’s not fair. Are there too many black parents that seemingly don’t preach this?  It appears that way. 

I’m privileged and white. 

Tell me more about the failures of black people.

source.gif

Yeah and I thought I’d chosen my words very carefully. Do “most” blacks not treat LE with respect?  No, most do. Do enough react way too aggressively for whatever reason?  Yes, I think so. 

That reason is usually the police.

• Hook 'Em 1

That reason is usually the police.

"No, see, son.  It all comes back to this: the niggra needs to know his place in this here society.  If the niggra doesn't make any waves or cause any trouble, well then, he'll be just fine.  But too many of the niggras don't know their place.  They don't, ahem, respect authority the way folks of good breeeding, like you and me, do.  And that leads to trouble for them.  It's a damned shame, but they have no one to blame but themselves.  It's been that way around here since before the Civil War, seems like they just won't ever learn."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Shaq explicitly said he teaches his kids “yessir, no sir, keep your hands on the steering wheel, no sudden movements, treat them with the utmost respect”. The problem is, many blacks do not behave this way in these encounters.

Sorry, but how do you know? What percentage of stops with the police involving Black people are you familiar with? And how do you know how “many” Blacks behave? Define many.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

The ultimate failure is with cops that do not adjust their tactics to fully compliant young black males. But that does not mean all parents shouldn’t constantly preach what I preach and I shouldn’t even have anything to worry about except for a DWI or MIP in college. 

I’m not indicting a monolith. I observe. Maybe I’m way off. 

No. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE POLICE HAVE A LICENSE TO MURDER PEOPLE.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Johnny Sack in contention for the all-time most ignorant, worst series of posts on surly, shaggy hornsfans, geocities, prodigy, aol online, compuserve, uunet, telegraph history. With guys like this running around with this mindset, no wonder blacks are afraid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I just said as much. Overcome it. It’d help it you didn’t storm around a car, ignoring orders, after having been tased. Ultimately police fault for inexplicably firing off 7 rounds into your back. But Blake’s culpability has to be explored. 

While its production underscores the very racism they face, I feel like if Chris Rock’s “How Not to Get Your Ass Kicked by the Police” video made 20 or so years ago would get crushed today for being racist toward blacks. 

I also gave my daughter the "how not to get raped" speech -- don't get trashed at a party with a bunch of people you don't know, and really, don't get trashed at a party at all, don't wear slutty outfits and then go to a party and get trashed, all that stuff.  We all agree that it's good to advise young women on how to avoid these dangerous situations.

But you know who the problem is?  FUCKING RAPISTS.

Cool, cool.  I don't want any more black men to die.  I would like them to be at least compliant enough to avoid getting killed.  But of course, we can pull up case after case after case where black men aren't even given the chance to comply -- the cop just goes straight to assault/kill.  Knowing that, it's damned hard to fault any black man for just doing all he can to GTF away whenever he has an encounter with the cops.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I just said as much. Overcome it. It’d help it you didn’t storm around a car, ignoring orders, after having been tased. Ultimately police fault for inexplicably firing off 7 rounds into your back. But Blake’s culpability has to be explored. 

While its production underscores the very racism they face, I feel like if Chris Rock’s “How Not to Get Your Ass Kicked by the Police” video made 20 or so years ago would get crushed today for being racist toward blacks. 

I don't think you're wrong, but the way you are expressing it is bound to get a negative a reaction.It is, to some extent, a self-reinforcing system. And, it contributes to the "systemic" nature of systemic racism. That said, one side has the responsibility and the power to end it by simply doing their job and putting citizens (including the black ones) before themselves. 

Dude, why 3 paragraphs?  I know and have said as much multiple times in the goddamned post you quoted. 

But the message always just ends up being this: "if black folks would just comply with the jackboots, bad stuff wouldn't happen."  That's it.  That's white America's message to black people.  Gosh, I can't understand why black people are ripshit pissed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jinx said:

This is 2020.  Middle ground doesn't exist anymore.

The middle ground is peaceful protests -- protests by prominent, visible people could get particular attention -- to draw attention to the issue and start a conversation about what is a real, systemic problem.

Black people tried that.  They were told to get fucked.  

Don't lament the loss of the middle ground when we nuked the middle ground.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah and I thought I’d chosen my words very carefully. Do “most” blacks not treat LE with respect?  No, most do. Do enough react way too aggressively for whatever reason?  Yes, I think so. 

You seem like a smart guy, but cmon man. If you intended to choose your words carefully above, it's probably not wise to start with "the problem is" and then finish with "how some black people behave."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Shaq explicitly said he teaches his kids “yessir, no sir, keep your hands on the steering wheel, no sudden movements, treat them with the utmost respect”. The problem is, many blacks do not behave this way in these encounters.  

How do you know that a lot of black people don’t already act this way? The few videos of confrontations? You know there’s hundreds if not thousands of interactions between black people and cops everyday right? 

• Hook 'Em 1

What we need is a group of fine law abiding black gun activists to show up with their AR15s and protect the protestors. Let's see if they are treated the same way as the white gun activists are treated by the POlice. and yeah, I used to be the police union attorney for both Dallas and Travis County chapters of the FOP. 

Okay fair enough. Let’s say I’ve got some black kids I mentor. How appropriate is it for me to say, look this isn’t fair, but it could be your reality, here’s what you need to know. 

I mean, if you'd given me the chance in 1860 to talk to some slaves, I'd have probably advised them to not talk back to their master, so as to avoid the lash.

But I (would hope that I) also would have been a dedicated abolitionist, working to end the evil institution as a whole.  The emphasis should be on the second thing.  From white America, that's the most important thing to hear.  But what do black people hear, over and over and over, from white people in positions of power with huge trust funds?  "If you niggras would just behave, you wouldn't have so many problems."

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

1) Kids don't listen to their parents.

2) "Overcome it" is a fine message, I guess, but you should aim it more at your own people than the people your people are actively oppressing. In fact, it's usually never a good idea to aim that an oppressed group at all.

*puts boot on neck*

"Why don't you just try to breathe harder, boy?"

No no no. The ultimate fault in Kenosha is the cop and frankly cops. You cannot let someone saying “if he had done this differently...” drown out that fact. If that’s all you hear in my posts, fair enough, I’ll just bow out of the thread before I get Sacked. I do think it’s a relevant topic and would like to discuss within this framework without getting negged. 

And....fair enough.

It's just maddening that, from white people in a position of power and privilege, the conversation on their end is almost always some semblance of this "sure, sure, there are some bad cops.....but if we don't want to see more incidents like this, black people have to learn that they need to comply with everything a cop tells them to do.  That will save black lives!"  The note that there's a problem with cops is just an aside, before they get to their REAL point -- we wouldn't have to deal with all of this....unpleasantness, that makes us white folks uncomfortable....if black people would just say "yessir" and "no sir" and submit to authority.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1