2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

Biden needs to make moves that prevent Trump from changing his mind.  Something like announcing today “I’m disappointed that President Trump has opted not to participate in the debate, but that is out of my control.  Now that there will not be a 2nd debate, I have scheduled xyz for that day.  I look forward to the final debate.”

Despite the fact that Trump has completely and utterly shit the bed in every way imaginable related to them, the debates have way more downside for Biden than upside.  He’s got a huge polling lead.  He needs to run out the clock and devote all of his energy to preparing to prevent the election from being stolen (whether thru disenfranchisement, suppression, legal shenanigans, or outright coup).

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

I mean he has to reverse course, right? 

I can’t imagine bitching out of the debates motivates his base, which is all he has left. 

I'm not sure he can reverse course. The biggest issue, which he's already mentioned, is he can't afford to be silenced. He has to be able to bully Biden or he's probably going to look even worse than the first debate 

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

What does the science say about when a person is done being infectious?

IANAD, but I would think its difficult to say with any certainty through testing.  Much like cancer, any test you use isn't proof that the vector isn't active somewhere in the body, just not active where you took the blood sample.  That's why they rely on incubation windows, and why finding out the date of his last negative test is so important.  Regeneron has already come and said that the antibodies shown in his bloodwork is likely due to his receiving their cocktail full of antibodies, and doesn't confirm that his body is producing natural antibodies.  He needs to isolate just like anyone else until 10 days after symptoms onset or a positive PCR or RNA test.    

38 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Biden needs to make moves that prevent Trump from changing his mind.  Something like announcing today “I’m disappointed that President Trump has opted not to participate in the debate, but that is out of my control.  Now that there will not be a 2nd debate, I have scheduled xyz for that day.  I look forward to the final debate.”

He needs to frame it more from the angle that Trump is scared.  "I never thought I'd see President Trump back down from a fight, but perhaps he's just not feeling well yet.  Therefore, yada yada yada . . . ".

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

CDC says most people no longer infectious 10 days after symptoms resolve. Biden can’t risk his health on that. 

Right,

The Trump's newest campaign is so telegraphed right now, looking to paint a picture that Trump is strong and unafraid, can handle a bout with the virus. Biden is afraid. Biden is weak; if he caught the virus he would die.

This might be reinforcement with those who are already alpha male true believers, but it won't help with demographic groups that he is hemorrhaging : seniors and women.

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Right...so he would’ve been far more infectious during last weeks debate than one 7 days from now. If he can produce negative test results say Wednesday and Thursday of next week, we should be able to have an in person debate safely.

and considering this President's relationship with the truth, could we believe that test?

Right...so he would’ve been far more infectious during last weeks debate than one 7 days from now. If he can produce negative test results say Wednesday and Thursday of next week, we should be able to have an in person debate safely.

Lol you really think trump and his boys will tell you the truth on a negative test? Lulz.

Trump has 0 credibility. You should know that by now.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The question for me is, what is so great about an in person debate?  I've been working from home for 7 months and have virtual meetings every day.  The only thing, which is of course plain as day, is that dotard can't yell over everyone because they can mute him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Honest question. In what world is Donald picking up votes?

I can't imagine any sane person who is still on the fence thinking, you know what, I like how Trump acted like a bratty 12 year old kid in the last debate and how he's now throwing a 12 year old tantrum by not agreeing to play with other children because the grown ups won't let him act like a 12 year old kid in the next scheduled play date.

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I can't imagine any sane person who is still on the fence thinking, you know what, I like how Trump acted like a bratty 12 year old kid in the last debate and how he's now throwing a 12 year old tantrum by not agreeing to play with other children because the grown ups won't let him act like a 12 year old kid in the next scheduled play date.

This is the voter he picked up:

spacer.png

Edited by Bevo14

Lol you really think trump and his boys will tell you the truth on a negative test? Lulz.

Trump has 0 credibility. You should know that by now.

This is science. We all know people are most infectious the days before they develop symptoms which would’ve been a week ago.

Have a Biden hand picked professional perform the tests. If he passes them then game on

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

There are people who voted for him in 2016 that weren't planning on doing it again in 2020, but as we get closer to the election, they have that nagging fear that somehow Biden and the Dems will be even worse.  That's not exactly "picking up" votes, but I think that is where some of the margin of error in polling will show up.  These people live their lives in fear.  They will pull the lever for dotard no questions asked.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is science. We all know people are most infectious the days before they develop symptoms which would’ve been a week ago.

Have a Biden hand picked professional perform the tests. If he passes them then game on

Make him and his whole entire entourage get tested. His fuckhead family do not and will not wear masks. His entourage will infect everyone physically involved in the debate.

12 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

1) he’s still experiencing symptoms 2) a negative result doesn’t mean you aren’t contagious *gesturing wildly* 3) Kennedy and Nixon managed to debate from different tv studios, there’s no legit reason to be on the same stage

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It’s like you’re purposely choosing not to pay attention. Trump isn’t going to agree to that. He didn’t even get tested by an independent person hours before the 1st debate. What makes you believe he would agree to your suggestion? These aren’t reasonable people. The last 3.5 years have shown you that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Depends on what you mean by "produce". 

Produce:  Verb.  To make or manufacture.  

Sounds about right.

It’s like you’re purposely choosing not to pay attention. Trump isn’t going to agree to that. He didn’t even get tested by an independent person hours before the 1st debate. What makes you believe he would agree to your suggestion? These aren’t reasonable people. The last 3.5 years have shown you that. 

Have you? Trump will do anything for in person vs virtual.

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yeah, Dotard is definitely going to go along with having a Biden hand-picked professional test him and publish the results.  In what world is that even in the realm of possibilities?

Can’t risk his health so he’s gonna run the country from the White House basement??? His in person interaction is going to sky rocket if he’s in office.

Yes, not debating a known covid patient in person is the same thing as hiding in the White House for 4 years.  Great point, professor.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Can’t risk his health so he’s gonna run the country from the White House basement??? His in person interaction is going to sky rocket if he’s in office.

I assume he will continue to wear a mask and social distance until vaccinated, like any responsible person. I assume he will also limit personal contact with someone known to be infected.

What is the argument that this debate has to be in person?

Edited by Dark Horse

15 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

that would never happen.

I assume he will continue to wear a mask and social distance until vaccinated, like any responsible person. I assume he will also limit personal contact with someone known to be infected.

What is the argument that this debate has to be in person?

They’ve always been in person. Having johnny on the spot in front of you can be way more telling opposed to on a computer screen. This goes for both sides- were they planning on just locking them in a room with nobody else inside of it?

Why would Biden’s guy have any reason to lie?

No reason whatsoever.  My comment less about Biden and more about Trump having never shown any tendency to allow anyone other than himself and his minions to control a narrative.  At no point would he ever agree to ceding any appearance of control to the other side.  

Yes, not debating a known covid patient in person is the same thing as hiding in the White House for 4 years.  Great point, professor.

Jesus if he’s fucking negative , according to science, there’s no risk to joe. Dispute why it’s more dangerous for him next week than last week. I’m gonna agree with you when you say Trump knew he was exposed or positive at debate time. But next week shouldn’t be an issue unless Trump ends up in Walter Reed again

No reason whatsoever.  My comment less about Biden and more about Trump having never shown any tendency to allow anyone other than himself and his minions to control a narrative.  At no point would he ever agree to ceding any appearance of control to the other side.  

We’re talking about the guy who always gets what he wants. If he extends the invitation to Biden saying to handpick a professional to administer the tests, what’s the issue if he’s negative this time next week

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

You seriously asked why Biden won’t be having more face to face contact with staffers, aides, leaders?

He has face to face with staffers and aides now. There's no reason to think things would be immediately different as president until he is vaccinated.

Jesus if he’s fucking negative , according to science, there’s no risk to joe. Dispute why it’s more dangerous for him next week than last week. I’m gonna agree with you when you say Trump knew he was exposed or positive at debate time. But next week shouldn’t be an issue unless Trump ends up in Walter Reed again

The point is WE DON'T KNOW HE'S NEGATIVE.

For fuck's sake, man.

• Hook 'Em 4

Dispute why it’s more dangerous for him next week than last week.

I dunno, maybe the debate commission doesn't want a bunch of people from his camp rolling up and infecting everyone? Think maybe the fact there is an ongoing outbreak in the White House right now might have something to do with it?

Jesus, pull your head out of your ass. This isn't just about Joe and Donny boy standing on a stage.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Hmbre97 said:

I dunno, maybe the debate commission doesn't want a bunch of people from his camp rolling up and infecting everyone? Think maybe the fact there is an ongoing outbreak in the White House right now might have something to do with it?

Jesus, pull your head out of your ass. This isn't just about Joe and Donny boy standing on a stage.

Listen here son, all your "facts" and "logic" and "common fucking sense"... well, I don't like 'um!

• Hook 'Em 1