Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

17 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 12/24/2023 at 5:33 PM, SimkinsMan said:
Deion loaded up on a lot of junk in the portal again.

Quality was much higher this year than last, but people are gonna see what they want to see.

All I saw was a 4 - 8 season filled with finger pointing and zero accountability from a head coach who was anointed god king status by the two major tabloid sports networks while still, somehow, claiming victim status. It's not that I wanted to see that. It's what was perfectly visible. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

All I saw was a 4 - 8 season filled with finger pointing and zero accountability from a head coach who was anointed god king status by the two major tabloid sports networks while still, somehow, claiming victim status. It's not that I wanted to see that. It's what was perfectly visible. 
What does that have to do with the guys they took from the portal?

Some of you guys get way too triggered by Prime and it shows.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

What does that have to do with the guys they took from the portal?

Some of you guys get way too triggered by Prime and it shows.

When you say "Prime," are you referring to the 57-year-old man named Deion Sanders? I'm assuming that you don't insist on being called "Chewbacca" in your day to day. Would you accommodate me if I asked you to call me "Batman" if we ever met? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, Chooky said:
When you say "Prime," are you referring to the 57-year-old man named Deion Sanders? I'm assuming that you don't insist on being called "Chewbacca" in your day to day. Would you accommodate me if I asked you to call me "Batman" if we ever met? 

See, like I said. Triggered.

"Triggered" is a word that gets overused almost as much as "narrative."

• Like 2

Just now, Chewbacca said:

Why do you care what he calls himself?  Is he a little too uppity for you?

That's adorable and perfectly apt for the current deion disciples. Yeah, I'm racist. You've clearly bought into every sanders trope that's being floated by the head coach who resides in one of the whitest towns in America. Way to go. You've acquitted yourself well with that one. Or, at least, very predictably. 

I'm usually called "cloak room liberal," so this is actually a nice change of pace. But again, who is actually "triggered" here? 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

That's a lame thing to say and you know it. People are perfectly within their rights to criticize Sanders over a number of things.

But his name and the fact that he calls himself Coach Prime?  Really?  Anyone who has a problem with that just has a problem with him period. 

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

But his name and the fact that he calls himself Coach Prime?  Really?  Anyone who has a problem with that just has a problem with him period. 

I think it's silly. I think it'd be silly if Roger Clemens insisted on being called "Rocket" at 60-years-old. It's fucking stupid. 

But, nah, you just go ahead and keep calling people racist for not sharing your enthusiasm for a narcissistic hype machine, like a total piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I think it's fair to wonder if "Coach Prime" the business entity is more of a priority than "Coach Prime" the football coach, or really the Colorado football team im general.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

I think it's fair to wonder if "Coach Prime" the business entity is more of a priority than "Coach Prime" the football coach, or really the Colorado football team im general.

Sure, but anyone who really cares what he calls himself (and has called himself for almost 40 years - it's not like this just came up) just has a problem with him in general.  Chooky is clearly one of these people.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Sure, but anyone who really cares what he calls himself (and has called himself for almost 40 years - it's not like this just came up) just has a problem with him in general.  Chooky is clearly one of these people.

Good point. You can't have an opinion of Deion sanders' coaching career if it appears that you don't have a favorable view of him. @Chewbacca will only consider opinions if you like deion and his irredeemable shithead son. 

And if you don't like him you probably tried to shoot Thurgood Marshall in the face. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good point. You can't have an opinion of Deion sanders' coaching career if it appears that you don't have a favorable view of him. [mention=1769]Chewbacca[/mention] will only consider opinions if you like deion and his irredeemable shithead son. 
And if you don't like him you probably tried to shoot Thurgood Marshall in the face. 
Then talk about the actual recruiting. You've spent the last several posts talking about how you dislike him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

Good point. You can't have an opinion of Deion sanders' coaching career if it appears that you don't have a favorable view of him. @Chewbacca will only consider opinions if you like deion and his irredeemable shithead son. 

Which son isn't a shithead?

• Haha 1

I'm kind of surprised this thread keeps moving. The guy completely botched HS recruiting for his first full recruiting class and the shine has been knocked completely off the gold medallions. 

Being street and relatable to young black players only goes so far if you prove yourself incapable of running a program at this level. Taking the Colorado job was the biggest mistake of his career. He could have stayed at the HBCU level and used his celebrity status to out talent lesser coaches for years. All while convincingly running the facade that he's a great coach but intentionally holding himself back because of his love for the black community and helping these young black players. 

He appears completely outmatched at the P5 or even G5 levels. You can't win without strong HS recruiting forming the backbone of the program and the portal used to get rid of under performing players and patching holes in the 2 deep at a couple of positions. Can't build complete lines with portal year after year and not suck. Just won't happen. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

I'm kind of surprised this thread keeps moving. The guy completely botched HS recruiting for his first full recruiting class and the shine has been knocked completely off the gold medallions. 
Being street and relatable to young black players only goes so far if you prove yourself incapable of running a program at this level. Taking the Colorado job was the biggest mistake of his career. He could have stayed at the HBCU level and used his celebrity status to out talent lesser coaches for years. All while convincingly running the facade that he's a great coach but intentionally holding himself back because of his love for the black community and helping these young black players. 
He appears completely outmatched at the P5 or even G5 levels. You can't win without strong HS recruiting forming the backbone of the program and the portal used to get rid of under performing players and patching holes in the 2 deep at a couple of positions. Can't build complete lines with portal year after year and not suck. Just won't happen. 
He's got a top 20 class. Transfers count, you know. He said he thinks of HS players like the NFL draft and the portal is like free agency. He's not wrong in today's world.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

He's got a top 20 class. Transfers count, you know. He said he thinks of HS players like the NFL draft and the portal is like free agency. He's not wrong in today's world.

Huh? 

The portal rankings are idiotic right now. Quantity over quality is the order of the day for the rankings. CU has picked up a bunch of mediocrities. The portal period isn’t even over. 

You cannot build a program ignoring high school recruiting. Portal players are okay with some elites sprinkled in. CU isn’t getting the elites. 

The problem for you in this thread is that you don’t know a fucking thing about football or roster building. You’re a fanboi for a guy that isn’t showing any real signs of having a fucking clue. Style over substance isn’t going to start winning many football games. 

I’m here for it, nonetheless. Watching you pull the bookshelf on top of yourself is low quality entertainment, but entertainment either way. I especially like it when you call someone a racist. You play that card, as a white guy, about every 5 pages when you don’t like someone else’s argument but have no clue how to retort. Please keep doing that. I laugh out loud every time you pull that stunt. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

dude is absolutely an outlier with high school recruiting and it's either going to work out fabulously for him or he's going to step on a million rakes because of it.

the high school class has 6 recruits currently, all of whom have signed. it's outside the top 100 because of the total points and how it's calculated but it's the lowest recruit p5 rankings in the country. SMU has 10 commits, no other p5 program is in single digits and the only ones i saw with <15 commits were BC at 12, Virginia at 13, SMU and Colorado.

again, it may work out but i just don't see how it happens. to me the way to do this, if you can, is to go full on stars and scrubs. stars from high school and fill it in with more dudes from the portal who are closer to replacement level.

his outlier concept/process is either going to work out really well, which runs counter to everything we know about CFB, or it's going to cause him to fall on his face. it's going to be interesting either way.

When have you seen Deion visit a high school of a prospect? Go watch a game of a high school prospect? I don't think I have seen that yet. Not only is he not taking many HS recruits, he's not even attempting to recruit HS in a manner that Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, or even Steve Sarkisian do. But what do those guys know about college football?

16 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Wonder? For as long as I've been aware of Deion Sanders its been blatantly clear that the most important thing in Deion's life has been the promotion of Deion Sanders. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Good portal players are few and far between, which is why elite programs only take a few.

If Deion didn’t have a son that was really good at QB, they would’ve gone 1-11 again.

His portal players in the 24 class are trash and he has mortgaged the future as well.

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Huh? 

The portal rankings are idiotic right now. Quantity over quality is the order of the day for the rankings. CU has picked up a bunch of mediocrities. The portal period isn’t even over. 

You cannot build a program ignoring high school recruiting. Portal players are okay with some elites sprinkled in. CU isn’t getting the elites. 

The problem for you in this thread is that you don’t know a fucking thing about football or roster building. You’re a fanboi for a guy that isn’t showing any real signs of having a fucking clue. Style over substance isn’t going to start winning many football games. 

I’m here for it, nonetheless. Watching you pull the bookshelf on top of yourself is low quality entertainment, but entertainment either way. I especially like it when you call someone a racist. You play that card, as a white guy, about every 5 pages when you don’t like someone else’s argument but have no clue how to retort. Please keep doing that. I laugh out loud every time you pull that stunt. 

If he doesn't get things turned around the act will wear thin and then we'll see what racism really looks like, probably from his own fan base.

18 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Why do you care what he calls himself?  Is he a little too uppity for you?

Terrible take. 

No one, and I mean no one, gives a shit what “he calls himself”. 

But would you also acquiesce so easily to calling Baker Mayfield, “Heisman Trophy Winner Baker Mayfield” if he so requested. 

No, you wouldn’t.

The only way Sanders should still be called “Prime” is if it’s prefaced with “Pastus”. 

Oh, and that’s not at all racist. Please stop with that crap. 

9 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Idk why(besides the obvious racism) y’all are discrediting a system that ranks a transfer class with ~70% 3 stars 2nd. Deions getting it done. 

I agree with everything in this post. But I strongly disagree with you typing it while in blackface. That part was jarring and unnecessary. 

• Haha 1

Coach Bear, eh?  He insisted he be addressed that way, by players and media?  Just like OA Phillips insisted upon being addressed as "Coach Bum."

Yeah, no.

Edited by slorch