2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

I think everyone is fine with the debate being cancelled.  It is hilarious that Trump is backing out because he doesn't want to get trounced again by the guy he spent the last 6 months calling senile.  His own campaign staff knows another debate is going to cost him another couple of points in the polls.

Edited by kevwun

21 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Throwing out the fact that Trump is an ass, I do kind of sympathize with the position that there should be more foreign policy and if this was supposed to be the foreign poliyc debate, and those are the topics, it's worth a little bitching about.

The topics have been changed around a bit because we missed out on a second debate.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

My immediate reaction as well. And fine. There's literally zero reason for Biden to participate in this debate. There's no upside, and a non-zero chance Trump will try to rush over and punch him or have someone try to infect him with Covid. His crowd will show up with now masks and comically coughing up into the air and smirking. Fuck that. 

Makes me think of all those stupid people who thought Biden would go out there and perform 1 million gaffes. Now trump is the one running from debates.

No doubt Stepien is laying the groundwork for Dotard to back out.  And I'm just torn on whether that's a good move or bad.  For any conventional politician, it'd be a bad move.  Trump needs to make up ground, and there just aren't many ways left to generate the headlines necessary to make up the 5-6 points that he needs.  Missing out on a debate eliminates one of those ways.

On the flip side, Trump isn't a conventional politician.  The high likelihood is that he'd hurt himself by, oh, I don't know . . . refusing to reject Qanon.  So from that standpoint, maybe it's a good call for him to cancel the debate.

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm betting Trump somehow wriggles out of thursday. Covid relapse? Maybe.

Covid? Never. That doesn't fit his strong guy image. He'll cancel because he's always treated unfairly or some other victim status pretend reason  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

They are changing the debate rules simply because the President cannot behave like an adult. 
Shit’s wild.

This. It’s on par with having to put up a barrier to keep the candidates from hitting each other with flung shit. And there’s only one shit flinger.

Pathetic. Our country is pathetic.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I agree. He’ll be throwing Biden off and we won’t even be able to know why Biden is stumbling.

Actually, it looks like they’re giving Trump plenty of time to interrupt in “open discussion.”

Eku10HUX0AIxEm8?format=png&name=small
Eku10OWXEAA0t-0?format=png&name=small

Kind of chickenshit IMO.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz