The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

You spent a lot of time on that post. But not nearly as much time as the president has spent waging a treasonous war on the govt to undermine a counter-intelligence investigation into Russia interfering in a US election - because he has no legit defense. 

• Like 3

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/11/west-wing-insiders-brace-for-the-mueller-storm

The bigger threat for Trump than losing control of Congress is Robert Mueller’s looming report. Sources say Trump advisers are girding themselves for Mueller to deliver the results of his investigation to the Justice Department as early as Wednesday, although it’s more likely he’ll wait till later this month. Sources say besides the president, the ones with the most exposure are Roger Stone and Donald Trump Jr. “I’m very worried about Don Jr.,” said another former West Wing official who testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee. The possible exposure would be that Mueller would demonstrate that Don Jr. perjured himself to investigators when he said he didn’t tell his father beforehand about the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting to gather “dirt” on Hillary Clinton. (Donald Trump Jr.’s lawyer, Alan Futerfas, declined to comment.)

One potential sign of how seriously Trumpworld is treating the Mueller threat has been the near total silence of Rudy Giuliani. A constant presence on cable news over the summer, Giuliani hasn’t been on television in weeks. “What the hell happened to Rudy?” a former White House official said when I asked about Giuliani’s whereabouts. According to three sources briefed on Trump’s legal team, Giuliani has been in Europe visiting consulting clients as well as preparing a report with Trump lawyers Marty and Jane Raskin that is designed to provide a counter-narrative to Mueller’s document. “They don’t know what Mueller has but they have a good idea and they’re going to rebut it,” one Republican close to Giuliani said. But another source said Trump instructed Giuliani to stay off television to avoid hurting Trump’s midterm message. “Trump’s thinking is, ‘I gave you a lot of rope and now you got a lot of rope marks around your neck,’” the source said. (The White House did not respond to a request for comment.)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So is Rosenstein fired Wednesday morning?

Who knows, but I think Rod is probably surprised Trump hasn’t fired him already.  Dead-man switches and contingencies have likely been gamed out since before the initial Manafort/Gates indictments dropped.  We’ve already witnessed the dispersion of related investigations to various US Attys and State AG’s as one form of firewall.

Firing Rosenstein would be a fruitless act of desperation at this point, and more inflammatory than anything.

42 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Firing Rosenstein would be a fruitless act of desperation at this point, and more inflammatory than anything.

Trump arguably should be happy with the attention being taken off of the Russian stuff.  Would be stupid to open Pandora's box.  Plus, come January, some of the House Rs are going to find their shit being gone through by the Dems.

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Nah of course not. We are just gonna complain about Brisket while the board gets overrun with trolls

If you're still choosing to read texashammer's work, that's partly on you. Ignore.  Not everyone deserves the same attention online.   Habitual trolls gonna troll.  I'd rather judiciously ignore than be overmoderated.

4 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

If you're still choosing to read texashammer's work, that's partly on you. Ignore.  Not everyone deserves the same attention online.   Habitual trolls gonna troll.  I'd rather judiciously ignore than be overmoderated.

Yea I agree. But somehow Brisket is catching bans and these fucks continue. That’s my point. Either let it be the Wild West or deal with the issue.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea I agree. But somehow Brisket is catching bans and these fucks continue. That’s my point. Either let it be the Wild West or deal with the issue.

right, because brisket writing and wishing for someone and their kids to feel pain is the same as someone quoting a bunch of poster's masturbatory dreams about Trump and his nodding sycophants going down.  

4 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

right, because brisket writing and wishing for someone and their kids to feel pain is the same as someone quoting a bunch of poster's masturbatory dreams about Trump and his nodding sycophants going down.  

*Brisket writing and wishing for someone to empathize with his ethnic group that was just targeted by a radical right-wing domestic terrorist who used the same language and conspiracies and fallacies as many people here. You're completely ignoring the context that that happened in. Literally hours after the synagogue was shot up, and 11 people murdered in cold blood for the crime of being jewish, fuckers were acting like it was no big deal. Fuck you for propagating that false equivalency.

11 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

100%

Surly life is a lot more fun when you block out the bothersome trolls.

My shenanigans are cheeky and fun, their shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

Which makes them not like shenanigans at all, really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Can we not re-litigate this shit again. Jesus Christ.  Everybody stop being such being a pussy. 

I'm happy to not re-litigate it so long as people don't withhold context from describing what happened. Facts matter, and it's important to call out bullshit as you see it so that other people don't think it's the truth. Failure to do so is largely a part of how trump came into power.

• Like 5

Well than at least get your facts on the context straight.  Brisket isn't Jewish. His ethnic group was not just targeted in a mass shooting on that day. He was doing his standard bit, amping the rhetoric on the board up, expressing his wish that some random poster on the internet that he took offense with would get the chance to watch the life taken from the eyes of their family while they bled out on the floor. Now I don't really give a fuck one way or the other.  But everybody needs to stop whining and acting like pussies. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

Well than at least get your facts on the context straight.  Brisket isn't Jewish. His ethnic group was not just targeted in a mass shooting on that day.

Maybe he figured there were some lawyers in the group, you know, probabilities and all that.

• Like 2

No Brisket isn’t Jewish but the synagogue was targeted because of their organization that helps refugees.

If I remember right Brisket has mentioned working with them before and that his wife does similar work.

He wasn’t saying the victims were targeted because they’re were only Jewish but because they were doing the same kind of work for refugees that he and many of his friends and family are doing.

And if lunatics are murdering folks for helping brown people it’s not a big leap to think the next lunatic will skip the middleman and just go shoot the brown people next time.

And make no mistake, there will be a next time. Especially if today doesn’t go Trump’s way and he ratchets up the hateful, vengeful rhetoric.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

No Brisket isn’t Jewish but the synagogue was targeted because of their organization that helps refugees.

If I remember right Brisket has mentioned working with them before and that his wife does similar work.

He wasn’t saying the victims were targeted because they’re were only Jewish but because they were doing the same kind of work for refugees that he and many of his friends and family are doing.

And if lunatics are murdering folks for helping brown people it’s not a big leap to think the next lunatic will skip the middleman and just go shoot the brown people next time.

And make no mistake, there will be a next time. Especially if today doesn’t go Trump’s way and he ratchets up the hateful, vengeful rhetoric.

I don't know if that specific synagogue was doing anything for refugees. Synagogues do a lot of good work though.

They were targeted because of the conspiracy theory that Soros, and Jewish people in general, are funding the caravan. That BS was spread by Trump and continues to be spread by Fox News.

Did I justify what Brisket posted or make an equivalency to another post?

I was just clearing up what people overlooked in his post when they all just focused on what he wished would happen to people who minimized what transpired that week.

Somehow it became a telephone game and Brisket ended up Jewish.

He got emotional and said something he shouldn’t have. He owned it and apologized. I fully agree with the sentiment behind what he said and frankly didn’t have a problem with it but it was against the rules so I get why he was punished.

But when other posters are gleefully stating they would be glad to go to the border and shoot some refugees and others parrot the trumpian rhetoric that inspires mail bombs and synagogue massacres with no consequences, the pearl clutching over what Brisket said seems pretty hollow.

• Like 1

I don't know if that specific synagogue was doing anything for refugees. Synagogues do a lot of good work though.
They were targeted because of the conspiracy theory that Soros, and Jewish people in general, are funding the caravan. That BS was spread by Trump and continues to be spread by Fox News.

That synagogue Did help refugees.

59 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Did I justify what Brisket posted or make an equivalency to another post?

No, never mean to imply that you did.  CA chastised babbydaddy for propagating a false equivalency. When in reality he didn't make a false equivalency.  If anyone was equivocating it was hobbes. 

But I do fundamentally agree with hobbes and you. Either we embrace the thunderdome, or we embrace heavy and consistent moderation. Personally....

Thunderdome-998x663.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Somehow it became a telephone game and Brisket ended up Jewish.

Somebody better straighten this all out before he finds out the impact of kosher food restrictions on chicarone consumption and someone posts something really hysterical.   

Can't wait for the impeachment & indictment momentum to rachet up again, led by tonight's crushing rebuke of him. It's gonna be fun watching that pig squirm.

Women absolutely despise that man. They're gonna castrate him. 

The FBI hates him too. He's gonna get Waco'd.

I'm sure there will be many Republicans who turn their back on him, like Cohen did, when he begins to burn alive.

Witch vengeance.

• Like 1