NFL Covid Announcement Stuff

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

If I was asked before the season to pick 5 high profile players to come down with COVID during the season, Cam would have been one of them.

Ya! I’m sure Bellichick is thrilled to roll with Hoyer or Stidham vs the Chiefs. Since I don’t bet and don’t care for the Patriots I am cool with them having to use their backup QBs.

22 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

If I was asked before the season to pick 5 high profile players to come down with COVID during the season, Cam would have been one of them.

I would’ve definitely said that about Zeke, but Cam doesn’t exactly strike me as dumb like Zeke does. I don’t think you can play qb for Bellicheck if you are. I get what you’re saying, but it seems like you can borderline do everything right and still end up testing positive. I bet a ton of people on this board have had it without even realizing they had it because they aren’t getting tested 2 times a day every single day. 

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Make them forfeit the games they can’t play. 

If everything that’s being reported is true, I feel like this is the only way. Which sucks, because I would hate to be a divisional opponent of a team that for the benefit of a win by forfeit against an undefeated titans team. 

we all hoped the NFL had sort of figured out covid, but they cant put 75 people (or whatever it is) per team in fucking isolation. Even if they tried, too many of these guys have their boys they want to hang with and no one is watching those boys and their activities when they arent with the players

and even if the NFL really try, lets be honest, of all 4 major sports, the "boneheaded-ness" factor of the NFL players as a whole is a fuckload higher than any of the other major sports.

The teams with playoff thoughts might bear down and do a players only "dont fuck around meeting", but what happens in 2 weeks if the Texans and Falcons are both 0-6 and the players on those teams start saying fuck it, why bother being hyper-vigilant with Covid now?  we arent gonna be in the playoffs, so who fucking cares if we get it. 

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

we all hoped the NFL had sort of figured out covid, but they cant put 75 people (or whatever it is) per team in fucking isolation. Even if they tried, too many of these guys have their boys they want to hang with and no one is watching those boys and their activities when they arent with the players

and even if the NFL really try, lets be honest, of all 4 major sports, the "boneheaded-ness" factor of the NFL players as a whole is a fuckload higher than any of the other major sports.

The teams with playoff thoughts might bear down and do a players only "dont fuck around meeting", but what happens in 2 weeks if the Texans and Falcons are both 0-6 and the players on those teams start saying fuck it, why bother being hyper-vigilant with Covid now?  we arent gonna be in the playoffs, so who fucking cares if we get it. 

NHL and NBA proved the bubble works but you’re right. NFL has so many more people involved it’s Impossible 

10 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The good news is none of these players seem to have actually gotten sick. Basically just waiting on the two negative tests. 

And really, we shouldn't expect any of the players to get seriously sick - they're generally in peak physical condition without any comorbidities.

The coaching and facilities staff are another story. And the families of the players who get to enjoy second-hand COVID exposure.

5 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

And the Falcons had been doing so well containing Covid. That's odd that they would all of a sudden fall behind in their efforts to stop it.

On the plus side, maybe this means we're in the 4th quarter of the pandemic.

• Hook 'Em 2