2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not a joke, and nothing went over your head.  Trump's phrasing wasn't exactly anything intellectually stimulating nor all that uncommon in military / police parlance in some form or another.  I figured dotard might have heard something similar at some point during one of his few briefings if he ever shut up long enough to let anyone else speak. 

We all know Miller is a white supremacist shit heap and maybe that is where it came from, but there are plenty of other avenues that phrasing could have gotten stuck in dotard's pile of cranial tapioca.

Yeah I agree with all of this. I'm personally of the opinion that the dipshit literally just meant to say "Stand down" and couldn't remember the phrase so he went with "stand back" and that didn't sound right so added "stand by." But that's neither here nor there. My initial point was that I find it hard to fucking believe that is a very specific white supremacist prison slang that was just being thrown around the WH to be used and he picked up on it. And if it was, it was by Miller, but I think he's too smart to say "use this Donald" for a debate, or use it at all. Which is all just in support of the idea that I think Denfeld is full of shit. 

23 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Trump would’ve fuckstomped Romney in 2016.

With the establishment field split between Cruz, Please Clap!, and Rubio...yeah I agree.  But would Romney have been able to consolidate support by forcing one of more of them to the way side earlier?  Of course, but maybe. 

How about the Dem side.  With Biden in the race, who do you think comes out on top with the nomination?

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

With the establishment field split between Cruz, Please Clap!, and Rubio...yeah I agree.  But would Romney have been able to consolidate support by forcing one of more of them to the way side earlier?  Of course, but maybe. 

How about the Dem side.  With Biden in the race, who do you think comes out on top with the nomination?

Biden definitely wins both primary and general

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

... I'm personally of the opinion that the dipshit literally just meant to say "Stand down" and couldn't remember the phrase so he went with "stand back" and that didn't sound right so added "stand by." ...

That was my impresion when watching it live.  Trump looked confused and defeated as was asking Wallace what he wanted him to say.

I was actually surprised when I watched the post debate on CNN and Van mentioned how his comments had provoked the (social media) response.  

17 hours ago, Captainant said:

@workswithseed you should really re-evaluate your whole "proud boys are just funnin" deal

Click the video - it's all just clips of proud boys talking about how "we may look nice but we will kill you, we will assassinate you"

https://nypost.com/2020/09/30/who-are-the-proud-boys-a-look-into-the-group-and-its-leaders/

"The Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League both consider the group a right-wing, extremist organization — but one that occupies an unusual place on the extremist spectrum.

In a report on the group, the ADL labeled them “alt lite,” as opposed to more blatant and extreme alt-right groups.

“While the group can be described as violent, nationalistic, Islamophobic, transphobic and misogynistic, its members represent a range of ethnic backgrounds, and its leaders vehemently protest any allegations of racism,” the ADL wrote in the report."

https://news.sky.com/story/us-election-2020-proud-boys-leader-calls-debate-great-moment-as-trump-denies-knowledge-of-group-12086267

So the leader of the white supremacists org is an afro-cuban. Gavin left after the legal battle of the brawl in Manhattan. I don't know why the NY Post didn't say anything about this new leader.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:09 AM, Laga4 said:

I feel so fucking smart after this debatacle for not voting for a Democrat or Republican since Richard Nixon.

These are two loser parties full of people that only help themselves and not the people they were elected to serve.  If you don't believe me just look at who was nominated to lead  the parties.  

We need a strong third party.

I don't really disagree but as Brisket says below, when you're faced with one candidate so utterly deplorable and dangerous as Trump you HAVE to grit your teeth and make the right decision. We must rid ourselves of the toxicity that is Trump.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:17 AM, Brisketexan said:

I used to feel that way.

Then, we were presented with a choice that's a fucking existential threat to the country, and possibly humanity.

So, yeah, sometimes, the fucking choice is EASY.  Vote for the green alien that DOESN'T present that threat.

tumblr_mfwk2tHZjF1rkty0bo1_500.gif

13 hours ago, Elvis said:

See my posts before.  MSM created divisive politics.  The result is Trump. He was/is an inevitable outcome of the simulation (which is unfortunately reality). At least he moves the needle on actual policy and economy instead of endlessly campaigning on nothing. 

79Y0.gif

CNN had a noble-enough beginning. But it helped create the "news as entertainment" environment that we live in. TV news has always been pretty fluffy, at least compared to old-school, stalwarts like the New York Times and, later, the Washington Post. Then we were given Fox News to combat the alleged liberal media. Yes, media members have mostly skewed left. But I will tell you the true journalists don't let it get in the way of the facts of a story. Forget TV, especially cable TV news, forget social media "news" -- that shit is mostly garbage. It's either blatantly spreading propaganda and misinformation and there is no checking sources, verifying facts and information like is still done at the highest levels of the profession.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

79Y0.gif

CNN had a noble-enough beginning. But it helped create the "news as entertainment" environment that we live in. TV news has always been pretty fluffy, at least compared to old-school, stalwarts like the New York Times and, later, the Washington Post. Then we were given Fox News to combat the alleged liberal media. Yes, media members have mostly skewed left. But I will tell you the true journalists don't let it get in the way of the facts of a story. Forget TV, especially cable TV news, forget social media "news" -- that shit is mostly garbage. It's either blatantly spreading propaganda and misinformation and there is no checking sources, verifying facts and information like is still done at the highest levels of the profession.

This.  The large, old-line print media, while they all have a particular PERSPECTIVE, which have always been well-known, are very good at fact-based reporting, to the point of meticulously printing retractions when they get even a small thing wrong.  NYT, WAPO, The Economist, etc. -- all good sources.  Sorry if in this new modern era, "facts have a liberal bias," but that's the way it is.

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I don't really disagree but as Brisket says below, when you're faced with one candidate so utterly deplorable and dangerous as Trump you HAVE to grit your teeth and make the right decision. We must rid ourselves of the toxicity that is Trump.

I agree with that and I will grit my teeth and do my part to try and get rid of Donald.

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

79Y0.gif

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  The large, old-line print media, while they all have a particular PERSPECTIVE, which have always been well-known, are very good at fact-based reporting, to the point of meticulously printing retractions when they get even a small thing wrong.  NYT, WAPO, The Economist, etc. -- all good sources.  Sorry if in this new modern era, "facts have a liberal bias," but that's the way it is.

The basic fact is most people don't consume actual news media. The biggest gripers about the "MSM" have no frame of reference. If you watch CNN, MSNBC, Fox et al. only, you aren't a news consumer and have no basis to have an opinion on news media. NPR, PBS on air, Times of London, NYT investigative department, FT and other reputable print media, these are "the media". The other stuff people list is just an entertainment ecosystem with no relation to actual information reporting and analysis.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

There's his out for the rest of the debates. I won, they changed the rules to favor Biden, so I'm not going to do anymore debates. 

Works for me. You know Joe doesn't want to sit through that again and neither do I. Let the lasting impression of Trump/Biden debates be unhinged Trump, and let's watch Kamala shred Pence (hopefully he doesn't back out), then we go vote.

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Except Trump needs the debates more than Biden because Trump is under water nationally and in key states he needs to win. If Biden simply maintains momentum its game over. 

Your mistake is that you are thinking strategically, not petulantly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Good. Lets get Joe Biden time on all major networks just answering questions and talking to people. Drop out you fat fucking piece of shit. 

If Trump's great hope is that Biden looks feeble and mentally incapacitated, then isn't that exactly what he should do?  His performance Tuesday only got in the way of that.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

If Trump's great hope is that Biden looks feeble and mentally incapacitated, then isn't that exactly what he should do?  His performance Tuesday only got in the way of that.

Maybe. But Biden has looked fine in town halls so far. I'm not concerned. and he can probably set the terms. "Oh, no debate? Well, I'll talk for 50 minutes."

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

There's his out for the rest of the debates. I won, they changed the rules to favor Biden, so I'm not going to do anymore debates. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

disagree.  75 million people watching him is his heroin and i seriously doubt there is anyone left in the white house that will actually tell him it was a bad look. he wouldn't believe it anyway.

What 4th&Five said.  Trump would go nuts at the thought of Biden showing up at the next debate and getting all of the attention.

Trump always believes he's the smartest guy in the room, and he believes he won the debate, and can win any debate.  He will be there for the next one.

And if anybody says anything close to "please don't do the next debate, you'll embarrass yourself", he'll be even more bound and determined.

21 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Trump definitely blew it.  He barely gave Biden an opportunity to speak. The next debate will be a town hall format where Biden is engaging with the voters almost as much as Trump. Biden will show empathy, Trump is not capable of showing empathy. 

I feel pretty good about the next 2 debates. Last one could be another shit show tho.

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Maybe. But Biden has looked fine in town halls so far. I'm not concerned. and he can probably set the terms. "Oh, no debate? Well, I'll talk for 50 minutes."

I didn't say it was a sound strategy.  I said it was their strategy.

I join you in not being particularly worried.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, G650 said:

The basic fact is most people don't consume actual news media. The biggest gripers about the "MSM" have no frame of reference. If you watch CNN, MSNBC, Fox et al. only, you aren't a news consumer and have no basis to have an opinion on news media. NPR, PBS on air, Times of London, NYT investigative department, FT and other reputable print media, these are "the media". The other stuff people list is just an entertainment ecosystem with no relation to actual information reporting and analysis.

Let's be honest too -- the only news that Trump consumes is TV "news." He doesn't read shit.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

omg guys he got us!!!

It’s a familiar refrain from the victim class known as trumpkins. I was gonna vote for Biden but someone was mean to me on the net so I’m voting for trump! 

Newsflash. They were always voting for trump. Because they are victims. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

omg guys he got us!!!

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s a familiar refrain from the victim class known as trumpkins. I was gonna vote for Biden but someone was mean to me on the net so I’m voting for trump! 

Newsflash. They were always voting for trump. Because they are victims. 

It seemed like a lot more Trump fans/incels/qanon types were railing against him than Dems.

And that's not surprising, given his followers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Elvis said:

See my posts before.  MSM created divisive politics.  The result is Trump. He was/is an inevitable outcome of the simulation (which is unfortunately reality). At least he moves the needle on actual policy and economy instead of endlessly campaigning on nothing. 

MSM created?

Gingrich and Limbaugh would argue otherwise as they are quite proud of founding divisive politics. McConnell being the latest practitioner blocking every bill that has a letter D on it.

The thing Republicans understand better than most is a group of people with a target, a target they feel superior to, or learn to greatly hate, is a group that will ignore your every misdeed.

Hitler used it.

Republicans use it.

Turn your supporters against the media, and you are the only one left to tell the story. No accountability, nobody to tell of your misdeeds.

If you are the only one left to tell the story, you can begin to paint your opponent as "evil", bent on destroying the entire country.

Clearly, hyperbolic bullshit but your supporters only hear your narrative and they want to feel superior to, and hate towards something.

All of that to say, you are full of lots of shit.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3