Chris Del Conte is a Gigantic Pussy

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

The entire administration is rotten. You don’t let a semi nee HC bring in the JUCO level staff from Houston to Texas. Then you absolutely don’t let him reload with garbage. Zero accountability. Starts at the top. Texas is too big to fail. Too much money and too much rotten bloat 

• Hook 'Em 3

Eh. I'll give CDC a chance to fire him mid-season before I'm convinced that he's the problem. He didn't hire either of these ass clowns, and the Herman extension was bad but UT's ADs have made worse moves. Although I don't really care about Texas basketball so I'm not as offended over here.

But, until Herman is gone, yeah, he's a gigantic puss.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I don’t want to hear any bullshit about covid or money. Plenty of donors have hit all time highs in their net worth during the pandemic. 

Teams poorer than us fire better coaches every year. 

The covid argument is relevant for Shaka's contract, but football has to pay for all of this shit. I don't see how you keep Coach Menses after today, win or lose. This team is a fucking disaster.

Edited by Blotto

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Eh. I'll give CDC a chance to fire him mid-season before I'm convinced that he's the problem. He didn't hire either of these ass clowns, and the Herman extension was bad but UT's ADs have made worse moves. Although I don't really care about Texas basketball so I'm not as offended over here.

But, until Herman is gone, yeah, he's a gigantic puss.

a firing mid season would tell me things have changed immensely.  I give it a .01% chance of happening.

10 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

The Belmont Twats is the name of tbe barbershop quartet that sings at the athletic department Christmas party. It's very swanky . I hear plonsky loves it 

Plonsky also wants to replace football at DKR with weekly open air scissor competitions sponsored by the Flannel league and Subaru.

Edited by El Squared

ad@athletics.utexas.edu

He usually writes back. He didn't respond to one I sent three months ago where I questioned the wisdom of losing focus in a fractured Spring while trying to install a new game plan on both sides of the ball. He was likely very busy, but it could be that I made him mad.

It was probably a lot nicer than the one I sent this evening outlining my thoughts on my continued contributions and attendance to see a collection of players (not a team) that don't seem to appreciate what is being provided to them. My conclusion being, we need a coach that will fix this.

8 hours ago, victory88 said:

CDC needs to be fired.  I have zero confidence in him.  Fucking idiot gave him an extension after a 4 loss season.  Then gave him a whole new coaching staff when it was obvious he wasn't a good coach.  Meanwhile, we continue to keep Shaka Smart.  

I'm off the CDC band wagon.  Enjoy the new endzone.  I'm not stepping foot in DKR till everyone within  this program is fired.  

The end zone is going to be pretty sweet. Also the locker rooms and meeting rooms and stuff are all going above and beyond top notch. The little details in everything are amazing.

But yeah I'm not wasting any money on UT or visiting Austin with my fam any time soon. Place sucks now.

12 minutes ago, Zeus said:

The end zone is going to be pretty sweet. Also the locker rooms and meeting rooms and stuff are all going above and beyond top notch. The little details in everything are amazing.

But yeah I'm not wasting any money on UT or visiting Austin with my fam any time soon. Place sucks now.

All of those cute items don't mean shit if we are not winning. Fuck that soft ass approach. Personnel espresso machines? 

When we were winning the team got grades and trim. They are young men. If that is not enough well.... 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Lulz, what team have you been watching?

Big? Check

Fail? Check

The University of Texas is a whole lot more than a middling/shitty football team.

A lot more.

That is a big reason why the administration is fine with good teams every now and then and mediocre teams more often than not.

10 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

All of those cute items don't mean shit if we are not winning. Fuck that soft ass approach. Personnel espresso machines? 

When we were winning the team got grades and trim. They are young men. If that is not enough well.... 

Yeah no Im just saying because I'm familiar with the project. These guys (besides Sam) are all about Twitter and being wimpy bitches. They deserve a swift kick in the ass but instead will be coddled.

9 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Hes an outstanding AD. One of the best in the country

jfc surly... quit being surly for one second. He will right the ship

Just change the eyes of texas to some mumble rap bullshit that will work!

I think CDC is good too, but nobody wants to come to the cesspool in Austin and play in the big12. 

50 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The University of Texas is a whole lot more than a middling/shitty football team.

A lot more.

That is a big reason why the administration is fine with good teams every now and then and mediocre teams more often than not.

The University of Texas has an even bigger inflated ego academically than it does athletically, Texas turns its nose up at the SEC when it would be fighting for 3rd academically in the SEC, Big10? PAC12? ACC? Texas would be middle of the pack at best in those conferences. Texas thinks it's up there with Cal, UCLA, UM and UNC when it's really down with UF, UGA, and OSU.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 1