Chris Del Conte is a Gigantic Pussy

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

Just now, phdhorn said:

Part of the letter this is what is known in the literary world as "fellating:"

Right now, we need to focus on moving forward, staying behind our team and cheering like heck to get a win at West Virginia. We then can welcome our Horns home for Senior Day on the Friday after Thanksgiving at 11 a.m. CT versus K-State. I know we're all really disappointed, and there's a lot being said, but this is not a time to splinter or pull apart in any way. We need to stay positive and remain united as a Longhorn Family. We know there are better days ahead, and I know y'all will continue to be the wind beneath our wings to help lead us there. That was obvious with how you turned out and turned up the volume on Saturday as our team fought and came back at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium. I would be remiss if I didn't give y'all a huge thank you for the incredible support on gameday. From Bevo Blvd, Smokey's Midway, Longhorn City Limits and all the pregame festivities until the final whistle, you came out in full force, and brought your patented passion, pride and Texas Fight. You hung in there and gave us all you had until the bitter end, and we are so grateful for each and every one of you.

Smokey's Midway is embarrassingly low budget for the University of Texas, Chris. 

If any of this is a true about donors deciding who plays......

It becomes clearer by the day why Texas sucks in football. Texas has Eltife making football hires and then this stuff going on? This program is really run by a bunch of rich white old farts. Awful. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If any of this is a true about donors deciding who plays......

It becomes clearer by the day why Texas sucks in football. Texas has Eltife making football hires and then this stuff going on? This program is really run by a bunch of rich white old farts. Awful. 

Jones has been known to bitch about anything and everything about Texas, true or not.   I highly doubt boosters are choosing who plays.  But when you’re this down everyone will pile on and exaggerated and I’m pretty sure that’s what’s going on here.  

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 12:54 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

I didn't say or think non revenue sports are "taking away" from football.  I just said no one gives a shit about them so who fucking cares if we win the Director's Cup?  It's a worthless "championship". 

We're Texas, we used to be a football school, now we're the Director's Cup school.  Yippee. 

Well, let's see.

We were a football school for most of the 70s.  Not the 80s or 90s.  Had a nice run in the aughts.  And we haven't been a football school for a decade.  We've been falling behind on all our all-time win records that were established before most posters here were alive.

Seems like the operative term there is "used to be."

Yet, despite the single decade of semi-dominance and an NC in the last half century, we're the richest athletic department in the country.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 11/14/2021 at 2:16 PM, Jive Turkey said:

Our best and brightest who are leaving the state aren’t going to Bama. They’re going to Ivy League schools and Stanford and the UC system and UVA and Michigan. Not SEC schools (outside Vanderbilt).  

Sure they are if money is the issue.  300k worth of scholarships for Nursing School plus a MBA.  Yeah that’s the going offer from Bama.  

On 11/18/2021 at 4:22 PM, Hook1997 said:

Jones has been known to bitch about anything and everything about Texas, true or not.   I highly doubt boosters are choosing who plays.  But when you’re this down everyone will pile on and exaggerated and I’m pretty sure that’s what’s going on here.  

He also wanted to keep Charlie 

On 11/16/2021 at 9:04 AM, Js1 said:

Yeah, UConn is really bad at football because of Geno Auriemma. 

That OU softball and gymnastics team is totally hurting OU's football program! 

Dumbass.  OU has out cheated, marketed, and used politics better than Texas and most of the schools that care about football.  An example is OU having the College Softball World Series is exactly the type of out politicking Texas has had it’s ass kicked in.  

The point is we are still sitting on our asses throwing money, but have no other plan.  

A case could be made the Big 12 turned a blind eye on more than a few things or even colluded against Texas through the entirety of the Big 12 existence.  I would also suggest that this ran through Kansas City and Indianapolis.  

The officiating alone is damning.  Now that we’re gone the Big 12 can be expected to devalue the Texas brand as much as possible before departure.

We keep our head in the sand long enough my grandchildren won’t even know the words to the Eyes of Texas.

Somewhere in Belmont an administrator is sitting in some costly new office furniture with just the right pillows to match apologizing and thankful. 

If you understand that comment you probably are as fed up as I am..

Good new the SEC gives no shits.  Texas, eATMe, and BlowU they don’t care they own college football.  

It’s a great time to change our entitled state to a kick ass take no prisoners football school.

If we don’t have the right team to get the right calls it’s our fault.  Four easy wins a year and Texas money might just get us back for a long run.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 12:54 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

I didn't say or think non revenue sports are "taking away" from football.  I just said no one gives a shit about them so who fucking cares if we win the Director's Cup?  It's a worthless "championship". 

We're Texas, we used to be a football school, now we're the Director's Cup school.  Yippee. 

From the viewpoint of the Football program the entire rest of the University not only doesn't generate any revenue, but is actually a drain on the football program's resources along with the non revenue sports.  When are we going to just ditch the University?

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

On 11/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, phdhorn said:

Part of the letter this is what is known in the literary world as "fellating:"

Right now, we need to focus on moving forward, staying behind our team and cheering like heck to get a win at West Virginia. We then can welcome our Horns home for Senior Day on the Friday after Thanksgiving at 11 a.m. CT versus K-State. I know we're all really disappointed, and there's a lot being said, but this is not a time to splinter or pull apart in any way. We need to stay positive and remain united as a Longhorn Family. We know there are better days ahead, and I know y'all will continue to be the wind beneath our wings to help lead us there. That was obvious with how you turned out and turned up the volume on Saturday as our team fought and came back at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium. I would be remiss if I didn't give y'all a huge thank you for the incredible support on gameday. From Bevo Blvd, Smokey's Midway, Longhorn City Limits and all the pregame festivities until the final whistle, you came out in full force, and brought your patented passion, pride and Texas Fight. You hung in there and gave us all you had until the bitter end, and we are so grateful for each and every one of you.

"wind beneath our wings..."

Someone told me about this and I thought they were joking.  Are you kidding me?  MF should be fired for this alone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's not all bad. Football is the only bad program in the athletic department. 

And that’s the only sport where CDC has absolutely no voice in hiring the coach. We leave that decision to the Cigars.  What a way to run an athletic department. Let the big swinging dicks hire the coach of the most important team. 

11 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

And that’s the only sport where CDC has absolutely no voice in hiring the coach. We leave that decision to the Cigars.  What a way to run an athletic department. Let the big swinging dicks hire the coach of the most important team. 

Were you told this, or were you there at the time? Just curious how you know this to be the case. Not trying to be confrontational, but the word I got differs from your account.

6 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Okay, but that's different than it being "all Eltife". 

I don't believe the majority of posters or ANY of the press have clue one what the dynamic is like between the power brokers. They all want to think they do, and some are eaten up that they have no input.

Footballscoop and other 9.95 sites have reported Eltife was the point guy on Sark. How involved were the BMDs? No clue but it definitely sounds like he was the guy running the show and dictating decisions. 

On Herman, it sounds like it was primarily the BMDs that were dictating that decision. 

It's why Jive Turkey and Hookem2147 were both right. Who cares if it's "one guy" when it's anybody other than the athletic director making these hires? The point Jive Turkey and Hookem2147 were both making is that it's idiotic that we have people other than CDC making hires and they're right. 

Edited by texasstrong12

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

The other poster said it wasn’t “one guy.” You didn’t refute that. 

Point person =one who is at the forefront. What else do you think that means? Other people might have had a voice but everything I've read/heard insinuates that Eltife was dictating decisions. 

Regardless, it's a huge straw man. The point is that it's idiotic that anyone is making these decisions other than the AD whether it's "one person" or "a combination of BMDs or BoR." 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Who cares if it's "one guy"

Well, about 30 minutes ago you seemed to care a lot.

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The point Jive Turker and Hookem2147 were both making is that it's idiotic that we have people other than CDC making hires and they're right. 

If they weren't guessing or conjecturing like most everybody else then maybe.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Well, about 30 minutes ago you seemed to care a lot.

I don't care if you think it's one guy or a combination of the BoR/BMDs. 

Either scenario is stupid if it isn't the AD making the decision. That was the point both Jive Turkey and Hookem2147 were making. It wasn't "guessing" either. When the leading source on coaching changes, footballscoop, says that Eltife was the "point person" on the coaching search what do you think that means? 

Edited by texasstrong12

I think we can both agree a huge part of the problem is hiring a dude that is willing to totally cede the most important responsibility of his job to others.
Hi, I've been been a Shag/Surly reader for years, but I've never posted before. I feel, however, that the time is right. It's important that you read and understand this:

You are a stupid, stupid mothetfucker.

Sent from my SM-A325M using Tapatalk

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Dumb question: why is it when the BoR chairman is running the show it’s seen by the media as “alignment” but when BMD get involved it’s seen as “too many cooks in the kitchen”?

In both cases the person who is hired to make coaching decisions isn’t making them and that seems like a problem. Alignment to me would be CDC aligning the people who are going to write the checks and the president and going to make a hire he thinks is right.

Edited by Hookem2147

1 minute ago, jklivinatx said:

Hi, I've been been a Shag/Surly reader for years, but I've never posted before. I feel, however, that the time is right. It's important that you read and understand this:

Colt has heard that before. He’s even been called a “stupid, stupid motherfucker,” but I’m not sure it’s a first time poster’s place to point it out. IJS.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jklivinatx said:

Sent from my SM-A325M using Tapatalk

spacer.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Alignment to me would be CDC aligning the people who are going to write the checks and the president and going to make a hire he thinks is right.

I think that’s what happened, we just would rather not think he got the hire wrong so we insert whatever boogie man we can point the finger at.

Hell there’s actual quotes when the hire happened talking about how aligned everyone was on the hire (AD, boosters and regents).