2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

58 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That guy did the same thing to some other anchor yesterday. Fucking douchebag. 

He’s a desperate moron whose managing a shitty campaign. He’s making the rounds on channels with blue audiences trying to score points for Trump by spreading lies and hate while simultaneously taking a shit on the anchors who let him on.

He’s not as shitty as Trump,  but he’s very close. 

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I watched it all. Didn’t know where to post about it. 

Its obvious those two have their own rivalry/issues, which they referenced. I hate Ted Cruz like I hate Oklahoma but he held his own. Which make his giant gash and willingness to roll over ever more baffling. You’d think he’d be salivating for the chance to stab Trump in the dick and break free. But nope. 

“Donald, you leave Heidi the hell alone!  Chuckle.

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Stop being surprised.  Accept the reality -- we are a shitty country full of shitty, shitty people.  We aren't the "shining city on a hill" that we thought we were.  We're a gilded, bullying, dung heap, built on a foundation of cruelty and suffering that we deny in public and gloat over in private.  Trump may be the perfect president for this country at this point in time.  

I was once naive like you, and thought that racism, cruelty, and the like had been beaten back into dark corners, where small fragments might survive, but they would ultimately be of no consequence.  Then, we saw what happened when white people got scared, when they realized that 1) they may not keep their death-grip on power, and worried 2) "holy shit, what if non-white people coming to power treat us as shitty as we treated them?"  And those impulses caused them to come out of the woodwork, and to dial up their shittiness to 11.

Not only did they not have a problem with Trump's infantile bullying last night, they fucking LOVED it.  An old college friend, a super Trumpkin, went on and on last night about how it's awesome, Trump's "a real junkyard dog!"  Of course, I reminded him that everyone knows that when a dog just turns irrationally vicious and dangerous, there's only one course of action....

14885_5.jpg

This made me think of this:

tn2_to_kill_a_mockingbird_1%5B1%5D.jpg

And, as many times as I have seen both those movies and as ingrained as those images are.  I just now noticed for the first time that Atticus Finch's rifle is a Krag.

36 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Don't underestimate the willingness of a person to deface themselves in hopes of one more round at the table. Cruz sold out long ago. He smelled the shit coming at him and he didn't want to be Jeb. He lets Trump piss on him anytime it's necessary. 

He has no spine, but he knows where his bread is buttered.

He may know where it's buttered, but when he drops it I know on what side it's going to land.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not this stupid shit again.

The media has never not been biased. Literally the first example of media in what would become the United States was politically biased.

You mean Ben Franklin’s rag didn’t give the Tories equal linage?

55 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not this stupid shit again.

The media has never not been biased. Literally the first example of media in what would become the United States was politically biased.

I don't see any incompatibility with what I said. But maybe you were responding to someone else. 

5 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

It's amazing looking through the comments to see how many dumbasses think a shirt crease and rosary beads were covert communications devices Biden had on him. Yup, a microphone up his sleeve...very important to have when he's literally standing at....a microphone.  And he should fire his team for leaving a wire hanging loose under his jacket instead of you know...putting it under his shirt or literally any place else.  If anything, Trump as president has made it really easy to figure out who the racists and batshit crazy people are.

This asshole is going to make it so I can't watch Diggstown anymore

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s the fault of the media that the GOP lies its ass off. 

Got it. thanks professor.

What? Try to actually do better than engaging straw men constantly. It really requires only minimal effort incremental to what you are already doing. 

Please, let us all recall that the GOP lost all faith in the media when Romney was beat up for political correctness over “binders full of women” and “the 47%”.  

if that milk toast guy couldn’t stand up to their “tolerance” then who could?  So that lead to Trump’s strategy of “if Romney can’t get a fair shake, then fuck em!”  

The media made Trump. Obviously for worse, but take some blame. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

14 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Please, let us all recall that the GOP lost all faith in the media when Romney was beat up for political correctness over “binders full of women” and “the 47%”.  

if that milk toast guy couldn’t stand up to their “tolerance” then who could?  So that lead to Trump’s strategy of “if Romney can’t get a fair shake, then fuck em!”  

The media made Trump. Obviously for worse, but take some blame. 

Romney got reported on - as he should have been - accurately for the 47% and binders comment.  Do you defend that?  Do you?  

The media didn't have anything to do with "making" Trump.  Fuck you.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

"Wrong and belligerent" hit a little close close to home for you?

Disappointing but not unexpected response. 

Have you ever noticed that when you have no response at all you simply resort to personal attacks? I have. I’m sure others have too. I guess it’s a good default.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Is anything really different at the moment than they have been for the last 3+ years (and much longer).

The media (whether you want to define it broadly or narrowly) is an absolute abortion. You really have to try to drill down as close as possible to actual source materials and run it through your own filter. Everything we are being fed is intended to manipulate and influence us. Truth and transparency is dead all around.  

Or just turn off Fox News, stop following Lagy G on twitter, and close your Facebook account. Then stop pushing Trumpkin talking points like the media is oh so so bad. Stop being a pussy and hold yourself to account for the information you choose to consume. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Or just turn off Fox News, stop following Lagy G on twitter, and close your Facebook account. Then stop pushing Trumpkin talking points like the media is oh so so bad. Stop being a pussy and hold yourself to account for the information you choose to consume. 

LOL. This is good.  I rely strongly on primary source material, and from time to time secondary. You can audit my links if you really want to. I don't watch Fox News, I don't follow "Lady G" on twitter, and I don't have a facebook account. You are a clown, like Jimmy. 

Edited by Anastasis

17 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Romney got reported on - as he should have been - accurately for the 47% and binders comment.  Do you defend that?  Do you?  

The media didn't have anything to do with "making" Trump.  Fuck you.

Do you really believe Romney had any sexism or animosity toward women with that statement?

Regarding the 47%, he was at a GOP rally saying that we shouldn’t worry about converting their base. That is a typical strategy across all politicians in a 2 party system. 

Both innocuous statements were weaponized by the media because they had no other dirt on him. That severely hurt the MSM credibility for GOP voters and reasonable people. 

Not that it mattered.  Obama was unbeatable.  

• Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I really don’t care what your political views are.  Personally, I would classify myself as a center right Republican if I had to put a label on it.  We need more fiscal responsibility than either party has shown.  We need more strategic social programs, rather than what is becoming a universal minimum wage.  But I digress.  My point is, irrespective of your politics, how on earth can ANYONE support four more years of a man who has made it his mission to tear the country apart, continually and continuously embarrasses the country and the office he holds, who caters only to those who support him and the rest be damned, and has made our country an international laughing stock?  It baffles me that anyone can stand behind this guy.  And please don’t say I support his policies, not him as an individual.  You don’t get to separate the two.  I am no fan of Joe Biden, but his comment that Donald Trump is the worst president in American history could not be more spot on.  We absolutely can not afford 4 more years of this.  We deserve better.   MUCH better.  

Hear, hear.

Sadly, we don't have a party to represent us.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

It’s the media’s fault that I have minimal capacity to consume trusted information!!?!

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

I actually blame Cheney and the bill that allowed opinion based news to exist for the sole purpose of selling gold and robot insurance.  That led to the horrible MSM world we live in. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Do you really believe Romney had any sexism or animosity toward women with that statement?

Regarding the 47%, he was at a GOP rally saying that we shouldn’t worry about converting their base. That is a typical strategy across all politicians in a 2 party system. 

Both innocuous statements were weaponized by the media because they had no other dirt on him. That severely hurt the MSM credibility for GOP voters and reasonable people. 

Not that it mattered.  Obama was unbeatable.  

i agree with you, but i think it is just that the 24 hours news needed something to jump on.  i never got the binders full of women thing.  i never got howard dean's yell.  people just wanted something to talk about.

howeva, that's a far cry from creating trump.  one person decided to be a shitbag. 63,000,000 agreed with him. that's on those 63,000,001 people.

• Like 1

Is anything really different at the moment than they have been for the last 3+ years (and much longer).

The media (whether you want to define it broadly or narrowly) is an absolute abortion. You really have to try to drill down as close as possible to actual source materials and run it through your own filter. Everything we are being fed is intended to manipulate and influence us. Truth and transparency is dead all around.  

Well, it was the Republicans who killed the Fairness Doctrine.

They did so with the clear intention of undermining the public's trust in media, so they would no longer be trusted to keep the public informed on the misdeeds of politicians.

You readily fall for that ruse much like all of Nixon's supporters when he insisted W/B were making it all up to hurt his Rep. presidency.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

See my posts before.  MSM created divisive politics.  The result is Trump. He was/is an inevitable outcome of the simulation (which is unfortunately reality). At least he moves the needle on actual policy and economy instead of endlessly campaigning on nothing. 

Edited by Elvis
  • Fuck You 7

Yeah the 47% wasn't spin. That was back when we hadn't accepted the fact that 40% either way isn't going to move. It was unthinkable that the candidate for one of the parties was willing to write off that much of the country. 

The basket of deplorables hadn't been recognized. Obama still thought he could lead them. He didn't know that norms were in the slaughterhouse. 

Now we have Santorum saying that Trump can't say something about white supremacists because that's his base.

Tell me again how reporting what the man said unprompted was an effort on the part of the press.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that facts have a known liberal bias. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Elvis said:

MSM created divisive politics.  The result is Trump.

this is nonsense. but i'll write out your equation anyway.

MSM created divisive politics.

Trump gets popularity for attacking the MSM.

Trump gets elected because people agree with what he says about MSM.

That's the logic process of 63,000,000 of the country's dumbest citizens.  No one sat around and said, "hold on, does that really qualify someone to lead an organization of 2,000,000 that is more important to the world's stability than any other organization in the world? someone checked that he has more than an eighth grader's understanding of the government, correct?  it's not weird that he's never acted in the public good before in his life, is it?  he has some understanding of the office right, and like, basic framework of laws and treaties and stuff?  he's aware of the u.s.'s leadership role and its place in the pax americana no? he's at least heard of the agencies he's going to run, right? at the very very least, he's not going to propose something really stupid like building a 2000 mile wall without considering the thousands of issues that would bring up, then compound that with the laughable suggestion that we won't even have to pay for it, right?"

MSM, even in your equation, didn't create trump.  the fact that we are surrounded by people that have no idea what the president is supposed to do created trump.

• Hook 'Em 4

What? Try to actually do better than engaging straw men constantly. It really requires only minimal effort incremental to what you are already doing. 

Man, it must totally suck to be so fucking smart that nobody understands you.  What are the odds?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Fox was first to have an opinion huh?

And you're sure that the mainstream media is biased. 

I think we're done here. 

Hang on I just found a half glass my wife didn’t finish.  

Of course it is biased. How else would they sell add space?

in response to we’re done here: Come on man!

(Was supposed to be the come on man gif but iPhone whatever)

241B265E-0FBF-44F4-98E5-1BC1063E92BF.gif

Edited by Elvis
  • Fuck You 6

8 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

this is nonsense. but i'll write out your equation anyway.

MSM created divisive politics.

Trump gets popularity for attacking the MSM.

Trump gets elected because people agree with what he says about MSM.

That's the logic process of 63,000,000 of the country's dumbest citizens.  No one sat around and said, "hold on, does that really qualify someone to lead an organization of 2,000,000 that is more important to the world's stability than any other organization in the world? someone checked that he has more than an eighth grader's understanding of the government, correct?  it's not weird that he's never acted in the public good before in his life, is it?  he has some understanding of the office right, and like, basic framework of laws and treaties and stuff?  he's aware of the u.s.'s leadership role and its place in the pax americana no? he's at least heard of the agencies he's going to run, right? at the very very least, he's not going to propose something really stupid like building a 2000 mile wall without considering the thousands of issues that would bring up, then compound that with the laughable suggestion that we won't even have to pay for it, right?"

MSM, even in your equation, didn't create trump.  the fact that we are surrounded by people that have no idea what the president is supposed to do created trump.

You’re skipping the frustration generated by MSM before Trump. Approximately 15 years.  

See my previous  Romney milk toast points as examples.  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4