Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

On 5/20/2024 at 9:14 PM, YGIFS said:

A lot can change but as of today, were Trump to win…Paxton would get a more prominent appointment To AG.  I think Abbott probably gets Court of Appeals and Cruz gets a SCOTUS seat when Thomas, Alito, or Sotomayor dies.  Good news is they all leave Texas.  Bad news is Trump is president again and they control the nation, not just the Lone Star State

Yeah, but for those of us not in Texas, we prefer you'd keep them there, thanks.  Ted Fucking Cruz on the SC or Paxton as AG is a nightmare scenario for the rest of the country.

• Hook 'Em 3

Come on man!

Huckabeef.thumb.png.fe62ddf917be712e5a30f287f397fde4.png

One could make the argument that that thing becoming a governor of a state, even as shitty and backwards as Arkansas, is the final nail in the coffin of democracy. Its like why bother with civilization, let alone government. Lets just live in little hamlets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2024 at 8:13 AM, bolverk said:

Trump will just name him "acting" AG to avoid the Senate.

Trump would full the entire cabinet with acting secretaries. And the right would eat that up, as showing the Libtards who's the boss.

So, some kind of interesting shit on the Bar and Paxton.  The Bar filed a disciplinary suit against Paxton in Collin County over misrepresentations he made in the abortive petition directly to the Supreme Court.

Paxton claimed he was immune from suit as this was an action of the AG.  The trial court disagreed, as did the Dallas Court of Appeals.

He's now petitioning the Texas Supreme Court.

This is all just preliminary shit but at least he's losing.  An interesting aspect is that the trial judge who ruled against him is the same one that granted summary judgment to Powell after the Bar fucked the dog.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Oh man if there’s one thing I’m confident in it’s the Tx SC absolutely salivating at the idea of nailing Paxton 

/s

I presume this is sarcasm?

No GQP official wants to take on Paxton.  Why?  Because he will take them out.  He is the most powerful state official we've seen in a century.  Abbott and Patrick are scared of him.  He has weaponized the MAGAs to perfection.  GQP official who goes against him?  He will take you out in the primary (see what happened to our other high court, the Court of Criminal Appeals, this last primary).

They will do whatever he wants them to do, or else they will be looking for a new job.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Oh man if there’s one thing I’m confident in it’s the Tx SC absolutely salivating at the idea of nailing Paxton 

/s

Well I'd like to see Ol Kenny Paxton wriggle his way out of THIS jam!

20 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, some kind of interesting shit on the Bar and Paxton.  The Bar filed a disciplinary suit against Paxton in Collin County over misrepresentations he made in the abortive petition directly to the Supreme Court.

Paxton claimed he was immune from suit as this was an action of the AG.  The trial court disagreed, as did the Dallas Court of Appeals.

He's now petitioning the Texas Supreme Court.

This is all just preliminary shit but at least he's losing.  An interesting aspect is that the trial judge who ruled against him is the same one that granted summary judgment to Powell after the Bar fucked the dog.

I'm sure the consequences for Paxton will be devastating. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TDunk said:

They’ll look the other way

Me banging the chick in the red shirt while Paxton walks in shocked, "Just avert your eye, Ken!  No, your other eye.  Singular.  Plural.  Dammit, just go away!"  

55 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

proving that senators were bought off?

the fucking presiding trier literally accepted a $3M payoff immediately before the trial in one of the most naked acts of corruption ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

Same reason it took several years to initiate impeachment hearings, SEC hearings, fraud indictments, etc.  He's protected from up on high until he's no longer needed.  And then it's open season.  

Just now, YGIFS said:

Same reason it took several years to initiate impeachment hearings, SEC hearings, fraud indictments, etc.  He's protected from up on high until he's no longer needed.  And then it's open season.  

And yet, we're still waiting for the cartels to get their act together.

Dude, they're not gonna touch an elected official until he's well outta office.  He's got legal protection the likes of which I've never seen.  The only thing that's gonna get him outta office since nobody can seem to beat him at the ballot box is Nate Paul turning on him as I've indicated for years.  But I'm guessing Nate has been "advised" that doing so will have even worse consequences than he's facing already, either legally or given notice that an infrastructure crew in Juarez is reinforcing a bridge to accommodate Nate's giant fucking head.  

I'd rather taste the MAGA Barbie's ass.  

Blows me away (pun intended) that Don, Jr. still gets his shit locally through an entourage member from a nearby bar/hotel/club employee instead of traveling with it.  Nobody would recognize his errand guy, and even Don Jr. wouldn't resonate with most people in that world...but the fucking moron broadcasts his travel schedule on social media every week.  Really not that difficult to figure out if somebody doesn't mind being hunted by MAGA lunatics for a year or two.  

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Why did it take the State Bar 3 1/2 years to initiate proceedings?

The Bar filed suit in May 2022.  The trial court ruled against him, the Dallas Court of Appeals ruled against him, now it's at the SCoTX.

Earlier, I mentioned that the trial court judge was Andrea Bouressa, the same one who poured out the Bar in the Sidney Powell case.  That was bad reporting.  It was filed in her court, but a Kaufman County judge, Casey Blair, was appointed to hear the case.  Much like Powell's case was filed in a Dallas County court, but a Collin County judge appointed to hear it.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Why did it take the State Bar 3 1/2 years to initiate proceedings?

Come on, it’s not like he violated any serious standards of behavior like doing the jerk-off  hand motion in court or not returning phone calls. 

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The Bar filed suit in May 2022.  The trial court ruled against him, the Dallas Court of Appeals ruled against him, now it's at the SCoTX.

Earlier, I mentioned that the trial court judge was Andrea Bouressa, the same one who poured out the Bar in the Sidney Powell case.  That was bad reporting.  It was filed in her court, but a Kaufman County judge, Casey Blair, was appointed to hear the case.  Much like Powell's case was filed in a Dallas County court, but a Collin County judge appointed to hear it.

In tech, responding to frustration and complaints this way is called “sending the client an org chart.”

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

In tech, responding to frustration and complaints this way is called “sending the client an org chart.”

Also, filing suit in a district court is about the third or fourth step in a grievance process under Texas' relatively new disciplinary rules.

It used to be that almost everything initially went to a Grievance Panel comprised of attorneys and laypeople that decided on a sanction or no sanction.  If the lawyer didn't accept the sanction s/he could have the case heard over again in the district court.

Now, things muddle along for a few months and if the grievance is determined to state a claim, the lawyer has the option of going to the district court or before the grievance panel.  District court proceedings are public and therefore used to be pretty rare, while grievance panel proceedings are private until and unless the sanction is public.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/9/2024 at 8:13 AM, troph said:

Why is he so “powerful” and then upon departure a “dead man walking” those two things don’t seem to jibe.

Lobo gonna Lobo.

Paxton is MAGA and MAGA protects MAGA. That's all it is. There's not a fucking Keyser Soze operating everything from behind the scenes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

He was already pulling this scheme with Nate Paul before MAGA was a thing.  I stated as much way back when.  

For the umpteenth time, he cannot be touched while in office.  So he bribes, schemes, and legally maneuvers (including MAGA favors) to maintain office.  After that, it's trouble.

This is not that complicated. 

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

seriously. why? why even fucking bother. that toothpaste is already out of the tube. 

Being a Republican office holder is not about making life better for your constituents (all of them, including the ones who didn’t vote for you), it’s about owning the libs, which is “winning” in the eyes of Republicans, because they are children and everything is a fucking contest with them.

• Hook 'Em 1