2020 World Series - Dodgers vs Rays

CowtownHorn

There is a lot of baseball left. Tuesday is set up for the Rays with Snell pitching and the prospect of making the Dodgers burn some relievers since they pitched May here and will not start him. Think I would have rather had him than Gonsolin. Then if they get pas Tuesday we get Buehler/Morton where Morton usually shines.

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

It’s giving me an ulcer.

Well this long-suffering Texas Rangers fan is pulling for you, your ulcer, and the Dodgers all the way. My son played his college ball in California a few years ago. While out to visit him, I got to take in my first Dodgers game. It was awesome! Like I said a few pages back, they’re a very likable team.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brew said:

There is a lot of baseball left. Tuesday is set up for the Rays with Snell pitching and the prospect of making the Dodgers burn some relievers since they pitched May here and will not start him. Think I would have rather had him than Gonsolin. Then if they get pas Tuesday we get Buehler/Morton where Morton usually shines.

But with the day off tomorrow, every arm is available for both games.  You push it at this point.  Plus they all pitched 100 fewer regular season games.

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

But with the day off tomorrow, every arm is available for both games.  You push it at this point.  Plus they all pitched 100 fewer regular season games.

They are all available, but I still like Snell versus 7-8 relievers if they yank Gonsolin early again. It also should be every arm but Kershaw, they need to keep him in the dugout the rest of the way.

Do they have season ticket holders to inconvenience now? The only time I've ever seen that stadium even close to full is when the Yankees play there

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Well no. Theres this thing called COVID-19. It’s novel and now nobody has season ticket holders to inconvenience.

Well no. Theres this thing called COVID-19. It’s novel and now nobody has season ticket holders to inconvenience.

Why so serious? I'm just making light of the fact that the Trop is one of the worst stadiums in baseball (if not the worst) that rarely sells out

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If the dodgers win this series, is Kershaw your MVP? Two Ws where he looked really good in both starts. I’m guessing Seager will probably get it, but it would be a nice feather in kershaw’s cap if he could add a World Series mvp to his postseason narrative.

If it goes 7 and they win, it’s probably Buehler over Kershaw if you are looking at pitchers. Today you could probably make the argument for Kershaw or Seager.

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If the dodgers win this series, is Kershaw your MVP? Two Ws where he looked really good in both starts. I’m guessing Seager will probably get it, but it would be a nice feather in kershaw’s cap if he could add a World Series mvp to his postseason narrative.

This was the big game for him. Game 5 and tied at 2 and he delivered. He's been great these whole playoffs aside from that one game against the Braves.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Kershaw has been great but the argument for a pitcher to get it over position players who perform like Seager gets a lot weaker when he only throws 11.2 IP for the whole series. I know that's the way the game is played these days but that still hurts his chances.

I really want to focus on winning the next game rather than the MVP.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I really want to focus on winning the next game rather than the MVP.  

Right there with you.  Having followed the Dodgers since the days of Koufax, Drysdale, Podres, Regan, I am ready to end this 32 year drought.  Still shaking my head over that game 4 outcome, but very glad they rebounded in game 5.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, slorch said:

It's a long way across to the other clubhouse...

( yes I like the added days for the pitching)

I think they are critical.  Pitching staffs are going to be taxed as hell after 4 rounds of playoffs.  They need to hit the reset every so often.  But it’s all hands for these last 2 games.