Chris Del Conte is a Gigantic Pussy

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

13 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

The University of Texas has an even bigger inflated ego academically than it does athletically, Texas turns its nose up at the SEC when it would be fighting for 3rd academically in the SEC, Big10? PAC12? ACC? Texas would be middle of the pack at best in those conferences. Texas thinks it's up there with Cal, UCLA, UM and UNC when it's really down with UF, UGA, and OSU.

Eh. I think you're going a bit far there. It's hard to rank Texas holistically because there are so many fucking students across a large number of schools. Texas still largely serves the state of Texas with it's automatic admissions policy, too. If UT chose to be more elitist with who it accepted it could probably catch up very quickly with the UCLAs and Michigans of the world.

The best programs - undergrad and grad - at Texas are up there with the best schools in the nation. 

And lol at trying to sneak Georgia in there. Georgia is a fucking cakewalk to get into. It's a solid school but more of a safety school for the academically ambitious.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

He’s fine at his job. He hires are all home runs—Beard, Vic, White, Floreal

For the 495th time, Sark wasn’t a CDC hire. CDC did what he was told.

I don't believe he had no say. He also gave Herman that stupid extension, has done very little with NIL, and SEZ is looking like a complete dud. 

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I don't believe he had no say. 

Then you’re just getting angry at the wrong person. It’s pretty well known he was told to sit back and let others handle it. 

Just analysis tells you CDC didn’t make the Sark hire when you look at all of the other hires CDC has made. Sark doesn’t fit.

On 10/10/2020 at 11:54 PM, ztejas said:

Eh. I think you're going a bit far there. It's hard to rank Texas holistically because there are so many fucking students across a large number of schools. Texas still largely serves the state of Texas with it's automatic admissions policy, too. If UT chose to be more elitist with who it accepted it could probably catch up very quickly with the UCLAs and Michigans of the world.

The best programs - undergrad and grad - at Texas are up there with the best schools in the nation. 

And lol at trying to sneak Georgia in there. Georgia is a fucking cakewalk to get into. It's a solid school but more of a safety school for the academically ambitious.

Our 10% rule alone creates academic shortfalls.  Our best and brightest are going out of state due to let’s give everyone a group hug.  But hey as long as 1 out of 200 make to their second semester at Texas they deserved a chance.  

This just carries along entitlement that creates postponing reality for these young folks.  Life teaches all lessons best to not put them off to long.

It’s easy to ramp Texas up you just adjust standards and endure the bitching of those who will be left at their level verses carried along.

Just now, Native Texas said:

Our 10% rule alone creates academic shortfalls.  Our best and brightest are going out of state due to let’s give everyone a group hug.  But hey as long as 1 out of 200 make to their second semester at Texas they deserved a chance.  

This just carries along entitlement that creates postponing reality for these young folks.  Life teaches all lessons best to not put them off to long.

It’s easy to ramp Texas up you just adjust standards and endure the bitching of those who will be left at their level verses carried along.

Isn't it 6% now?

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Isn't it 6% now?

It is.  Our daughter is a Presidential Merit Scholar who would have gone to Texas, but the feel good nation sent her to Alabama.  Thanks to the 6%.  Our family is having a great time and she’s happy.  We all find it interesting that our society mitigates brilliance in hope they can balance the scales.  Great job State of Texas.  Btw we are native Texans with sharecropper grandparents…

Still a Texas fan.  Till Gabriel Blows His Horn!

• Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Native Texas said:

It is.  Our daughter is a Presidential Merit Scholar who would have gone to Texas, but the feel good nation sent her to Alabama.  Thanks to the 6%.  Our family is having a great time and she’s happy.  We all find it interesting that our society mitigates brilliance in hope they can balance the scales.  Great job State of Texas.  Btw we are native Texans with sharecropper grandparents…

Still a Texas fan.  Till Gabriel Blows His Horn!

It's also interesting how our society coddles the mediocre to maintain the status quo.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Maybe some people realize the athletics department doesn’t just consist of football.

Yep, and while football is the straw that stirs the drink, CDC has excelled in other aspects where he isn't hamstrung by interlopers.

And, lets face it.  Despite all the dire predictions of financial ruin if football sucks, it has sucked for 20 of the last 30 years, at least, and we're a juggernaut.

Edited by TwiceHorn

15 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Maybe some people realize the athletics department doesn’t just consist of football.

Somewhere, Greg Fenves is smiling.  His work has been completed.  We are now peer to Stanford and Cal.

Edited by 89Horn

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

what has he excelled at? responding to every single inane bullshit tweet directed his way?

Literally the hires he’s made in other sports and their success. 

Your emotional anger is directed at the wrong person.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Native Texas said:

It is.  Our daughter is a Presidential Merit Scholar who would have gone to Texas, but the feel good nation sent her to Alabama.  Thanks to the 6%.  Our family is having a great time and she’s happy.  We all find it interesting that our society mitigates brilliance in hope they can balance the scales.  Great job State of Texas.  Btw we are native Texans with sharecropper grandparents...

Not sure what you mean by "feel good nation."  The top-6% definitely addresses the perceived demographic concerns at the possible expense of prepared/competent suburban kids.

Fwiw, I will share a story.  My oldest was also an Alabama Presidential Merit Scholar, but he chose to attend Texas.  Why?  Because his major was rated considerably higher than its Alabama counterpart.  Moreover, the faculty capability and corporate networking were considerably better.  I had to pay full-freight; we had the benefit of the original Texas Tomorrow and a gangbuster stockmarket.  Without it, 0 tuition is attractive.

Each decision is VERY personal and I do not understand your DD's specific situation.  And I am not asking you to elaborate - not my business.  When we visited Alabama, one department head expressed his surprise at how many kids go there because of good football.

Eltife hired Sark. Directing the anger at the wrong person. Multiple 9.95 sites have said as much. 

Maybe these idiots should get out of CDC’s way when he’s been making great hires in other sports. This is our biggest problem. Too many rich white old guys that think they run the program. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Not sure what you mean by "feel good nation."  The top-6% definitely addresses the perceived demographic concerns at the possible expense of prepared/competent suburban kids.

Fwiw, I will share a story.  My oldest was also an Alabama Presidential Merit Scholar, but he chose to attend Texas.  Why?  Because his major was rated considerably higher than its Alabama counterpart.  Moreover, the faculty capability and corporate networking were considerably better.  I had to pay full-freight; we had the benefit of the original Texas Tomorrow and a gangbuster stockmarket.  Without it, 0 tuition is attractive.

Each decision is VERY personal and I do not understand your DD's specific situation.  And I am not asking you to elaborate - not my business.  When we visited Alabama, one department head expressed his surprise at how many kids go there because of good football.

Ironically, Top 10% (or 7 or 6 or whatever) is directly a product of those who won't let UT just have affirmative action in admissions.

If the Abigail Fishers of the world had just held their water, privileged underachieving white kids, some of whom are whip smart, would still routinely get into UT.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Before Sark: “This hire will define his legacy at Texas. He has to hit a home run.”

After Sark: “Look! Over there!”

You weren't paying attention. Sorry, you're an idiot. 

The sad thing is Del Conte will be fired of over this while old rich white idiots like Eltife keep running the show. This is why "We are Texas" in football while the other sports are thriving. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

Whoever said Sark doesn't fit a CDC hire nailed it.

CDCs other hires have all been top flight, championship-winning coaches from programs that are arguably if not objectively currently better than Texas.

The football coach landscape may not have permitted such a hire, exactly, but Sarkisian doesn't fit the pattern at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

No, fuck our BoR and BMDs

The amount of stupidity in this thread is sad. 

This is why we suck. Our fanbase will call for Del Conte to be fired and won't say a word about the people actually making the big decisions. The next AD will have the same problem and will once again be blamed for the shitty decisions made by our BoR and BMDs. 

Personally, I hope Del Conte flames the fuck out of us if he's fired. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The amount of stupidity in this thread is sad. 

This is why we suck. Our fanbase will call for Del Conte to be fired and won't say a word about the people actually making the big decisions. The next AD will have the same problem and will once again be blamed for the shitty decisions made by our BoR and BMDs. 

Personally, I hope Del Conte flames the fuck out of us if he's fired. 

I think we can both agree a huge part of the problem is hiring a dude that is willing to totally cede the most important responsibility of his job to others.