The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Who knows though, this whole thing is kind of weird and Cohen seems like kind of a loon.

I have no idea why Cohen divorced his lawyers but given everything known about Cohen, I can’t see a way he doesn’t fully cooperate unless he’s a Russian agent like Manafort probably is.

I seriously doubt Cohen is Russian agent.

5 minutes ago, Washpark said:

Never thought I would be cheering for someone like Jeff Sessions

Jeff Sessions is an evil piece of shit.  That he hates Trump, probably for personal reasons because Trump is an asshole to him, doesn't make Sessions less evil.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Jeff Sessions is an evil piece of shit.  That he hates Trump, probably for personal reasons because Trump is an asshole to him, doesn't make Sessions less evil.

I agree but have to enjoy him making Trump issues worse.

5 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

At least he’s not a complete traitor is the way I see it.  Evil? Yes.  Full blown turncoat? Not so much.

7 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

1 bajillion times this.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

At least he’s not a complete traitor is the way I see it.  Evil? Yes.  Full blown turncoat? Not so much.

But, surprisingly, also this.  

Even though his vision of America is white power, no weed-having, stealing suckling babies from brown mommas in some dystopian alternate universe of 1950s America, he still puts America over Russia.  

The same could never be said for Dotus.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Sessions also talked with Russians during the campaign and then lied to Congress about it. We know he knew about the campaign's coordination with Russia as it was going on. He's hardly clean on that.

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Sessions also talked with Russians during the campaign and then lied to Congress about it. We know he knew about the campaign's coordination with Russia as it was going on. He's hardly clean on that.

Unless he’s a counterintelligence mole.

Unlikely, but possible.

and let’s be completely honest, it would be challenging to work in the Trump campaign and NOT have conversations with Russians. 

2 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Sessions is too banal for true evil.  He's just a piece of shit.

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

1 bajillion times this.

But, surprisingly, also this.  

Even though his vision of America is white power, no weed-having, stealing suckling babies from brown mommas in some dystopian alternate universe of 1950s America, he still puts America over Russia.  

The same could never be said for Dotus.

The Russia hating is perfectly compatible with the dystopian 50's vision of America.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Sessions has redeemed himself from coordinating the collusion via meetings with kislyak that he lied about to counterintelligence mole. The schizophrenia is real. 

Can you explain this?

The FBI informed an aide to Attorney General Jeff Sessions that he did not need to reveal his foreign contacts that took place while he was carrying out official duties as a U.S. senator, backing up the Department of Justice's (DOJ) explanation for why Sessions didn't disclose his contacts with the Russian ambassador on security clearance forms, CNN reported on Sunday. 

The network reported that an unnamed FBI agent had informed one of Sessions's aides in a March email that "he was not required to list foreign government contacts while in official government business unless he developed personal relationships from such contacts."

The statement was in response to a question from one of Sessions's aides. 

The report backs up the DOJ's explanation for not including his foreign contacts on his security clearance application form. 

CNN first reported in May that Sessions did not disclose his meetings with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak on the SF-86 form. 

DOJ spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores told CNN at the time that an FBI employee who was helping Sessions complete the form advised him that he did not have to disclose meetings with foreign ambassadors that took place during his time in the Senate. 

Democrats had previously knocked Sessions for omitting the contacts on the form. 

The report comes as multiple congressional panels and special counsel Robert Mueller continue to probe alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. 

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politics/jeff-sessions-fbi-russian-contacts/index.html

Could be nothing but it presents several obvious questions that have suspiciously gone unasked.

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"Sessions said in an interview released Thursday that he was the one who made the decision to recommend to Trump that he fire Comey, not Rosenstein -- and that therefore Rosenstein isn't disqualified from his role in the Russia investigation.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/politics/jeff-sessions-rod-rosenstein-recusal/index.html

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

CNN first reported in May that Sessions did not disclose his meetings with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak on the SF-86 form. 

DOJ spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores told CNN at the time that an FBI employee who was helping Sessions complete the form advised him that he did not have to disclose meetings with foreign ambassadors that took place during his time in the Senate. 

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politics/jeff-sessions-fbi-russian-contacts/index.html

Sessions is effectively acting as a firewall for the Mueller investigation AND he's got cover from the FBI for inaccuracies (or lies) in his confirmation hearing wrt Russian contacts. 

To be clear, my original understanding was that a distinction was made about SF-86 reporting between contacts made with Russians in his capacity a Senator on the Committee on Armed Services, for example, versus contacts as a citizen on the Trump campaign.  The former would qualify as NOT needing SF-86 reporting, while the latter would require it.  The second quote above morphs that into a blanket exception that would apply for all contacts that occurred dating back to 1997 ! - with the FBI now taking responsibility for any discrepancies !!

I think Sessions was brought into the fold for some bad shit not of his personal design, at some point had it made clear by someone in a position to do something that he was in deep shit, and has been providing an important service in the interest of the Mueller investigation ever since to ensure he survives without legal trouble.

dotardus luteus 

Sessions is too banal for true evil.  He's just a piece of shit.

This. He’s a rule of law guy in every possible way. If the law precludes his wife from sitting on his face after toking a doobie he’s strongly out.

I think his bullheadedness causes him to make “evil” decisions- plenty. But I don’t think he has evil motivations. He’s the US from the 50s.

9 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

This. He’s a rule of law guy in every possible way. If the law precludes his wife from sitting on his face after toking a doobie he’s strongly out.

I think his bullheadedness causes him to make “evil” decisions- plenty. But I don’t think he has evil motivations. He’s the US from the 50s.

Bullshit.  

He's Alabama from the '50's, today, and 30 years from now.  

He's a backward-ass motherfucker from a backward-ass state. 

Bullshit.  

He's Alabama from the '50's, today, and 30 years from now.  
He's a backward-ass motherfucker from a backward-ass state. 

It’s foolish to think Alabama was the only backwards state in the 50s. He’s a relic of Our not too distant past and how a lot of Americans currently still think. Rule of law, if you’re outside the law no mercy. Even if reasonable folks would make a logical, empathetic exceptions, plenty more wouldn’t simply because “rule of law”.
He’s treating immigration with the same heavy handed tactics used to harass communist, dissenters, Longhairs, “uppity” blacks going back forever.

It’s an ugly ethos but an ethos at least.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

It’s foolish to think Alabama was the only backwards state in the 50s. He’s a relic of Our not too distant past and how a lot of Americans currently still think. Rule of law, if you’re outside the law no mercy. Even if reasonable folks would make a logical, empathetic exceptions, plenty more wouldn’t simply because “rule of law”.
He’s treating immigration with the same heavy handed tactics used to harass communist, dissenters, Longhairs, “uppity” blacks going back forever.

Very true.  He's extremely retrograde, and very American.

Rule of law...unless it’s a rich white guy breaking it.

Being uncompromising is one thing...being uncompromising, but then utterly flexible when the wrongdoer is, say, donald trump....well, that’s why we call them out.

They’re not in favor of the rule of law. They’re willing to use it to serve their agenda, and discard it when they see fit.

Still bullshit. He is talking about the need to follow the law when referencing asylum seekers, who are absolutely following the law. He uses the smokescreen of “law and order” to support his racist agenda.

I know the right loves their lib tears, but they don't know schadenfreude like seeing Trump people fucked over by the situation they created.   Campaign criminals, Russia collusion traitors, and even the blue collar Trump voters getting fucked by his trade war.   All of the "fuck you," but none of the guilt of causing the situation. 

^ That restores my faith in America a little. Paul Manafort has deserved to have his butthole checked for decades. There is a lot of blood on his hands. Maybe the guard will be able to see it through PM's butthole if he looks hard enough. I hope he gets the rare guard that actually likes checking buttholes. 

21 minutes ago, Chooky said:

At some point today Paul Manafort will have his butthole checked during the booking process.  A law enforcement employee will be required to check Paul Manafort's butthole to make sure that Paul Manafort doesn't have anything in his butthole that could be harmful to himself or others.  Checking Paul Manafort's butthole isn't a job that anyone will envy, but someone has to do the job of checking Paul Manafort's butthole.  I don't know Paul Manafort personally, but I'm positive he doesn't want his butthole to be checked.  Doesn't matter, though.  Paul Manafort will have his butthole checked.

You mean his "prison wallet"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2