2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, Elvis said:

You’re skipping the frustration generated by MSM before Trump. Approximately 15 years.  

See my previous  Romney milk toast points as examples.  

People are real real mad at the media.  Real mad.  Super mad.  I understand that*

What you're skipping is that for some reason that short circuited 40% of the country's brains such that the don't look for a person with a single trait that is necessary to be a good president.  Trump doesn't like media. I don't like media. Let's make Trump in charge of everything.  It is drooling vegetable level dumb.

*I don't understand that, but whatever.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The 47% quote was MUCH more than “Oh, I’ll never get Obama’s base to vote for me”.

-dependent on the government
-believe that they are victims
-believe the government has a responsibility to care for them
-believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -that that's an entitlement
-people who pay no income tax
-My job is not to worry about those people
-I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives

That right there is some welfare queens, THOSE people are lazy, dog whistling bullshittery.

People weren’t outraged at that fact that Romney stated “47% of Americans will never vote for me”, they were outraged because he said “47% of Americans are shiftless lazy leeches and that’s why they’ll never vote for me”.

The fact that y’all are remembering it as some harmless statement of fact that the media spun against him is maddening. And part of the reason that we’ve devolved to where we are just 8 short years later.

A typical liberal MSM editorial on an innocuous statement. He never said any of that. 

Edited by Elvis
  • Fuck You 6
  • Rage+1 1

I was wrong on the quote. But Romney is a good guy. He deserved consideration not obliteration by the MSM. I bet you wish he was running now. But y’all kicked everyone’s words down their throat so hard it has led to this unfortunate reality. 

Edited by Elvis
  • Fuck You 5
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Elvis said:

I was wrong on the quote. But Romney is a good guy. He deserved consideration not obliteration by the MSM. I bet you wish he was running now. But y’all kicked everyone’s words down their throat so hard it has led to this unfortunate reality. 

Romney is not even close to a "good guy".  You paint him in that light because he's easy to contrast with Donald Trump.  Mitt Romney is beholden to big money -- that's it.  He's a slimy as they come.  He's just smarter than Trump, and (maybe) not quite the racist.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Romney is not even close to a "good guy".  You paint him in that light because he's easy to contrast with Donald Trump.  Mitt Romney is beholden to big money -- that's it.  He's a slimy as they come.  He's just smarter than Trump, and (maybe) not quite the racist.

You can insert “Biden” into every instance of “Romney” in that quote and be equally accurate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Reporting his exact words = obliteration?

Again, you’re loud and wrong.

I literally included his words in quotes in my first post and yet your go to defense was “Lies! The mainstream media did him dirty!” instead of, oh I don’t know, clicking on “New Tab”, going to www.Google.com, typing in “Romney 47%”, and fact checking yourself before spouting off.

Don’t blame the media for your poor memory and your easily swayed emotional response to a factual story about words from Romney’s own mouth.

And don’t deflect to “Hur dur! Bet you wish you had Romney now!”.

No I don’t because - as we can see from his own words - he’s bigoted but he’s sneaky about it. He’s beholden to big donors. He supports all the end results of what Trump is trying to achieve. He just puts his bullshittery in a nicer package.

They both lead to the same ends - I’d rather go against the loudmouth who puts his bad intentions into plain words than one who hides it behind niceties and a nice haircut.

Fuck Romney and fuck Trump.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Dude, that’s a direct quote.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

You’re showing your real motives here trying to say a direct from someone’s mouth is liberal editorializing.

Be better.
My god. He just described trump perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Reporting his exact words = obliteration?

Again, you’re loud and wrong.

I literally included his words in quotes in my first post and yet your go to defense was “Lies! The mainstream media did him dirty!” instead of, oh I don’t know, clicking on “New Tab”, going to www.Google.com, typing in “Romney 47%”, and fact checking yourself before spouting off.

Don’t blame the media for your poor memory and your easily swayed emotional response to a factual story about words from Romney’s own mouth.

And don’t deflect to “Hur dur! Bet you wish you had Romney now!”.

No I don’t because - as we can see from his own words - he’s bigoted but he’s sneaky about it. He’s beholden to big donors. He supports all the end results of what Trump is trying to achieve. He just puts his bullshittery in a nicer package.

They both lead to the same ends - I’d rather go against the loudmouth who puts his bad intentions into plain words than one who hides it behind niceties and a nice haircut.

Fuck Romney and fuck Trump.

Good night. Have fun with your “I hate everything” party.  Hope you have a better day tomorrow. 

• Fuck You 5

25 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You can insert “Biden” into every instance of “Romney” in that quote and be equally accurate. 

Are you seriously drawing an equivalence between a PE leveraged buyout guru who has destroyed more careers than he created and a career politician with a law degree?

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Elvis said:

See my posts before.  MSM created divisive politics.  The result is Trump. He was/is an inevitable outcome of the simulation (which is unfortunately reality). At least he moves the needle on actual policy and economy instead of endlessly campaigning on nothing. 

The 63,000,000 Americans who voted for a corrupt, immoral failed-businessman created Donald Trump.

But the real issue is how the GOP acted in response. The biggest mistake it made the last four years is turning its back to white, college-educated voters.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Elvis said:

Do you really believe Romney had any sexism or animosity toward women with that statement?

Regarding the 47%, he was at a GOP rally saying that we shouldn’t worry about converting their base. That is a typical strategy across all politicians in a 2 party system. 

Both innocuous statements were weaponized by the media because they had no other dirt on him. That severely hurt the MSM credibility for GOP voters and reasonable people. 

Not that it mattered.  Obama was unbeatable.  

Negged for being a disingenuous asshole. And stupid.  The video is pretty easy to find.  

He couldn't verify that 47% of voters are dependent on government unless he threw in all the employees at General Dynamics and Grumman. So he was lying as he was asking for money.  Can you not see that as wrong?

You don't keep "binders full of women."  You treat them like normal people.  

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You're just so smart and above it all. You've got all the answers and aren't a complete full of shit intellectually dishonest windbag.

I finally broke down and put Ana on ignore.  He's just smart enough to entertain some people and throws up a lot links and stuff but it's all a waste of time.  He and Seed are two of a kind, but Seed isn't as cagey.  

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 11:54 PM, Nicole44 said:

Nope. Just a girl. Hey if my posts bother you incels so much...maybe block me or go motorboat the whale ya married.??

That's a good strategy: be a Trump voter but not wanting to say it out loud, so anyone who criticizes your posts is an incel. 

I finally broke down and put Ana on ignore.  He's just smart enough to entertain some people and throws up a lot links and stuff but it's all a waste of time.  He and Seed are two of a kind, but Seed isn't as cagey.  

Yup. Just did the same. Ana sometimes posts interesting stuff. But he makes this board unreadable sometimes responding to ever. Single. Thing. In a separate post. And tit for tat arguing over nonsense.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Elvis said:

You’re skipping the frustration generated by MSM before Trump. Approximately 15 years.  

See my previous  Romney milk toast points as examples.  

The attempts of logic are appreciated, but they are poor attempts at best and laughably stupid.    Fox's own attorney just stated in court they were full of shit and no reasonable person would believe them.  Here you are saying you believe them.   

The liberal bias you claim is called truth and their failure is trying to bend over backwards to appear non-partisan by not exposing the truth. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

What does it have to do with Miller?  Is Rene Denfeld his code name?

I'm trying to figure out if this is a joke I'm missing or something that went over my head. 

The idea is that Trump gets most of his racist vernacular from Miller, his chief supremacist on staff. I don't think Trump is well versed in the prison language of white supremacists, even if he's a racist. Miller might be. So if Trump deliberately used that phrase, the supposition is that it came from Miller.

SeriousSomberGoa-size_restricted.gif

21 minutes ago, Nivek said:

The attempts of logic are appreciated, but they are poor attempts at best and laughably stupid.    Fox's own attorney just stated in court they were full of shit and no reasonable person would believe them.  Here you are saying you believe them.   

The liberal bias you claim is called truth and their failure is trying to bend over backwards to appear non-partisan by not exposing the truth. 

Fox News Corp is so devoted to truth they even laid off 70 employees, mostly in their straight news room (as opposed to their opinion celebrities). Alternative reality delivered straight to your veins!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm trying to figure out if this is a joke I'm missing or something that went over my head. 

The idea is that Trump gets most of his racist vernacular from Miller, his chief supremacist on staff. I don't think Trump is well versed in the prison language of white supremacists, even if he's a racist. Miller might be. So if Trump deliberately used that phrase, the supposition is that it came from Miller.

SeriousSomberGoa-size_restricted.gif

Not a joke, and nothing went over your head.  Trump's phrasing wasn't exactly anything intellectually stimulating nor all that uncommon in military / police parlance in some form or another.  I figured dotard might have heard something similar at some point during one of his few briefings if he ever shut up long enough to let anyone else speak. 

We all know Miller is a white supremacist shit heap and maybe that is where it came from, but there are plenty of other avenues that phrasing could have gotten stuck in dotard's pile of cranial tapioca.