The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Moron

Yes. "A piece of shit hack". Lol at somebody questioning me on my calling him that. Of course he was, of course he still is. He's an unqualified imbecile. And a scam artist. He has essentially the cultivated mind of an alt right "media" guest on a Fox & Friends segment.

It's so embarrassing half of you right wing nut balls now pretend you're libertarians. The other half of you just recently pretended to be something called "teabaggers" before becoming Trumpkins.

GWB embarrassed you people immensely. So did Nixon. Trump will eventually humiliate you all as well. You'll all forswear him later. 

Frankly you should now.

When you see the pee tape, you damn well will. The guy had Russian prostitutes pee in his face. That's your American hero. 

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

I believe this is indicative of how deeply Mueller is cutting into the international web within which Manafort has operated for a very long time. 

It's goes well beyond dotardus joco trumpanzee.

Play with Russia and you're gonna get Molotov'd.

Schindler:

“When Mueller informs the public of more indictments is an open question. That they are coming, however, is not. And there are lots of them. The Special Counsel has been at work for almost 18 months now. An Intelligence Community official who assisted the Special Counsel’s investigation told me this week that Team Mueller is holding “dozens of sealed indictments” of people associated with the president, his 2015-16 campaign, and his administration. “Nobody who’s close to the Russians is getting out of this,” said the IC official. When will those indictments start being unsealed? Watch this space.”

6 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Schindler:

“When Mueller informs the public of more indictments is an open question. That they are coming, however, is not. And there are lots of them. The Special Counsel has been at work for almost 18 months now. An Intelligence Community official who assisted the Special Counsel’s investigation told me this week that Team Mueller is holding “dozens of sealed indictments” of people associated with the president, his 2015-16 campaign, and his administration. “Nobody who’s close to the Russians is getting out of this,” said the IC official. When will those indictments start being unsealed? Watch this space.”

Patient bear is losing patience as he watches the country circle the drain at an ever increasing pace.

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, it's either that or polonium tea, so why would he cooperate?  That's kinda what I've been thinking since the plea.  What's the upside for him?

"Door number one, you go to prison for a very long time. Door number two, we are going to get back the Declaration of Independence, you help us find it, and you still go to prison for a very long time, but you feel better inside."

Except I doubt he will feel better.

I think it is hysterical and terrifying that everyone (press/govt/whatever) is still treating the repercussions of all of this like some namby pamby run of the mill government corruption bullshit.  This shit is beyond ANYTHING THIS NATION HAS EVER SEEN.  I have faith that Mueller knows this and is treating it as such.  This isn't Nixon, this isn't Clinton, this isn't Iran/Contra, fuck it's not even Benedict FUCKING Arnold.  This will go down in history as the greatest scandal of all modern history.  Mark it Dude.

And if not, well fuck me right?  It's over.  Seriously, if nothing comes of this bullshit, it really is the fall of Rome.

• Like 5

A month ago on Fox News:  "I can tell you Matt Whitaker is a great guy.  I mean I know Matt Whitaker."  (quoted word for word)

Today:  "Matt Whitaker is a highly respected man.  But, again, I don't know Matt Whitaker."  (quoted word for word)

Edited by triplehorn

Will be interesting to hear the details about any backroom deals that Sessions may have made with Cheeto. Sessions stood his ground for a year and a half, and then just resigns.

He may face legal jeopardy for his part in the campaign and for his Senate testimony. Maybe Cheeto gave him some assurances that he would take care of him if he went quietly? Surely Sessions wouldn't believe anything like that?

16 minutes ago, retread said:

Will be interesting to hear the details about any backroom deals that Sessions may have made with Cheeto. Sessions stood his ground for a year and a half, and then just resigns.

He may face legal jeopardy for his part in the campaign and for his Senate testimony. Maybe Cheeto gave him some assurances that he would take care of him if he went quietly? Surely Sessions wouldn't believe anything like that?

Trump assurances aren't worth the toilet paper they are scribbled on. He would bury his whole family to save himself. He is loyal to nobody. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Totally agree. The about face for Sessions is what's intriguing. He was the main person standing between Cheeto and Mueller. He appeared resolved to stick it out. Then he resigns without a peep. Odd.

Even if he doesn't make his move, it seems clear that Cheeto is thinking seriously about tampering with the investigation. He has a lot clearer path now.

Edited by retread