The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

It's getting more and more difficult for me to see how supporting Trump isn't tacitly normalizing criminal behavior from the Executive Branch.  

“If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the president clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and applicabe legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgement”

D4eZeJ-W4AEUQGb.png:large

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Like it was for Democrats in 1998?

You might want to go back and see how that actually played out.

If impeachment results in a ‘Don Jr and Ivanka will Never Be President’ thread then it will be worth it. 

16 minutes ago, Chooky said:

It's getting more and more difficult for me to see how supporting Trump isn't tacitly normalizing criminal behavior from the Executive Branch.

But there’s really nothing new with criminal behavior at the executive branch, is there?

Nixon: Watergate

Reagan: Iran-contra

Clinton: blowjob

Obama: Benghazi, “fast and furious”

10 minutes ago, XYZ said:

But there’s really nothing new with criminal behavior at the executive branch, is there?

No.

Dubya lied about intelligence to start a war that's killed hundreds of thousands of people and cost us trillions and nothing happened. Obama was all like, "We're going to look forward, not back!" and then lost the Congress for a decade.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

No.

Dubya lied about intelligence to start a war that's killed hundreds of thousands of people and cost us trillions and nothing happened. Obama was all like, "We're going to look forward, not back!" and then lost the Congress for a decade.

How many times did Obama utter Bush's name during his presidency? I really don't remember him doing it. He was so much more respectful of his predecessor the Trump is of his. Fox News would have us believe otherwise. I wish someone would compile the numbers. Like golfing, I'm sure Trump leads Obama by a wide margin. 

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How many times did Obama utter Bush's name during his presidency? I really don't remember him doing it. He was so much more respectful of his predecessor the Trump is of his. Fox News would have us believe otherwise. I wish someone would compile the numbers. Like golfing, I'm sure Trump leads Obama by a wide margin. 

I'm sorry, say wut ?  Mr. Obama said more times than you can count I inherited the bad (fill in the blank) from the last administration, President Bush , the Bush admin.  Were you asleep the first 4 years of his presidency ??  His first four years was the blame game.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Hoolllyyyy Fuuuuuucccck.

Bush’s fault was the default answer for the entire Obama Administration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

Impeachment talk not going away

Where’s all the mounds of evidence of collusion and coordination of the Trump campaign with the Russians? Where is it Schiffy? Schiff has zero credibility and his stupidity is right up there at a SheJack level.

Also trump would likely insist on testifying at any impeachment trial. Anyone who thinks he will make a good witness under halfway competent cross examination is delusional. Everything he says after his name will be an easily proven lie. The dude can’t even remember the name of the White House. 

• Like 1

Sadly, could not find any kids suffering with cancer at the picnic today, to break their bones and crush them into a dollar.  Gonna have to work hard this week to keep up with my numbers. If things get tight, gonna have to start going after the mentally ill to make up ground. I know where to find a bunch of those. I did meet a Russian however.  Told her that I was from the internet and asked her what she knew about pee pee tapes.  Conversation got kinda awkward. 

• Like 3

You seem to be taking this personally.  I spent the afternoon with family, eating brisket, drinking beer, and then my BIL and I each had a couple of bourbons and talked about a business opportunity.  Could be fun, might be lucrative, not sure -- bourbon.

You should probably not try so hard to find cancerous kids to crush, it's wearing on you.  I can point you to a few clinics.  But hey, it's a holiday -- sounds like you had fun, regardless.  Both sides!

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Hoolllyyyy Fuuuuuucccck.

Bush’s fault was the default answer for the entire Obama Administration.

Maybe it's mostly because Trump is a petulant ass about everything, but "Trump blamed Obama" has about three times as many google hits as "Obama blamed Bush". 

I don't think it's objectively close.   But sure, you can always find incidents of blaming the prior administration.  Trump just happens to be doing it, and lying, at psychotic levels.

2 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Maybe it's mostly because Trump is a petulant ass about everything, but "Trump blamed Obama" has about three times as many google hits as "Obama blamed Bush". 

I don't think it's objectively close.   But sure, you can always find incidents of blaming the prior administration.  Trump just happens to be doing it, and lying, at psychotic levels.

No that's not the argument what the Buck was making. He said Mr. Obama never blamed Bush.  Patently false.

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Where’s all the mounds of evidence of collusion and coordination of the Trump campaign with the Russians? Where is it Schiffy? Schiff has zero credibility and his stupidity is right up there at a SheJack level.

It's in the report. You haven't read it.

Also, there's a whole shit ton of evidence of obstruction of justice. That's what's going to get him impeached.

Edited by David Dennison

12 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No that's not the argument what the Buck was making. He said Mr. Obama never blamed Bush.  Patently false.

I'm not arguing with him.  I'm arguing with your patently false statement. 

But I'm okay with "Obama did blame Bush -- not nearly as much as Trump blames Obama but he did do it."   

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

It's probably worth a reminder that all the living former presidents get along with each other and none of them have any respect for Trump. That was true when the elder Bush was alive too. 

He's going to be the most alienated man on earth once he's out of office.

44 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's in the report. You haven't read it.

Exactly.

That’s why Mueller said the investigation, “did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government”.

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Exactly.

That’s why Mueller said the investigation, “did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government”.

He also said, "A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts."

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He also said, "A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts."

Yes. There’s standards. We’ve been going over this. People that spout that there’s some great amount of collusion evidence are objectively wrong. Full stop. 

If there was mounds of evidence supporting it, the conclusion would’ve been different. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Yes. There’s standards. We’ve been going over this. People that spout that there’s some great amount of collusion evidence are objectively wrong. Full stop. 

If there was mounds of evidence supporting it, the conclusion would’ve been different. 

That is not true and every lawyer on this board will tell you the same.

I'm sorry, say wut ?  Mr. Obama said more times than you can count I inherited the bad (fill in the blank) from the last administration, President Bush , the Bush admin.  Were you asleep the first 4 years of his presidency ??  His first four years was the blame game.

You must have really hated it when he responded fed to questions about jobs by pointing out that we were losing XXX jobs (800,000) per month on the day he became president. He definitely used the prior administration a few times and remember many more where the questions were moronic and tried to pin Bush’s economy on him
  • Like 1