Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

Looking like a 7-5 type season and a Texas Bowl matchup with TCU/Tech.

Two more road games @ Ole Miss and @ LSU.  They ain't winning those two.  Plus we'll get some Freshwater trolling.

Remaining home games are South Carolina and Miss. State.  Both those teams are terrible this year.  If the Pirate was still around then it'd be a Loss.  Arnett decided to change up to a ground and pound team, which will play right into what aggy wants.  Maybe the Miss. State defense keeps them in the game with all the 6th year players they have?  Hopefully Will Rogers can pull a Nick Fitzgerald and go 3-0 against aggy.  Lastly, they have the laugher of November cupcake in Abiline Christian.

• Like 1

Yep and that would put them at a smooth 12-12 the past 2 seasons before the bowl game, and 100% sure that next season weigman, the dline, and the rest of the ‘22 class will dominate college football as upperclassmen. It will have always been THE year. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 hour ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Are we sure that Cuckbo's Crew is actually better than South Carolina?  Their losses are to North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida.  Aggy isn't beating any of them.

South Carolina will be the closest game to a toss-up left. I could see either team winning, but aggy's  DL is elite and South Carolina's OL is not.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

South Carolina will be the closest game to a toss-up left. I could see either team winning, but aggy's  DL is elite and South Carolina's OL is not.

aggy dl will be missing two pieces on the inside. We shall see how that affects them either from rotating players from lower in the depth chart, or not rotating as often. 

5 hours ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Are we sure that Cuckbo's Crew is actually better than South Carolina?  Their losses are to North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida.  Aggy isn't beating any of them.

South Carolina's OL is a disaster

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Fud said:

South Carolina's OL is a disaster

I posted this in another thread but the South Carolina game is a weird one. They suck at everything other than the passing game which just happens to be aggys weakness. 

As shitty as South Carolina is, Rattler and Legette is a pretty legit duo at QB/WR. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

12 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If you're a DC and not bringing pressure as much as possible vs them you're absolutely stupid.

Yeah, the gameplan from Arkansas made zero sense. Only rushing 3 was so stupid. 

You just overwhelm this aggy OL with pressure and they have no clue what to do. The OL can't handle it, Johnson can't process quick enough, and Jimbo/Petrino have shown no ability to scheme around it. 

11 hours ago, Skipper said:

At some point no matter how rich you are, pissing away $$ for the same results year after year has to take it's toll one would think.  This season is already a lost cause from their perspective.  And it would be a minor miracle for Johnson to stay healthy the rest of the way through with that OL.  If they get blown out by Lane Kiffin, which is a distinct possibility given matchup problems they will have in that game, these theories may get tested.

It really only takes one or 2 who really want to see things happen, and Aggies have a few.  There are bigger issues in B/CS that money won’t solve, but as long as there’s hope and emotional investment the money will continue.  

like him or hate him but if not for Red we might be at >50 years instead of only 18. Wasn’t just him but he played a big role and we don’t have a bunch of dumb fucks standing around defending the honor of a racist statue and old klan robes because tradition or whatever their excuses are.  

• Hook 'Em 1

That’s the one variable of the equation that I don’t quite think I get. These 5 star types can get money from quite a few programs.  Why go to a place like aggy?  You know they are told of some of the cultural things if it by competing coaches then by players, family, or friends. 
so there must be a premium, right?  There’s no such thing as too much money, but it has to be pretty substantial for some of these guys to spurn programs close to home and/or that they have been fans of.  
is there ever a point where the word is that it’s not worth it, take less to go and be happier?  Or maybe it’s easy money there or something- but that’s not the rep of the coaches. 

- Have fans of the school everywhere around you growing up
- Be a teenager and not have experience or perspective
- Get paid at a top level
- Get worshipped and adored around campus
- High-end facilities
- Easy academics

A&M is weird, but the football players aren't in the Corps or the milkmen brigade or whatever else. That's other people doing weird shit that they never see or deal with. A dumbass teenager might think the Corps is real military, so whatever weird shit they do is just "I don't know, military or whatever". The players are in a separate world of weed smoke, guns, pill dealing, skipping practice, underachieving, and high-HP domestic cars in parking garages.

Player unhappiness probably has a lot more to do with Jimbo's failures as a program leader/coach than Aggie weirdness. A coach who turned out more draft picks and won more wouldn't have the roster churn issues, I think.

I doubt there's a massive premium, but I'm sure someone with actual knowledge and not just my supposition will come along and elucidate.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Good.  Every coach in the region will be telling recruits that Dumbo is on the hot seat.  Plus we'll get Looch sunshine pumping throughout the spring/summer.

You think recruits are going there because of the coaches?  Didn't they pull a 5* DL from 1,500 miles away with vacant DC and DL positions?

Hell, Jimbo on the hot seat may be a positive.  Get paid a lot to go.  Then reopen the recruitment once he's fired.  That's 2 paydays.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

- Have fans of the school everywhere around you growing up
- Be a teenager and not have experience or perspective
- Get paid at a top level
- Get worshipped and adored around campus
- High-end facilities
- Easy academics

A&M is weird, but the football players aren't in the Corps or the milkmen brigade or whatever else. That's other people doing weird shit that they never see or deal with. A dumbass teenager might think the Corps is real military, so whatever weird shit they do is just "I don't know, military or whatever". The players are in a separate world of weed smoke, guns, pill dealing, skipping practice, underachieving, and high-HP domestic cars in parking garages.

Player unhappiness probably has a lot more to do with Jimbo's failures as a program leader/coach than Aggie weirdness. A coach who turned out more draft picks and won more wouldn't have the roster churn issues, I think.

I doubt there's a massive premium, but I'm sure someone with actual knowledge and not just my supposition will come along and elucidate.

I watched the weekly video they put out for their Alabama game and it had video of players handing out pizzas to students in the ticket line. One of the players casually drops that all his classes are online so he hasn’t been to campus in a while and he thought it was neat to see the passion from the other students who he is rarely around.

This has to be a big selling point for them. Is this not common at other schools? Come here and most if not all your classes will be online. It also shields the players from the weirdo campus.

Edited by TheRRKid
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheRRKid said:

I watched the weekly video they put out for their Alabama game and it had video of players handing out pizzas to students in the ticket line. One of the players casually drops that all his classes are online so he hasn’t been to campus in a while and he thought it was neat to see the passion from the other students who he is rarely around.

This has to be a big selling point for them. Is this not common at other schools? Come here and most of not all your classes will be online. It also shields the players from the weirdo campus.

It’s not just the players that have online classes.  My wife’s nephew spent a semester there and 3 of 4 classes he had were online.  They exploded enrollment without adding things like classrooms and faculty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s not just the players that have online classes.  My wife’s nephew spent a semester there and 3 of 4 classes he had were online.  They exploded enrollment without adding things like classrooms and faculty. 

Yeah, it's a common thing here for us to think recruits are talking about Texas when they talk about wanting "good academics", but really what a lot of them want is an easy path to a degree. Online classes only while being "supported" by multiple tutors sounds like the way to go if that's your goal.

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You got your law degree from Costco?!

Yeah, No, that’s only for smart people.  I got mine from Texas A&M Blinn online campus brought to you by Carls Jr.   Dumbass.